User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    "You're mom fell off a bridge and got eaten by a shark? I don't know man, I'm gonna need to see her limbs."
    He did explain that in certain situations its better to accept things without proofs. Did you even watch the whole video?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    @EvidenceOfRedemption, what I think @Nicodemus was trying to say is that there's a difference between what the world is and what we can describe about it. Science seeks to "describe" the world as best it can; it does not seek to claim what it "is."

It's all well and good if you experience the world in your own way, but if you can't accurately describe your experiences, then it really does nothing to benefit others.
    Science doesn't seek anything, but scientists certainly do - and they make claims about what "it" "is". For an easy to find reference, search in the subcategory "news" for "claim claims scientist mars life", or even "claim claims scientist". Lots of scientists, lots of claims about what "it" "is" and lots of those claims are in contradiction with other claims.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    He did explain that in certain situations its better to accept things without proofs. Did you even watch the whole video?
    Yes, I did.