• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does Religion Encourage an Intuitive Mindset?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
These states hardly even prove anything concrete let alone hold any sort of relevance to reality you must be joking.
It's funny how this applies to everything you've said so far.

That graph shows that "S" types have higher Iq than "N" types.
Not sure how you got that. No it shows the opposite.

Depending on the content of the Iq tests they are also favored towards intuitive style thinking.
That's a completely empty statement. Expanding that logic would mean that any measurements would be normalized with everything else and have the same value? What justifies this ?

Oh wow a group of people who consider to themselves "N" but are in low population count have a higher Iq than a higher population group "S". It must mean N have higher Iq (...)
Yes thank you for stating the obvious
(...) or maybe people are really "S" and just say they are "N".
That's your angry opinion and it has nothing to do with the data and the correlation I've made. You are irrational.

etc.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh wow a group of people who consider to themselves "N" but are in low population count have a higher Iq than a higher population group "S". It must mean N have higher Iq or maybe people are really "S" and just say they are "N". Maybe older people magically change from "s" to "N" when they reach 50. Too many variables the graph is a joke.

Do you even know what correlation means? Lol

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
if N is correlated with IQ it's only natural that a rise in average IQ would lead to a raise in Ns. That's just the data, not some wild interpretation.

Actually you cant draw that conclusion from the two factors(raise of iq and correlation with iq and N). It would only work if S types would have 0 iq. The possibility that both S and N types have higher iq today than 50 years ago isnt controlled in any ways.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You do know that openness to experience(in big5) lowers by age and is correlated to N. But its not the N that goes down, its simply that N types answer to those tests to more S type as they age.
Why would you assume this? If people answer less N answers then why would it be different from 'BEING' less N with age. Is there even a difference? What counts is the results of the test. That's the data.

Did i really have to explain this if you already knew about flynn effect?
Well, I'm sorry if I didn't just find your broken logic to be self evident. :coffee:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Actually you cant draw that conclusion from the two factors(raise of iq and correlation with iq and N). It would only work if S types would have 0 iq. The possibility that both S and N types have higher iq today than 50 years ago isnt controlled in any ways.

You do realize that your assumption would only work if the N\iq correlation was much lower, right? :bye:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It's funny watching two Ns try to teach an S how to properly interpret data.

And how fitting that he can't figure out that the data shows that Ss are less intelligent than Ns.

:laugh:

Oh universe: you and your irony.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

And how fitting that he doesn't understand why the data shows that Ss are less intelligent than Ns.

I happen to have a degree in interpreting data to the point where I'm quite talented at lying with numbers :thelook:

... of course that's been useless since I gave up on lying :doh:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why would you assume this? If people answer less N answers then why would it be different from 'BEING' less N with age. Is there even a difference? What counts is the results of the test. That's the data.

Well, I'm sorry if I didn't just find your broken logic to be self evident.

Okay, so the problem is that you arent aware of what myers briggs indicator actually is. I suggest watching this video to get better understanding about it

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I happen to have a degree in interpreting data to the point where I'm quite talented at lying with numbers :thelook:

... of course that's been useless since I gave up on lying :doh:

I'm not saying all Ss are stupid.

That's obviously not what the data shows.

But c'mon, you have to agree that this situation is hilarious.

An S totally misinteprets a data set, thinking that it says Ss are actually more intelligent than Ns...

And in all the argumentation about it afterwards, it's clear that he lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the data...

I mean, that's just hilarious...

:rofl1:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Okay, so the problem is that you arent aware of what myers briggs indicator actually is. I suggest watching this video to get better understanding about it
okey I will watch your video and comment afterwards. My first answer would be that the MBTI is a test where people self report their preferences in terms of attitudes and types of behavior they prefer to engage in. That's what the test does at least, any other statement about it would seem like an opinion rather than something that can be observed directly and quantified

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You do realize that your assumption would only work if the N\iq correlation was much lower, right? :bye:

Why cant both raise about the same amount percentually?

How is this controlled with this? If its not controlled, you cant draw those conclusions because you are just guessing the chance of null hypothesis being true based on your own previous beliefs. Or actually it seems like you are simply disregarding it, even tho nothing is indicating it not being true..

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not saying all Ss are stupid.

That's obviously not what the data shows.

But c'mon, you have to agree that this situation is hilarious.

An S totally misinteprets a data set, thinking that it says Ss are actually more intelligent than Ns...

And in all the argumentation about it afterwards, it's clear that he lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the data...

I mean, that's just hilarious...

:rofl1:

I personally think that S and N are a false dichotomy, which I explained in a post above which nobody really bothered with because it didn't have to do with the damned argument (which is pretty much what the thread has boiled down to by this point)... any complete person can be rather adept at using a variety of functions with a natural ease :shrug:

some people do little to further their arguments, you have a point there, but I think that the entire argument is moot point :beathorse:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dude seriously, the MBTI is a test where people self report their preferences in terms of attitudes and types of behavior they prefer to engage in. Would you stop assuming that you are the smartest person aboard spaceship ego.

Watch the video lol. Its not a test that determines your type, its an indicator, you thinking its a test that tells you yoir type is the reason why you cant see what im saying.. Also those false type scores are explained in the video, add the change in persona from 20s to 50s and alot is explained. This isnt some ego thing, at least at my end.. Im trying to offer you understanding, but you being corrected seems to hurt your ego

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I personally think that S and N are a false dichotomy, which I explained in a post above which nobody really bothered with because it didn't have to do with the damned argument (which is pretty much what the thread has boiled down to by this point)... any complete person can be rather adept at using a variety of functions with a natural ease :shrug:

Well, obviously.

But Ss do tend to prefer a Sensing function first.

And Ns tend to prefer an iNtuitive function first.

And with this preference differential, regardless of what people say, there will tend to be some sort of skill differential.

Anyway, I'm not really even interested in this topic; I just thought what occurred up there was hilarious.

A

A window to the soul

I forgot to mention, I agree with your suggestion (below) that people can effectively use both.

everyone always goes and finds the most controversial posts in a thread and then argue back and forth... polite discussion isn't everyone's cup of tea I guess :laugh:

however, on the whole S and N thing, it's more of a false dichotomy in the way of letting some people in either "group" feel superior to those in the other even though everything is more like a dual sliding scale where it's quite possible to effectively use both at the same time :doh: People will ALWAYS have to argue about one being smarter on this forum just to feel better about themselves or something and they'll always find a way to drag it into other discussions... there should be a name for a law applied to that something like Godwin's law :thelook:
There's already a name for it. It's called Napoleon Complex. :)

Exhibit A:
I do not understand. Statistics are NOT about any individual. They are about, statistics: problem solving tools that are as far removed from positive or negative ad hominem as any information about people can possibly be.
I stated correlations to answer the OP. I do think that religious people are mentally insane but that is irrelevant to the data I mentioned.
Just curious, how tall are you?

jixmixfix

Permabanned

And how fitting that he can't figure out that the data shows that Ss are less intelligent than Ns.

See what I mean people like this nub over here will automatically assume with the data given that "N's" are moron intelligent than "S's".

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]... but it's quite possible to be a switch hitter as well... going with the good old fashioned american tradition of making baseball analogies :cool:

@ Nerd Girl :rofl1:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Zarathustra... but it's quite possible to be a switch hitter as well... going with the good old fashioned american tradition of making baseball analogies :cool:

Well yeah, as I said before: obviously.

I disagree with what you said in that post that Nerd Girl quoted, though.

Not that some people won't use it to make themselves feel better.

But it's also just a fact: intelligence is correlated with N.

Talking about that fact need not entail that one is doing it to make oneself feel superior.

And to make a claim like that does a disservice to being able to factually and openly talk about the truth.

But, honestly, as I said before, I don't even find this topic interesting, and I haven't even read the OP.

I just thought that back and forth before was absolutely hilariously ironic.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Watch the video lol. Its not a test that determines your type, its an indicator, you thinking its a test that tells you yoir type is the reason why you cant see what im saying.. Also those false type scores are explained in the video, add the change in persona from 20s to 50s and alot is explained. This isnt some ego thing, at least at my end.. Im trying to offer you understanding, but you being corrected seems to hurt your ego
I actually corrected that post a minute after posted it or so (and before your answer). We operate on very different assumptions. Though the fact that the guru looking guy says N is a fact about that person rather than a score result is just his point of view. What can be observed are score results, any other statement is very highly subjective. Therefore while my statement that 'test scores are test scores' can be easily demonstrated yours have no backing and you haven't proposed any way to verify that ascertion. That video doesn't 'explain' anything, I could make my own video stating that pinguins are fruits, even if I personally believed this is so I couldn't in good conscience state it as a fact without having data to back it up.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
It's funny how this applies to everything you've said so far.

It's funny how you defend your pointless graph like a precious child get over it.

That's a completely empty statement. Expanding that logic would mean that any measurements would be normalized with everything else and have the same value? What justifies this ?

Iq tests are known to cater towards those who are more academically inclined which is not a true measure of intelligence.

That's your angry opinion and it has nothing to do with the data and the correlation I've made. You are irrational.

etc.

That wasn't my opinion that was me mocking you.