User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    You do realize that your assumption would only work if the N\iq correlation was much lower, right?
    Why cant both raise about the same amount percentually?

How is this controlled with this? If its not controlled, you cant draw those conclusions because you are just guessing the chance of null hypothesis being true based on your own previous beliefs. Or actually it seems like you are simply disregarding it, even tho nothing is indicating it not being true..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm not saying all Ss are stupid.

That's obviously not what the data shows.

But c'mon, you have to agree that this situation is hilarious.

An S totally misinteprets a data set, thinking that it says Ss are actually more intelligent than Ns...

And in all the argumentation about it afterwards, it's clear that he lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the data...

I mean, that's just hilarious...

I personally think that S and N are a false dichotomy, which I explained in a post above which nobody really bothered with because it didn't have to do with the damned argument (which is pretty much what the thread has boiled down to by this point)... any complete person can be rather adept at using a variety of functions with a natural ease

some people do little to further their arguments, you have a point there, but I think that the entire argument is moot point
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Dude seriously, the MBTI is a test where people self report their preferences in terms of attitudes and types of behavior they prefer to engage in. Would you stop assuming that you are the smartest person aboard spaceship ego.
    Watch the video lol. Its not a test that determines your type, its an indicator, you thinking its a test that tells you yoir type is the reason why you cant see what im saying.. Also those false type scores are explained in the video, add the change in persona from 20s to 50s and alot is explained. This isnt some ego thing, at least at my end.. Im trying to offer you understanding, but you being corrected seems to hurt your ego
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I personally think that S and N are a false dichotomy, which I explained in a post above which nobody really bothered with because it didn't have to do with the damned argument (which is pretty much what the thread has boiled down to by this point)... any complete person can be rather adept at using a variety of functions with a natural ease
    Well, obviously.

But Ss do tend to prefer a Sensing function first.

And Ns tend to prefer an iNtuitive function first.

And with this preference differential, regardless of what people say, there will tend to be some sort of skill differential.

Anyway, I'm not really even interested in this topic; I just thought what occurred up there was hilarious.

A window to the soul

I forgot to mention, I agree with your suggestion (below) that people can effectively use both.

everyone always goes and finds the most controversial posts in a thread and then argue back and forth... polite discussion isn't everyone's cup of tea I guess

however, on the whole S and N thing, it's more of a false dichotomy in the way of letting some people in either "group" feel superior to those in the other even though everything is more like a dual sliding scale where it's quite possible to effectively use both at the same time People will ALWAYS have to argue about one being smarter on this forum just to feel better about themselves or something and they'll always find a way to drag it into other discussions... there should be a name for a law applied to that something like Godwin's law
    There's already a name for it. It's called Napoleon Complex. (:

Exhibit A:
    I do not understand. Statistics are NOT about any individual. They are about, statistics: problem solving tools that are as far removed from positive or negative ad hominem as any information about people can possibly be.
    I stated correlations to answer the OP. I do think that religious people are mentally insane but that is irrelevant to the data I mentioned.
    Just curious, how tall are you?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It's funny watching two Ns try to teach an S how to properly interpret data.

And how fitting that he can't figure out that the data shows that Ss are less intelligent than Ns.

Oh universe: you and your irony.
    See what I mean people like this nub over here will automatically assume with the data given that "N's" are moron intelligent than "S's".

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

@Zarathustra... but it's quite possible to be a switch hitter as well... going with the good old fashioned american tradition of making baseball analogies

@ Nerd Girl
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Zarathustra... but it's quite possible to be a switch hitter as well... going with the good old fashioned american tradition of making baseball analogies
    Well yeah, as I said before: obviously.

I disagree with what you said in that post that Nerd Girl quoted, though.

Not that some people won't use it to make themselves feel better.

But it's also just a fact: intelligence is correlated with N.

Talking about that fact need not entail that one is doing it to make oneself feel superior.

And to make a claim like that does a disservice to being able to factually and openly talk about the truth.

But, honestly, as I said before, I don't even find this topic interesting, and I haven't even read the OP.

I just thought that back and forth before was absolutely hilariously ironic.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Watch the video lol. Its not a test that determines your type, its an indicator, you thinking its a test that tells you yoir type is the reason why you cant see what im saying.. Also those false type scores are explained in the video, add the change in persona from 20s to 50s and alot is explained. This isnt some ego thing, at least at my end.. Im trying to offer you understanding, but you being corrected seems to hurt your ego
    I actually corrected that post a minute after posted it or so (and before your answer). We operate on very different assumptions. Though the fact that the guru looking guy says N is a fact about that person rather than a score result is just his point of view. What can be observed are score results, any other statement is very highly subjective. Therefore while my statement that 'test scores are test scores' can be easily demonstrated yours have no backing and you haven't proposed any way to verify that ascertion. That video doesn't 'explain' anything, I could make my own video stating that pinguins are fruits, even if I personally believed this is so I couldn't in good conscience state it as a fact without having data to back it up.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Permabanned

It's funny how this applies to everything you've said so far.
    It's funny how you defend your pointless graph like a precious child get over it.

That's a completely empty statement. Expanding that logic would mean that any measurements would be normalized with everything else and have the same value? What justifies this ?
    Iq tests are known to cater towards those who are more academically inclined which is not a true measure of intelligence.

That's your angry opinion and it has nothing to do with the data and the correlation I've made. You are irrational.

etc.
    That wasn't my opinion that was me mocking you.