User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    It does say alot about your subjectivity. That by itself would make it interesting.
    No its shows that there are too many variables to consider within the study to determine anything actually pertaining to reality.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No its says that there are too many variables to consider within the graph to determine anything actually pertaining to reality.
    So... if I presented the same data without its surrounding then it would be relevant ? Applied to every day experience you're telling me that nothing pertains to reality as soon as you take it out of an idealized experimental box containing the bear minimum information?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    G-O-O-G-L-E
    Too funny. Speaking of IQ's off the charts. What a novel suggestion. Where were you a couple of hours ago?

Hereyago...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1782239

Permabanned

It does say alot about your subjectivity. It directly addresses a point the OP raised. You on the other hand stated the usual feel good politically correct statement of 'x doesnt mean anyything if it doesn't say we are all exactly the same'.
    Oh wow a group of people who consider to themselves "N" but are in low population count have a higher Iq than a higher population group "S". It must mean N have higher Iq or maybe people are really "S" and just say they are "N". Maybe older people magically change from "s" to "N" when they reach 50. Too many variables the graph is a joke.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Well possibly. But that is made unlikely by the well documented double correlation I mentioned. Are you sure they mean MBTI N (very different from 'intuition' aka 'i can't prove it but i just feel it' generally observed in cases of religious delusion)

I know about the flynn effect, thank you.
    Yea they were about MBTI. What studies did you found the negative correlations from?

If you already knew that because of flynn effect they need to raise iq about 3 points every 10 years to get the average(by making the test harder) to stay in 100, which means that older people have lower iq in average by nature, but also iq lowers by age. Which also means that when there are many old people in the S category(propably due to test fails), they would naturally put more S types in the retard or mid categories, who might actually be from either mid N types or retard N types..

You do know that openness to experience(in big5) lowers by age and is correlated to N. But its not the N that goes down, its simply that N types answer to those tests to more S type as they age.

Did i really have to explain this if you already knew about flynn effect?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Oh wow a group of people who consider to themselves "N" but are in low population count have a higher Iq than a higher population group "S". It must mean N have higher Iq or maybe people are really "S" and just say they are "N". Maybe older people magically change from "s" to "N" when they reach 50. Too many variables the graph is a joke.
    You're having repeated knee jerk reactions that are basically void of any data, it's a bit hard to answer your statements because you're turning stats into some kind of ad hominem scenario. You do realize that statistics don't attack you personally right?

If there is less N than S it's only natural that their population in the studied population will be smaller. It's just as self evident that on a base 100 test people scoring above 110 would be found with less frequency than people scoring above 100. And you mentioned the flynn effect yourself damn it, (sorry, that was @INTP) if N is correlated with IQ it's only natural that a rise in average IQ would lead to a raise in Ns. That's just the data, not some wild interpretation.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

A window to the soul

Lots of 'feel good' going on here.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    everyone always goes and finds the most controversial posts in a thread and then argue back and forth... polite discussion isn't everyone's cup of tea I guess

however, on the whole S and N thing, it's more of a false dichotomy in the way of letting some people in either "group" feel superior to those in the other even though everything is more like a dual sliding scale where it's quite possible to effectively use both at the same time People will ALWAYS have to argue about one being smarter on this forum just to feel better about themselves or something and they'll always find a way to drag it into other discussions... there should be a name for a law applied to that something like Godwin's law
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I do not understand. Statistics are NOT about any individual. They are about, statistics: problem solving tools that are as far removed from positive or negative ad hominem as any information about people can possibly be.
    I stated correlations to answer the OP. I do think that religious people are mentally insane but that is irrelevant to the data I mentioned.

... In theory.

Permabanned

You're having repeated knee jerk reactions that are basically void of any data, it's a bit hard to answer your statements because you're turning stats into some kind of ad hominem scenario. You do realize that statistics don't attack you personally right?
    These states hardly even prove anything concrete let alone hold any sort of relevance to reality you must be joking.