User Tag List

First 8910

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I actually corrected that post a minute after posted it or so (and before your answer). We operate on very different assumptions. Though the fact that the guru looking guy says N is a fact about that person rather than a score result is just his point of view. What can be observed are score results, any other statement is very highly subjective. Therefore while my statement that 'test scores are test scores' can be easily demonstrated yours have no backing and you haven't proposed any way to verify that ascertion. That video doesn't 'explain' anything, I could make my own video stating that pinguins are fruits, even if I personally believed this is so I couldn't in good conscience state it as a fact without having data to back it up.
    Its not just that guy saying those things, its a common knowledge about basics of MBTI.

Here the same info is explained in official MBTI site:
    http://www.myersbriggs.org/my%2Dmbti...bti%2Dresults/
    http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...-to-choose.asp
    http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...t-fit-type.asp

These things are explained all over the proper MBTI sites, books and research papers. Before they always had a professional to help you choose your best fit type after taking the type indicator, bit nowadays its usually forgotten. This is also explained in the official MBTI manual.

Do i need to dig more sources for this or can you accept it coming from the official source?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Its not just that guy saying those things, its a common knowledge about basics of MBTI.

Here the same info is explained in official MBTI site:
    http://www.myersbriggs.org/my%2Dmbti...bti%2Dresults/
    http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...-to-choose.asp
    http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...t-fit-type.asp

These things are explained all over the proper MBTI sites, books and research papers. Before they always had a professional to help you choose your best fit type after taking the type indicator, bit nowadays its usually forgotten. This is also explained in the official MBTI manual.

Do i need to dig more sources for this or can you accept it coming from the official source?
    If the official sources dont base their judgement on any kind of quantifiable or verifiable measurement its just their opinion. a 1000 baseless claims dont make a right.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

I guess the belief in God and spirituality could be connected to an intuitive mindset, but for the majority of people, that are religious for tradition and not for a belief (this is my personal opinion, you can attack me if you want, but i think i'm right) then religion would be associated with SJ, rather than N(F).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    If the official sources dont base their judgement on any kind of quantifiable or verifiable measurement its just their opinion. a 1000 baseless claims dont make a right.
    I know it can be painful for the ego to rearrange basic building blocks of some large concept(especially after creating some tension by arguing strongly against the info that forces the basics to be modified), but what you are doing there is just ridiculous.

You are basically saying that you know better than the people who created the system because you based your knowledge about the system on alternative view(misunderstanding) of the system and it doesent seem to create conflict with reality in your mind(if you ignore some things).

Its funny that your view on the subject can be debunked by very simple facts that you failed to include in it. I have scored INTJ ISTJ and INTP on type indicators over time, but yet i have been the same personality type all the time.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read