• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are atheists as important as they think they are

Mole

Permabanned
Actually, I've thought this for a long time. The gods people don't believe are all different, so not all disbelief is the same.

Sure, we are all disbelievers in that most of us disbelieve in any God but our own, and on the other hand we are all believers in that we become what we worship, and most of us worship something, and so are in the process of becoming.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Atheism is NOT more important than theism to the betterment of the human race. Both atheists and theists are capable of doing great things.

However, science and rational thinking clearly ARE more important to the betterment of the human race than religion. Don't get me wrong. You can have religion, too, but there is a clear winner there in terms of human advancement.

And I think this is where some atheists get perceived as "arrogant." It's not always that they're arguing for atheism so much as their arguing against anti-scientific views and irrationality, like believing the earth is only 6,000 years old or that evolution isn't real. Intelligent Christians should be arguing against that kind of bullshit, too.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
According to the President (President Trump); The Johnson Amendment has just been repealed; I don't know how important Atheists feel, but the faithful's right to get political and retain their non profitable organisation tax exemption in America was restored.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
According to the President (President Trump); The Johnson Amendment has just been repealed; I don't know how important Atheists feel, but the faithful's right to get political and retain their non profitable organisation tax exemption in America was restored.

No. It has not been repealed. I believed the exact words that Trump used is he wants to "destroy" it so the poor religious folk aren't marginalized and kept down like they currently are. At least he would like you to think that. This is about money. I never agreed that they should be tax exempt so, take that away and we're all on a level field.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. It has not been repealed. I believed the exact words that Trump used is he wants to "destroy" it so the poor religious folk aren't marginalized and kept down like they currently are. At least he would like you to think that. This is about money. I never agreed that they should be tax exempt so, take that away and we're all on a level field.

Or so charity organizations can influence elections. A quick and easy way to send tax exempt money into government unless I understand it wrong. It was actually never designed to block the church.