User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Roughly so, I'd estimate a little over 6,000 years, with the exception of the passage about king David which was 35 of 77 generations between Adam and Jesus, placing that passage at, guessing, 2000 b.c.? Which doesn't account for the change in generation length due to shorter lifespans I know but it's a guess.

Either way, the patterns observed are still readily observable today, even though the times have changed. Idolatry is about the same as it was, it seems, the only thing that has changed is the growth of the Atheist delusion.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by EvidenceOfRedemption View Post
    Roughly so, I'd estimate a little over 6,000 years, with the exception of the passage about king David which was 35 of 77 generations between Adam and Jesus, placing that passage at, guessing, 2000 b.c.? Which doesn't account for the change in generation length due to shorter lifespans I know but it's a guess.

Either way, the patterns observed are still readily observable today, even though the times have changed. Idolatry is about the same as it was, it seems, the only thing that has changed is the growth of the Atheist delusion.
    So dinosaur bones and early humans(like neanderthals) are just created to test our faith in god?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Agreed.

OP, I interpreted your post as more metaphysical than naturalistic. So in that vein I'd agree with @Aquarelle.
    You're on the right track, existentialist rather than metaphysical I would have said though.

Is suicide known to exist in the animal kingdom besides humans?

The naturalistic turn is interesting though, the needs of animals are easily sated, therefore never threaten them with total resource extinction, human needs just develop, change and escalate.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I interpreted the statement to mean that mankind has an awareness of their own existence and thus can question the point of their existence and can experience existential anxiety (why do I exist? Does my existence really matter in the whole scheme of things?). Tied into this, I think is being aware of your own mortality and thus the termination of your existence.
    Exactly.

This is what I believe the genesis tale is really about and IS a metaphor for.

The true wisdom has been missed by people debating the facts of the matter.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by EvidenceOfRedemption View Post

So dinosaur bones and early humans(like neanderthals) are just created to test our faith in god?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Would not wanted offspring up until the day you die be considered evolutionary suicide? I've always wondered that.

I literally have no desire whatsoever to have children. The main reason human’s question their existence is because the rules of competition have changed in that Darwin’s Fittest and Strongest theory goes out the window. It's no long smartest, strongest, and fittest. My theory is the ones that can survive are the ones who can attract the most. The more "influence" you have over others the more likely you are to survive and survive comfortably, only problem with this scenario is one cannot live in excess without taking comfort from others.

When an animal takes away another animal’s food or shelter away a fight is inevitable. When a human takes another human's food and/or shelter a physical fight depends on the situation.

Bottom line everytime people say human's are animals its partially true. When push comes to shove people are animals, when in peace were as human as we all can be.
    Innovation is the epicenter between Imagination and Logic.
    -Stephen M Cordova

You and your friend can draw together > http://draw.newphidias.com/ <

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    -Thomas Jefferson, 1796

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Do you agree with this statement? What do you think it means?
    I disagree completely

EVERY species population is threatened by the components of that population

Every fucking dog is a direct competitor to every other fucking dog

Every single seagull is preying on the resources that another seagull might need

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^ That's basically how I see it. Humans have the ability to express lamentation, but that doesn't mean the other animals are feeling great about life. I want to meet whoever the first dog was to write a "Take This Job & Shove It" song.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I disagree completely

EVERY species population is threatened by the components of that population

Every fucking dog is a direct competitor to every other fucking dog

Every single seagull is preying on the resources that another seagull might need
    You didnt understand the point posed in the OP.

Are dogs conscious or merely instinctive? Transcending instinct and thinking instead has provided unique benefits but it has caused existential angst, dogs dont question the meaning of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Are you disputing this?