• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Man created god in his own image

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never gave the thought that he was a troll. :thinking:

Makes sense though. The scripture quotes look like he takes them seriously at first, but it's so random that he might as well just googled them up.

Huh, he could be.. I remember originally thinking he was a troll early in his career. Then I gradually thought of him as an evangelist. Now I have to figure out what the difference would be.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no problem entertaining a good argument for Christianity. Heck, I can present a pretty decent one myself. But this has long ceased to be a serious attempt to persuade or discuss, if it ever was one at all. Spewing out Bible verses is easy. Maybe that's the point: God is supposed to do it all, just through those sacred words on the page; the believer presenting them doesn't really have to do anything, and can just sit back and be lazy and uninvolved.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
The point of all this is that man did not create God in his own image, but God created man in his own image.

God is the sovereign ruler over all creation. And as such, it is wicked to place ourselves above or even equal to God. The creatures must worship their Creator.

According to Revelation 4, the angels and the saints in heaven proclaim:
“Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!”

and

“You are worthy, O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power;
For You created all things,
And by Your will they exist and were created.”

Why do you deny God the worship and honor he deserves?
And why do you not come to him for the forgiveness of sins?

Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They shall be as wool."

Come to the Father through the Son, Jesus Christ.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Believe in him and be saved. There is NO CONDEMNATION for those who are found in Christ!

Listen to the words of Jesus Christ:

John 5:24-26
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live."

Do you hear what he is saying to you now?
If so, then believe in Him and be saved.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Maybe that's the point: God is supposed to do it all, just through those sacred words on the page; the believer presenting them doesn't really have to do anything, and can just sit back and be lazy and uninvolved.

The bolded part is 100% true.

The rest is just a denial of the facts. Posting all this is a lot of work.

But I wouldn't even bother if I didn't think it was worth it.

I love to proclaim the Word of God. You would too if you knew what it was worth.

I pray that one day you will.

KDude

The point of all this is that man did not create God in his own image, but God created man in his own image.

Why not just make that point? Seems simple enough. I think more than half of the people in this thread hold the same stance. None of them need to derail a thread to do it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The bolded part is 100% true.

The rest is just a denial of the facts. Posting all this is a lot of work.

But I wouldn't even bother if I didn't think it was worth it.
Well, if it's so much work, don't bother. I have a Bible at home, and it's all online now anyway. Unless, of course, you are trying to demotivate people to actually read it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
THE SUPERCIVILIZATION OF GOD (S.G.)

If we examine a statistical yearbook of "world states" type, we find that each state is described by certain parameters and standard informations relating to: state location, area, capital, natural conditions of relief, climate, vegetation, fauna, head of state, population structure, cults, political parties, economy, agriculture, industry, trade, level of technical development, education, health, media, relations with other states. Do you think that you may find all these things about S.G.? Honestly, at a brief reading of the Bible, I never thought this is possible. Now, the Book of Books have gave me an almost full imagine of SG, worth to be introduced in the "World states", as a valuable filler, slightly different from what we know about other states.

Israel II

1. Location: A "corner" of the Milky Way Galaxy, which we know that it has about two hundred billion stars. Where? Somewhere close to us. Our stars of heaven seem to be grouped. People associate their position with the shapes of animals, objects, etc. and these constellations were baptized. Are they made it or the names and astrology was a gift from the gods like other gifts? I believe in the second assumption.

Types of extraterrestrial civilizations after the technological level of evolution (classification made by some of the greatest astrophysicists of the last century starting with Carl Sagan).

The late Carl Sagan once asked this question, "What does it mean for a civilization to be a million years old? We have had radio telescopes and spaceships for a few decades; our technical civilization is a few hundred years old... an advanced civilization millions of years old is as much beyond us as we are beyond a bush baby or a macaque."
Although any conjecture about such advanced civilizations is almost a certainty today analizing the UFO phenomenon or the ancient sacred manuscripts, one can still use the laws of physics to place upper and lower limits on these civilizations. In particular, now that the laws of quantum field theory, general relativity, thermodynamics, etc. are fairly well-established, physics can impose broad physical bounds which constrain the parameters of these civilizations. Although it is impossible to predict the precise features of such advanced civilizations, their broad outlines can be analyzed using the laws of physics. No matter how many millions of years separate us from them, they still must obey the iron laws of physics, which are now advanced enough to explain everything from sub-atomic particles to the large-scale structure of the universe, through a staggering 43 orders of magnitude.

Physics of Type I, II, and III Civilizations
Specifically, we can rank civilizations by their energy consumption, using the following principles:

1) The laws of thermodynamics. Even an advanced civilization is bound by the laws of thermodynamics, especially the Second Law, and can hence be ranked by the energy at their disposal.

2) The laws of stable matter. Baryonic matter (e.g. based on protons and neutrons) tends to clump into three large groupings: planets, stars and galaxies. (This is a well-defined by product of stellar and galactic evolution, thermonuclear fusion, etc.) Thus, their energy will also be based on three distinct types, and this places upper limits on their rate of energy consumption.

3) The laws of planetary evolution. Any advanced civilization must grow in energy consumption faster than the frequency of life-threatening catastrophes (e.g. meteor impacts, ice ages, supernovas, etc.). If they grow any slower, they are doomed to extinction. This places mathematical lower limits on the rate of growth of these civilizations.

In a seminal paper published in 1964 in the Journal of Soviet Astronomy, Russian astrophysicist Nicolai Kardashev theorized that advanced civilizations must therefore be grouped according to three types: Type I, II, and III, which have mastered planetary, stellar and galactic forms of energy, respectively. He calculated that the energy consumption of these three types of civilization would be separated by a factor of many billions. But how long will it take for a civilization take to reach Type II and III status?
Shorter than most realize.
Berkeley astronomer Don Goldsmith reminds us that the earth receives about one billionth of the suns energy, and that humans utilize about one millionth of that. So we consume about one million billionth of the suns total energy. At present, our entire planetary energy production is about 10 billion billion ergs per second.
For example, a Type I civilization is a truly planetary one, which has mastered most forms of planetary energy. Their energy output may be on the order of thousands to millions of times our current planetary output. Mark Twain once said, "Everyone complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it." This may change with a Type I civilization, which has enough energy to modify the weather. They also have enough energy to alter the course of earthquakes, volcanoes, and build cities on their oceans.
Currently, our energy output qualifies humanity for Type 0 status.
By definition, an advanced civilization must grow faster than the frequency of life-threatening catastrophes. Since large meteor and comet impacts take place once every few thousand years, a Type I civilization must master space travel to deflect space debris within that time frame, which should not be much of a problem. Ice ages may take place on a time scale of tens of thousands of years, so a Type I civilization must learn to modify the weather within that time frame.
Artificial and internal catastrophes must also be negotiated. But the problem of global pollution is only a mortal threat for a Type 0 civilization; a Type I civilization has lived for several millennia as a planetary civilization, necessarily achieving ecological planetary balance. Internal problems like wars do pose a serious recurring threat.
Eventually, after several thousand years, a Type I civilization will exhaust the power of a planet, and will derive their energy by consuming the entire output of their suns energy, or roughly a billion trillion trillion ergs per second.
With their energy output comparable to that of a small star, they should be visible from space. Dyson has proposed that a Type II civilization may even build a gigantic sphere around their star to more efficiently utilize its total energy output. Even if they try to conceal their existence, they must, by the Second Law of Thermodynamics, emit waste heat. From outer space, their planet may glow like a Christmas tree ornament. Dyson has even proposed looking specifically for infrared emissions (rather than radio and TV) to identify these Type II civilizations.
Perhaps the only serious threat to a Type II civilization would be a nearby supernova explosion, whose sudden eruption could scorch their planet in a withering blast of X-rays, killing all life forms. Thus, perhaps the most interesting civilization is a Type III civilization, for it is truly immortal. They have exhausted the power of a single star, and have reached for other star systems. No natural catastrophe known to science is capable of destroying a Type III civilization.
Faced with a neighboring supernova, it would have several alternatives, such as altering and manipulating the evolution of dying red giant star which is about to explode. These civilizations do not inhabit planets anymore, but in giant space stations having the size of a planet having in this way total independence at galactic level. They can even manipulate large structures like solar systems and constellations.
However, there are roadblocks to an emerging Type III civilization. Eventually, it bumps up against another iron law of physics, the theory of relativity. Dyson estimates that this may delay the transition to a Type III civilization by perhaps millions of years.
But even with the light barrier, there are a number of ways of expanding at near-light velocities. For example, the ultimate measure of a rockets capability is measured by something called "specific impulse" (defined as the product of the thrust and the duration, measured in units of seconds). Chemical rockets can attain specific impulses of several hundred to several thousand seconds. Ion engines can attain specific impulses of tens of thousands of seconds. But to attain near-light speed velocity, one has to achieve specific impulse of about 30 million seconds, which is far beyond our current capability, but not that of a Type III civilization. A variety of propulsion systems would be available for light speed probes.
Lastly, there is also the possibility that a Type II or Type III civilization might be able to reach the fabled Planck energy with their machines (10^19 billion electron volts). This energy is a quadrillion times larger than our most powerful atom smasher. This energy, as fantastic as it may seem, is (by definition) within the range of a Type II or III civilization.
The Planck energy only occurs at the center of black holes and the instant of the Big Bang. But with recent advances in quantum gravity and superstring theory, there is renewed interest among physicists about energies so vast that quantum effects rip apart the fabric of space and time. Although it is not certain that quantum physics allows for stable wormholes, this raises the remote possibility that a sufficiently advanced civilizations may be able to move via holes in space, like Alice's Looking Glass. And if these civilizations can successfully navigate through stable wormholes, then attaining a specific impulse of a million seconds is no longer a problem. They merely take a short-cut through the galaxy. This would greatly cut down the transition between a Type II and Type III civilization.
Second, the ability to tear holes in space and time may come in handy one day. Astronomers, analyzing light from distant supernovas, have concluded recently that the universe may be accelerating, rather than slowing down. If this is true, there may be an anti-gravity force (perhaps Einstein's cosmological constant) which is counteracting the gravitational attraction of distant galaxies. But this also means that the universe might expand forever in a Big Chill, until temperatures approach near-absolute zero. Several papers have recently laid out what such a dismal universe may look like. It will be a pitiful sight: any civilization which survives will be desperately huddled next to the dying embers of fading neutron stars and black holes. All intelligent life must die when the universe dies.
Astronomer John Barrows of the University of Sussex writes, "Suppose that we extend the classification upwards. The members of the civilizations of Type IV, V, VI, ... and so on, would be able to manipulate the structures in the universe on larger and larger scales, encompassing groups of galaxies, clusters, and superclusters of galaxies." Civilizations beyond Type III may have enough energy to escape our dying universe via holes in space.
Lastly, physicist Alan Guth of MIT, one of the originators of the inflationary universe theory, has even computed the energy necessary to create a baby universe in the laboratory (the temperature is 1,000 trillion degrees, which is within the range of these civilizations).

Level I - alien civilizations using the energy of their own planet for their own needs
Level II -- they use the whole energy of the entire solar system, the energy of a star (they are immortal, practicing with success genetic therapies)
Level III - civilizations that use the energy of the whole galaxy (they can create and manage solar systems and constellations)
Level IV -- the energy of the dark energy of the Universe (the negative matter).
Level V, VI, VII - the universal energy (civilizations that can even create universes existing at a completely other level of evolution into the Omniverse system).

After the informations received from the ancient manuscripts SG is somewhere at the level III or IV of technological development. As a comparison as I said our current civilization is type 0. Essentially such a supercivilization type III or IV is at a level of evolution unimaginable for us the human beings, having hundreds of millions of years in evolution and conscioussness. Let's listen the angels and what they have to say in this area:

"Search The One who created Orion and the Pleiades... the Lord is His name!" (Amos 5-8)
"He built Ursa Major, Ralita, Pleiades and the rooms of the stars from the south hemispheres." (Job 9-9)
"31. Can you connect the buckles of Pleiades or the chains of Orion?
32. Can you remove the crown of the Zodiac and can you be the helmsman of the Ursa Major and its stars?" (Job - 38)
"... He is the Lord of Sirius." (LIII Sura of the Stars - 50)

In their turn, the essenes, authors of the Dead Sea Scrolls, measured the times during the periods of 50 years, called Jubilee. A Jubilee year is repeated once at 50 years, during the time which Sirius B performs a complete rotation around Sirius A. Babylonians, Assyrians, Phoenicians and Greeks, they also worshiped Sirius star, which is at 8.5 light-years from Earth. If we look at the map of the sky, we see that all the stars located relatively close to us, seen with the naked eye, are described as belonging to the gods, or SG: Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Ralita, Pleiades, Cassiopeia, Orion, Sirius and possibly other constellations with the names as old, baptized by the gods. It seems that the distant origin of SG is Sirius, but now in the present, if one can speak about a certain present, SG is not representative for Sirius or neither other neighboring star. Although S.G. has a vast galactic territory, which may be sized more like a sphere over a couple of hundreds of light years, the location of the "nucleus" of this civilization is impossible for us to know, because it has a variable position. It is not about an inhabited planet, but about a giant space station that travels into space and other dimensions of this Universe with impressive speed control. Although the galactic territory of S.G. has many other stations, some of them even the size of the "core", equipped with energetic resources that allow astral travels, SG has its headquarters in one gigantic super-technical station. S.G "territory" interfere in some areas with other civilizations. S.G. likes to hide the limits within the controlled galactic territory, I think, very large. Therefore, S.G. defines itself as the inhabitant of the central station.

G

garbage

Bologna already admitted he's not a Christian.

Quoted for truth:
I am not a Christian. That has nothing to do with the fact that you don't know how to properly convey a message. Perhaps people would listen to you if you did.

The only reason that this is a lot of work for you is that you're going about it in absolutely the wrong way.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
I am not a Christian. That has nothing to do with the fact that you don't know how to properly convey a message. Perhaps people would listen to you if you did.

The only reason that this is a lot of work for you is that you're going about it in absolutely the wrong way.

This isn't about me.

You reject the Word of God himself, in the Holy Scriptures. Does that mean that God is going about it the wrong way?

Are you wiser than God?

KDude

This isn't about me.

You reject the Word of God himself. Does that mean that God is going about it the wrong way?

Are you wiser than God?

Yet, bologna was one of the posters who said he basically sided with your general stance (I stand corrected on his beliefs about Christianity however. But I remember him saying "I'm basically with you").

This is the kind of derail I want to call attention to. The thread is about "Man creating God in his own image vs God created man in his image". That's all it is about. And apparently, bologna respects the religious viewpoint, and tried to reach out to you. I do as well. You yourself said above that was your "point" for being here, just a few minutes ago. Yet you insist on that not being the real point, and keep trying to turn the thread into a platform for a specific form of proselytizing.

G

garbage

This isn't about me.

You reject the Word of God himself, in the Holy Scriptures. Does that mean that God is going about it the wrong way?

Are you wiser than God?

You have made this about me since your very first post in this thread. So, yeah, if this is about one of us, this is about me. Specifically, it's about my relationship with God.

You alone do not have the power to convince me that your interpretation of God is the correct one. The thing is that I'm telling you exactly why your message is unconvincing to me. If you want to reach me, you have to listen to me. Again, that is exactly what my fellow missionaries teach about communicating with their intended audiences.

Moreover, how wise do you think that you are that you assume that you have a complete and full understanding of God's nature--that your interpretation and actions are 1:1 with his will?

God 'demonstrates his existence' in a multitude of ways; he doesn't need a slew of man's imperfect translations of man's imperfect revelations of his nature to do it. God is going about convincing us in exactly the right ways, but humankind is only now truly beginning to understand.

And by 'God' I mean 'all of that ineffable stuff that we really can't define but that we all kind of, sort of know what we're talking about.'

I'm wasting my time, but it's still kind of fun, so, :popc1:

Yet, bologna was one of the posters who said he basically sided with your general stance (I stand corrected on his beliefs about Christianity however. But I remember him saying "I'm basically with you").
Yeah, you remember right, for sure. It may have been ever so slightly misleading (whoops), but what I meant was that I wanted to help enable him to communicate his message even though I disagreed with it. My default is to connect with people and help them grow by relaying my own thoughts and experiences, no matter how far apart we are. It's how I operate. I can't help it!

:shrug:

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
You have made this about me since your very first post in this thread. So, yeah, if this is about one of us, this is about me. Specifically, it's about my relationship with God.

You alone do not have the power to convince me that your interpretation of God is the correct one. The thing is that I'm telling you exactly why your message is unconvincing to me. If you want to reach me, you have to listen to me. Again, that is exactly what my fellow missionaries teach about communicating with their intended audiences.

Moreover, how wise do you think that you are that you assume that you have a complete and full understanding of God's nature--that your interpretation and actions are 1:1 with his will?

God 'demonstrates his existence' in a multitude of ways; he doesn't need a slew of man's imperfect translations of man's imperfect revelations of his nature to do it. God is going about convincing us in exactly the right ways, but humankind is only now truly beginning to understand.

And by 'God' I mean 'all of that ineffable stuff that we really can't define but that we all kind of, sort of know what we're talking about.'

I'm wasting my time, but it's still kind of fun, so, :popc1:

Yeah, you remember right, for sure. It may have been ever so slightly misleading (whoops), but what I meant was that I wanted to help enable him to communicate his message even though I disagreed with it. My default is to connect with people and help them grow by relaying my own thoughts and experiences, no matter how far apart we are. It's how I operate. I can't help it!

:shrug:

If you want the approval of the people in this thread, then go ahead and seek their approval.
But if you want the approval of God, then believe in his Son, Jesus Christ.

I'm not interested in opinions, speculations, or interpretations. And I'm not giving opinions, speculations or interpretations.

I've done little more than quote the Scriptures in this thread.

If you agree with the Holy Scriptures, every word of it, the Old and New Testaments, then we are in agreement. If you do not agree with the Scriptures then we are not in agreement.

Do you agree with the Scriptures or not?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe. When it comes to certain issues the line between serious fanatics and satire becomes blurry.
Landover Baptist Church for the win!

Do not mock Landover, or God will smite thee!

[MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION]: ...Yeah, that worked well.

I learned to my own chagrin some years back that reason only works on reasonable people.

KDude

I learned to my own chagrin some years back that reason only works on reasonable people.

I don't know if he's unreasonable. He seems to be going through that phase where he read the book of John too much, and mistook Jesus' attitude as a model for his own. A lot of Christians like to think they can get away with it.

Then they read another gospel and play act that version of Jesus for awhile.

Then they read Paul and engage in the same kind of polemical tone.

Etc..

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if he's unreasonable. He seems to be going through that phase where he read the book of John too much, and mistook Jesus' attitude as a model for his own. A lot of Christians like to think they can get away with it.

Then they read another gospel and play act that version of Jesus for awhile.

Then they read Paul and engage in the same kind of polemical tone.

Etc..

Well, if it's just part of just trying some spiritual clothes to see what fits, and the search doesn't stop prematurely, then it's not a bad thing. We all have to explore.

Unfortunately, with US religious matters, the tendency is to have yourself crammed into a suit that doesn't fit and then expect everyone else to dress the same. I see a lot of people get lodged in the viewpoint being expressed in places in this thread.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
And prudent in their own sight!
(Isaiah 5:20-22)

BUT...

To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
(Revelation 1:5-6)

Genesis 1:27

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food”; and it was so. God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

hmm, according to this, this god dude is pretty weird fellow, not only is he an shemale, whore, rapist, murderer, satanist, nympho, but also a business man and a secretary, he is black, asian, white, yellow and red etc. but whats more fascinating is that he told people to eat poisonous plants(underlined) after creating them and as he created people in his own image, he is clearly an masochist

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is no such thing as an atheist. People who claim to be such only suppress their knowledge that God exists, so they can spend their life indulging in sin.

As it is written:

Romans 1:18-25
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

i am an atheist, but i believe in god, its just that i dont define god like you, for me god is simply people themselves and unfortunately because of all these heathens are promoting false gods(like you are), people often dont get to experience the real god, which is a real shame for several reasons