• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Man created god in his own image

KDude

Yes, absolutely.

If I speak with my own authority it means nothing.

But if I publish the words of God himself, then whoever rejects it condemns himself before God.

So you give them only one chance then? Is this the "moment of truth"? Like the Eminem song "You only have one shot!" And Spurgeon is here to be the mouthpiece.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems fruitless and naive to me to try to convince people for whom the Bible is just another, albeit influencial, book of its sactity or Christian dogma by (selfreferencial !!!) Bible quotes alone.

url

I know the blue unicorn exists because the blue unicorn told me so and it says right here in the Tokyo phonebook that the Tokyo phonebook is the ultimate authority.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
So you give them only one chance then? Is this the "moment of truth"? Like the Eminem song "You only have one shot!" And Spurgeon is here to be the mouthpiece.

If I do not speak the truth, then I am cursed.

If I speak the truth and you reject it, then you are cursed.

But if I speak the truth and you receive it, then you are blessed, and you are my brother in Christ.

Here it is again:

John 5:24
Jesus said:
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

Will you believe, or will you come into divine judgement?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We don't even try to stay on topic in these types of threads, do we?

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
It seems fruitless and naive to me to try to convince people for whom the Bible is just another, albeit influencial, book of its sactity or Christian dogma by (selfreferencial !!!) Bible quotes alone.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That must be a horrible god who condemns and tortures people left and right for something they can not influence.

KDude

Will you believe, or will you come into divine judgement?

:thinking: Who are you talking to now? I haven't said anything about myself, so why ask that question?

Not that I care to give you my position. I wonder why would anyone care to. You preach more for your own sake than anyone else's. Even Bologna above, who sounded like he's a sincere believer, gotten written off by you. You kept preaching over his head, oblivious at his extended hand. You talk of "brothers", but you seek to overpower them. If I was to relate the Bible to you myself, I would compare you to a Sower who threw seed at random, and condemned all that which didn't sprout immediately. You think you speak the truth, but you don't know how to make it live.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
That must be a horrible god who condemns and tortures people left and right for something they can not influence.

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
And prudent in their own sight!
(Isaiah 5:20-22)

BUT...

To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
(Revelation 1:5-6)

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
You think you speak the truth, but you don't know how to make it live.

I can and do speak the truth, and it does live. But only God the Holy Spirit can make it live in you.

As it is written:

John 3:1-8
There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”

Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an atheist, I have a much higher opinion of Christianity than I have of certain Christians and their methods. There's always the odd bad apple or subgroup that gives the whole idea a bad name.

KDude

I can and do speak the truth, and it does live. But only God the Holy Spirit can make it live in you.

If you were in touch with "Truth", then you'd have some self respect and maybe tell Bologna, for example, that you jumped the gun. Instead, you go about your merry way, fantasizing that you're John the Baptist, living in a wasteland of sin, the last man standing for "truth". You're more like the Christian equivalent of those marines who lose their orientation during battle and shoot their own squad. You have no idea what's going on.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
As an atheist, I have a much higher opinion of Christianity than I have of certain Christians and their methods. There's always the odd bad apple or subgroup that gives the whole idea a bad name.

There is no such thing as an atheist. People who claim to be such only suppress their knowledge that God exists, so they can spend their life indulging in sin.

As it is written:

Romans 1:18-25
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
If you were in touch with "Truth", then you'd have some self respect and maybe tell Bologna, for example, that you jumped the gun. Instead, you go about your merry way, fantasizing that you're John the Baptist, living in a wasteland of sin, the last man standing for "truth". You're more like the Christian equivalent of those marines who lose their orientation during battle and shoot their own squad. You have no idea what's going on.

Bologna already admitted he's not a Christian.

Quoted for truth:

What would have happened in this conversation if I had simply mentioned upfront that I wasn't exactly a Christian? Whammo, immediate doorslam. At least I had a slim chance of bridging the gap, to get my points across--but I still failed on that one.

I may as well just flat out state the following: that I've been on Christian mission trips primarily because I believed in their practical causes (e.g. helping out the children, building houses, etc.), that I participate in religious diversity groups primarily to raise awareness that a lack of religion doesn't equate to self-centeredness or a lack of morality, and that I've belonged to other religion-centered life groups and churches--especially the 'looser' ones--because of the personal development and sense of belonging that they bring. I've also sought out an understanding of their mindset and that it has helped shape my own worldview in many ways.

I personally believe that many of the religious are just a bit 'off course'--some much more than others--but that we ought not throw the baby out with the bathwater. If great and wonderful things are done 'in the name of God'--well, they're still being done. Eventually, we'll get to the point where they're being done for absolutely the right reasons, but it'll take some more cultural shifting.

None of this actually contradicts anything that I've said in this thread, amusingly; ideas can be packaged in a wide variety of ways to reach a variety of audiences.

But now I've outed myself again as a blasphemer.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no such thing as an atheist. People who claim to be such only suppress their knowledge that God exists, so they can spend their life indulging in sin.

Hah.. soo much bullshit. I remember when I believed this kind of thing, except I wasn't as obnoxious about it... on second thought I was nearly as obnoxious. But, I was young.

KDude

He said he wasn't exactly a Christian. He didn't say he wasn't a Christian. He's also just trying to communicate his Ne stance there.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so now I am a liar and a sinner. Great, let the orgy begin!

url

Sorry, but I really can't take this thread seriously anymore.This must be a bad joke.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yayy! Orgy! Yeah, only a repressed Christian would think not being Christian is any more indulgant.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Cool documentary featuring Christian paintings here.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry, but I really can't take this thread seriously anymore.This must be a bad joke.
I was going to follow up with some verses from Pastafarian scripture, but perhaps I should just issue the standard reminder not to feed the trolls.

KDude

I was going to follow up with some verses from Pastafarian scripture, but perhaps I should just issue the standard reminder not to feed the trolls.

I never gave the thought that he was a troll. :thinking:

Makes sense though. The scripture quotes look like he takes them seriously at first, but it's so random that he might as well just googled them up.