First 31112131415 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

God is simply a much more highly evolved life form than us, because with great age comes great wisdom, so he must be an old man.

All hail @man. Good job.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

What is God?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    If you want the approval of the people in this thread, then go ahead and seek their approval.
    Yeah, I definitely don't care in the slightest about that. I happen to get approval because some people happen to largely agree with my approach--which is bound to happen in a thread targeted at atheists.

But if you want the approval of God, then believe in his Son, Jesus Christ.

I'm not interested in opinions, speculations, or interpretations. And I'm not giving opinions, speculations or interpretations.

I've done little more than quote the Scriptures in this thread.
    You quote passages of your choosing and include your commentary with them. Moreover, you specifically targeted me and one other poster. I'm still not sure what you're after from me.

If you agree with the Holy Scriptures, every word of it, the Old and New Testaments, then we are in agreement. If you do not agree with the Scriptures then we are not in agreement.

Do you agree with the Scriptures or not?
    I do not agree with every word of the scriptures, no. I would go further, that I believe that it would be outrageous to do so; I am surprised that anyone agrees with every word of the scriptures.

So we're far from agreement. If your goal is to get me to agree with every word of the scriptures.. suffice it to say, we're going to be here for a while. Better get started now.

I'd first ask: Every word of which translation of which canon set of books?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You reject the Word of God himself, in the Holy Scriptures. Does that mean that God is going about it the wrong way?

Are you wiser than God?
    God is not the one regurgitating gratuitous Bible verses on an online forum. He would know and do far better than that. Unless, of course, you are going to equate yourself with God.

God has always done much better, providing humanity with many sacred scriptures, and many manifestations of his nature and truth, to reach out to us across the span of times and cultures. Most of all, though, he provided us with his creation. We are the ones going about things in the wrong way if we pretend that all he gave us was the Bible.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    [...] but i got no problem with people needing the comfort of "god".
    I do when they impose their religious beliefs onto others and it negatively affects us "non-believers", because we're somehow less moral or trustworthy, and also because, especially since living in the United States, many people won't vote for anyone, no matter their personal beliefs or policies, that was atheist. Plus, many Christians seem to demonize sexuality, and I am strongly against that.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I do when they impose their religious beliefs onto others and it negatively affects us "non-believers", because we're somehow less moral or trustworthy, and also because, especially since living in the United States, many people won't vote for anyone, no matter their personal beliefs or policies, that was atheist. Plus, many Christians seem to demonize sexuality, and I am strongly against that.
    yes, but thats not about needing the comfort of god anymore, but much more
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    What is God?
    baby dont hurt me
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    You have made this about me since your very first post in this thread. So, yeah, if this is about one of us, this is about me. Specifically, it's about my relationship with God.

You alone do not have the power to convince me that your interpretation of God is the correct one. The thing is that I'm telling you exactly why your message is unconvincing to me. If you want to reach me, you have to listen to me.
    I hear you loud and clear.

You want to be reached. You want to be heard and understood. And you want to be told you're alright.
    But you're not. You're on the road to Hell, and you know it.

You're afraid to die without God, and you're afraid to approach God because of your sin.

But I'm telling you that you MUST approach God through his Son Jesus Christ if you want to be saved from your sin.

Now hear the words of the Lord Jesus Christ, and be saved:

John 5:24
    “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."
    Last edited by Spurgeon; 04-12-2012 at 11:01 AM.

garbage

I hear you loud and clear.

You want to be reached. You want to be heard and understood. And you want to be told you're alright.
    But you're not. You're on the road to Hell, and you know it.

You're afraid to die without God, and you're afraid to approach God because of your sin.

But I'm telling you that you MUST approach God through his Son Jesus Christ if you want to be saved from your sin.

Now hear the words of the Lord Jesus Christ, and be saved:

John 5:24
    “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."
    I want to be heard and understood. You finally understand that.

But you don't understand my intention--I want to be understood only because that's a prerequisite for actually holding a conversation.

I don't care to be told that I'm alright as I am--that's not the right way to live. I know what confirmation bias is and I actively try to avoid it by actively seeking out worldviews and ideas that differ from my own. That is where you and I differ.

You were better off when you had simply posted a Bible verse, before you had edited it to include your imperfect opinion--your imperfect representation of the Word.