User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I am not a Christian. That has nothing to do with the fact that you don't know how to properly convey a message. Perhaps people would listen to you if you did.

The only reason that this is a lot of work for you is that you're going about it in absolutely the wrong way.
    This isn't about me.

You reject the Word of God himself, in the Holy Scriptures. Does that mean that God is going about it the wrong way?

Are you wiser than God?

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    This isn't about me.

You reject the Word of God himself. Does that mean that God is going about it the wrong way?

Are you wiser than God?
    Yet, bologna was one of the posters who said he basically sided with your general stance (I stand corrected on his beliefs about Christianity however. But I remember him saying "I'm basically with you").

This is the kind of derail I want to call attention to. The thread is about "Man creating God in his own image vs God created man in his image". That's all it is about. And apparently, bologna respects the religious viewpoint, and tried to reach out to you. I do as well. You yourself said above that was your "point" for being here, just a few minutes ago. Yet you insist on that not being the real point, and keep trying to turn the thread into a platform for a specific form of proselytizing.

This isn't about me.
    This is where you make your mistake.

You cannot absolutely remove yourself from any exchange.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

garbage

This isn't about me.

You reject the Word of God himself, in the Holy Scriptures. Does that mean that God is going about it the wrong way?

Are you wiser than God?
    You have made this about me since your very first post in this thread. So, yeah, if this is about one of us, this is about me. Specifically, it's about my relationship with God.

You alone do not have the power to convince me that your interpretation of God is the correct one. The thing is that I'm telling you exactly why your message is unconvincing to me. If you want to reach me, you have to listen to me. Again, that is exactly what my fellow missionaries teach about communicating with their intended audiences.

Moreover, how wise do you think that you are that you assume that you have a complete and full understanding of God's nature--that your interpretation and actions are 1:1 with his will?

God 'demonstrates his existence' in a multitude of ways; he doesn't need a slew of man's imperfect translations of man's imperfect revelations of his nature to do it. God is going about convincing us in exactly the right ways, but humankind is only now truly beginning to understand.

And by 'God' I mean 'all of that ineffable stuff that we really can't define but that we all kind of, sort of know what we're talking about.'

I'm wasting my time, but it's still kind of fun, so,

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Yet, bologna was one of the posters who said he basically sided with your general stance (I stand corrected on his beliefs about Christianity however. But I remember him saying "I'm basically with you").
    Yeah, you remember right, for sure. It may have been ever so slightly misleading (whoops), but what I meant was that I wanted to help enable him to communicate his message even though I disagreed with it. My default is to connect with people and help them grow by relaying my own thoughts and experiences, no matter how far apart we are. It's how I operate. I can't help it!

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    You have made this about me since your very first post in this thread. So, yeah, if this is about one of us, this is about me. Specifically, it's about my relationship with God.

You alone do not have the power to convince me that your interpretation of God is the correct one. The thing is that I'm telling you exactly why your message is unconvincing to me. If you want to reach me, you have to listen to me. Again, that is exactly what my fellow missionaries teach about communicating with their intended audiences.

Moreover, how wise do you think that you are that you assume that you have a complete and full understanding of God's nature--that your interpretation and actions are 1:1 with his will?

God 'demonstrates his existence' in a multitude of ways; he doesn't need a slew of man's imperfect translations of man's imperfect revelations of his nature to do it. God is going about convincing us in exactly the right ways, but humankind is only now truly beginning to understand.

And by 'God' I mean 'all of that ineffable stuff that we really can't define but that we all kind of, sort of know what we're talking about.'

I'm wasting my time, but it's still kind of fun, so,

Yeah, you remember right, for sure. It may have been ever so slightly misleading (whoops), but what I meant was that I wanted to help enable him to communicate his message even though I disagreed with it. My default is to connect with people and help them grow by relaying my own thoughts and experiences, no matter how far apart we are. It's how I operate. I can't help it!

If you want the approval of the people in this thread, then go ahead and seek their approval.
    But if you want the approval of God, then believe in his Son, Jesus Christ.

I'm not interested in opinions, speculations, or interpretations. And I'm not giving opinions, speculations or interpretations.

I've done little more than quote the Scriptures in this thread.

If you agree with the Holy Scriptures, every word of it, the Old and New Testaments, then we are in agreement. If you do not agree with the Scriptures then we are not in agreement.

Do you agree with the Scriptures or not?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Maybe. When it comes to certain issues the line between serious fanatics and satire becomes blurry.
    Landover Baptist Church for the win!
    Do not mock Landover, or God will smite thee!

@bologna: ...Yeah, that worked well.

I learned to my own chagrin some years back that reason only works on reasonable people.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I learned to my own chagrin some years back that reason only works on reasonable people.
    I don't know if he's unreasonable. He seems to be going through that phase where he read the book of John too much, and mistook Jesus' attitude as a model for his own. A lot of Christians like to think they can get away with it.

Then they read another gospel and play act that version of Jesus for awhile.

Then they read Paul and engage in the same kind of polemical tone.

Etc..

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't know if he's unreasonable. He seems to be going through that phase where he read the book of John too much, and mistook Jesus' attitude as a model for his own. A lot of Christians like to think they can get away with it.

Then they read another gospel and play act that version of Jesus for awhile.

Then they read Paul and engage in the same kind of polemical tone.

Etc..

Well, if it's just part of just trying some spiritual clothes to see what fits, and the search doesn't stop prematurely, then it's not a bad thing. We all have to explore.

Unfortunately, with US religious matters, the tendency is to have yourself crammed into a suit that doesn't fit and then expect everyone else to dress the same. I see a lot of people get lodged in the viewpoint being expressed in places in this thread.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
    Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
    And prudent in their own sight!
    (Isaiah 5:20-22)

BUT...

To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
    (Revelation 1:5-6)
    Genesis 1:27

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food”; and it was so. God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

hmm, according to this, this god dude is pretty weird fellow, not only is he an shemale, whore, rapist, murderer, satanist, nympho, but also a business man and a secretary, he is black, asian, white, yellow and red etc. but whats more fascinating is that he told people to eat poisonous plants(underlined) after creating them and as he created people in his own image, he is clearly an masochist
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

There is no such thing as an atheist. People who claim to be such only suppress their knowledge that God exists, so they can spend their life indulging in sin.

As it is written:

Romans 1:18-25
    For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
    i am an atheist, but i believe in god, its just that i dont define god like you, for me god is simply people themselves and unfortunately because of all these heathens are promoting false gods(like you are), people often dont get to experience the real god, which is a real shame for several reasons
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read