User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    I can and do speak the truth, and it does live. But only God the Holy Spirit can make it live in you.
    If you were in touch with "Truth", then you'd have some self respect and maybe tell Bologna, for example, that you jumped the gun. Instead, you go about your merry way, fantasizing that you're John the Baptist, living in a wasteland of sin, the last man standing for "truth". You're more like the Christian equivalent of those marines who lose their orientation during battle and shoot their own squad. You have no idea what's going on.

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    As an atheist, I have a much higher opinion of Christianity than I have of certain Christians and their methods. There's always the odd bad apple or subgroup that gives the whole idea a bad name.
    There is no such thing as an atheist. People who claim to be such only suppress their knowledge that God exists, so they can spend their life indulging in sin.

As it is written:

Romans 1:18-25
    For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    If you were in touch with "Truth", then you'd have some self respect and maybe tell Bologna, for example, that you jumped the gun. Instead, you go about your merry way, fantasizing that you're John the Baptist, living in a wasteland of sin, the last man standing for "truth". You're more like the Christian equivalent of those marines who lose their orientation during battle and shoot their own squad. You have no idea what's going on.
    Bologna already admitted he's not a Christian.

Quoted for truth:

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

What would have happened in this conversation if I had simply mentioned upfront that I wasn't exactly a Christian? Whammo, immediate doorslam. At least I had a slim chance of bridging the gap, to get my points across--but I still failed on that one.

I may as well just flat out state the following: that I've been on Christian mission trips primarily because I believed in their practical causes (e.g. helping out the children, building houses, etc.), that I participate in religious diversity groups primarily to raise awareness that a lack of religion doesn't equate to self-centeredness or a lack of morality, and that I've belonged to other religion-centered life groups and churches--especially the 'looser' ones--because of the personal development and sense of belonging that they bring. I've also sought out an understanding of their mindset and that it has helped shape my own worldview in many ways.

I personally believe that many of the religious are just a bit 'off course'--some much more than others--but that we ought not throw the baby out with the bathwater. If great and wonderful things are done 'in the name of God'--well, they're still being done. Eventually, we'll get to the point where they're being done for absolutely the right reasons, but it'll take some more cultural shifting.

None of this actually contradicts anything that I've said in this thread, amusingly; ideas can be packaged in a wide variety of ways to reach a variety of audiences.

But now I've outed myself again as a blasphemer.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    There is no such thing as an atheist. People who claim to be such only suppress their knowledge that God exists, so they can spend their life indulging in sin.

Hah.. soo much bullshit. I remember when I believed this kind of thing, except I wasn't as obnoxious about it... on second thought I was nearly as obnoxious. But, I was young.

He said he wasn't exactly a Christian. He didn't say he wasn't a Christian. He's also just trying to communicate his Ne stance there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Okay, so now I am a liar and a sinner. Great, let the orgy begin!

Sorry, but I really can't take this thread seriously anymore.This must be a bad joke.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yayy! Orgy! Yeah, only a repressed Christian would think not being Christian is any more indulgant.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Cool documentary featuring Christian paintings here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Sorry, but I really can't take this thread seriously anymore.This must be a bad joke.
    I was going to follow up with some verses from Pastafarian scripture, but perhaps I should just issue the standard reminder not to feed the trolls.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I was going to follow up with some verses from Pastafarian scripture, but perhaps I should just issue the standard reminder not to feed the trolls.
    I never gave the thought that he was a troll.

Makes sense though. The scripture quotes look like he takes them seriously at first, but it's so random that he might as well just googled them up.