• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Carl Jung: I know God exists...

• Thread starter A window to the soul
  • Start date

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not dismiss, I grieve. From a Biblical standpoint, I concluded Jung was being led into darkness by entities that were hindering him from developing a relationship with God by way of faith.

I feel that God showed me something through my revelation yesterday about faith. God wants us to come to him in prayer and word. If we're tapping into the spirit realm and talking to spirit guides, we are not seeking God by faith. We are seeking God in signs and wonders because of a lack of faith.

I sincerely believe Jung thought he tapped into God (an external entity).

Are you aware of any scriptures that do not support what i'm saying? If so, it would help me a lot if you would post a reference, so I can better understand.

[MENTION=8543]Nerd Girl[/MENTION] did you type in 'the Bible on mysticism' and choose the first page you came to for information? Because it seems that way.

Christian mysticism refers to the development of mystical practices and theory within Christianity. It has often been connected to mystical theology, especially in the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox traditions. The attributes and means by which Christian mysticism is studied and practiced are varied and range from ecstatic visions of the soul's mystical union with God to simple prayerful contemplation of Holy Scripture (i.e., Lectio Divina). This article addresses the practice of the inner, spiritual life within the Christian tradition.

Peter 1:4 says that God enables Christians to be "partakers of the divine nature."
John 17:21 records Jesus' prayer for his followers during the last supper: "You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; [I pray] that they also may be one in Us."
The mystical experience of the apostles, Peter, John, and James, at the Transfiguration of Jesus, is confirmed in each of the Synoptic Gospels.
See, e.g., Mark 9:2-8. Jesus led the three to the top of Mount Tabor. Before the eye of the disciples, he was transformed. His face shone like the sun, and his cloths became brilliant white. Elijah and Moses appeared to them. Then “A cloud came, overshadowing them and a voice came out of the cloud, and said “This is my beloved Son. Listen to him.""[43]
In II Corinthians 12:2-6, St. Paul refers to what tradition says was his own mystical experience, when he speaks of a man who was "caught up to the third heaven." [44]
In Galatians 2:20, Paul says "It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me."
In Ephesians 4:6, Paul writes "[There is] one God and Father of all who is above all and through all and in all.
1 John 4:16: "He who abides in love abides in God, and God in him."
1 Corinthians 6:19: "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?"
2 Timothy 1:14: "Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us."

(mĭs'tĭ-sĭz'əm)
n.
Immediate consciousness of the transcendent or ultimate reality or God.
The experience of such communion as described by mystics.
A belief in the existence of realities beyond perceptual or intellectual apprehension that are central to being and directly accessible by subjective experience.
Vague, groundless speculation.

I really hate to quote myself again, but....I'm pretty sure those quotes from the bible counteract what you are suggesting about mysticism.

And I also really hate to re-post, but somehow[/quote] it appears on of my pertinent posts was moved into an off-topic posts thread.

I have the holy spirit.

How do you know, and how does that differ from what Jung felt?

Mole

Permabanned
Ordinary Mysticism

Mysticism is finding God in the everyday.

It can pass unnoticed in front of us as it seems quite ordinary, just as Jesus passed unnoticed for thirty-two years in Galilee.

A

A window to the soul

I really hate to quote myself again, but....I'm pretty sure those quotes from the bible counteract what you are suggesting about mysticism.
What did I suggest? I suggested that mysticism can be God ordained or it can be demonic. The scriptures you quoted are talking about God ordained (the Holy Spirit), which is supported by the scriptures I quoted.

BTW, you quoted 2 Peter 1:4 out of context, so to put it in proper context, here's 2 Peter 1:2-4:
2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Confirming One’s Calling and Election
3 His divine power (Holy Spirit) has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature (of God through the Holy Spirit), having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.​

And I also really hate to re-post, but somehow it appears on of my pertinent posts was moved into an off-topic posts thread.
I didn't reply to you the first time because the scriptures you posted support what I wrote. Anyone that understands the Bible understands that. There was no need to reply. :laugh:

How do you know, and how does that differ from what Jung felt?
I started this thread because I don't know. Jung was very clearly not talking about the Holy Spirit when he was talking about his spirit guides Elijah and Philemon. Other than that, I have no idea how Jung's experience of being gripped by God differs from mine. I'm not Jung. The video taken before his death (post #1), seems to me to be talking about God (or something God ordained, not of himself).

I have a feeling I'm talking way over your head, so let me know if you have further questions. But seriously, one or two calm questions at a time please. Not a dozen. Thanks!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you know it wasn't god ordained? I'm not sure how the scriptures I posted support what you are saying.

You appeared to be saying because Jung partook in mysticism, he must have been gripped by demons.
The scriptures on mysticism you posted seem to portray mysticism as a negative thing.
The scriptures I posted on mysticism portray it as a good thing.

I wish you would be more mature during an academic discussion, rather than acting like some catty closed-minded individual who feels backed into a corner because all the big bad meanie weenies disagree with her.

Lawd, everything suddenly makes sense. [I did some more research.] Jung was a leader in the study of visualization and the unconscious. So Jung was into mysticism, which means he wasn't gripped by God [like he thought], he was gripped by demons; it's doubtful he knew that's what they were. He wrote about his spirit guides where he was first led by a spirit guide called Elijah, which eventually he wrote about changed into an elderly man, Philemon. Jung wrote that Philemon was an external force that had power over his mind. Jung said, "Philemon represented a force which was not myself...it was he who taught me psychic objectivity, the reality of the psyche...there is something in me which can say things that I do not know and do not intend."

He seriously must have thought his spirit guides were God or God's angels leading him into truth.

No wonder some people thought he was insane. He wasn't insane at all; I believe he met with an external force just like he said, and he was deceived.

My questions are calm. Evidently. I have asked my questions in a manner which I hope was simple and easy to follow. I tailored it just for you.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to see you prove that your Godly experiences are valid.

Otherwise, it is unfair for you to suggest that anyone else's godly experiences are invalid. You are not god- I sense your soul is impure.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will be happy when you can clarify your position on mysticism.

What did I suggest? I suggested that mysticism can be God ordained or it can be demonic. The scriptures you quoted are talking about God ordained (the Holy Spirit), which is supported by the scriptures I quoted.

You appeared to be saying because Jung partook in mysticism, he must have been gripped by demons.
The scriptures on mysticism you posted seem to portray mysticism as a negative thing.
The scriptures I posted on mysticism portray it as a good thing.

Lawd, everything suddenly makes sense. [I did some more research.] Jung was a leader in the study of visualization and the unconscious. So Jung was into mysticism, which means he wasn't gripped by God [like he thought], he was gripped by demons; it's doubtful he knew that's what they were. He wrote about his spirit guides where he was first led by a spirit guide called Elijah, which eventually he wrote about changed into an elderly man, Philemon. Jung wrote that Philemon was an external force that had power over his mind. Jung said, "Philemon represented a force which was not myself...it was he who taught me psychic objectivity, the reality of the psyche...there is something in me which can say things that I do not know and do not intend."

He seriously must have thought his spirit guides were God or God's angels leading him into truth.

No wonder some people thought he was insane. He wasn't insane at all; I believe he met with an external force just like he said, and he was deceived.

Mole

Permabanned
The Mystic, Simone Weil (pronounced Vey)

I will be happy when you can clarify your position on mysticism.

I love the mystics.

My favourite mystic is Simone Weil (pronounced Vey).

Simone Weil was the first female graduate of the Sorbonne who lived in France and escaped to Britain during WW II.

Simone Weil left behind her writings and on reading them one can't help but love her.

And this does seem to be a characteristic of mystics - they are loveable, and without doubt beloved by God.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Carl Jung in his supernatural investigations seems to be more of a sage/mystic than a true wizard, like me!