• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tarot

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe I should put this in my signature instead of the almighty magician!

salad

Permabanned
MBTI Type
what
Enneagram
wha
I'm bias about this, as I am spiritual.. I read tarot, and.. For me, I mostly use it for picking up messages floating in the air. Without getting into too much detail, since this forum is notorious for attacking religious people in any form or fashion, I attempt to interpret messages floating around my head.. both external and those from my subconscious. It's more of a translation and meditation to me than it is an know-all-see-all sort of utensil. The idea is.. the cards reveal a vague concept.. and I read that concept and try to figure out how that could guide my thoughts or the situation.. if it is speaking about it, warning of this aspect, shining light onto it, etc.

I might be also biased because im also not a machine driven only to eat, shit, and fuck like the rest of these shitmunchers.. because i also use tarot cards in a total banal manner!

[MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] did a reading for me on Vent a few months ago and it was very good, not so much as fortune telling but rather as an exercise in psychological penetration and clarification. She's a very perceptive individual. I enjoyed the session sufficiently that I bought my own deck.

This is the one I have.

golden+tarot.jpg

I love the way the cards look and feel, but I haven't yet sat down with them and tried to figure out a way to use them. I keep putting it off. It will happen one day though.

Tarot reminds me of the alethiometer in Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series, which I thought was one of the coolest fictional objects ever. Both involve meditating on the images and letting your mind focus on different levels of meaning to figure out what's relevant to your current situation. I think that could be quite illuminating. Kinda sounds like Ni.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] did a reading for me on Vent a few months ago and it was very good, not so much as fortune telling but rather as an exercise in psychological penetration and clarification. She's a very perceptive individual.

I had a similar experience with [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION]. Illuminating. I tend to be a skeptic about these things, but regardless of where it all comes from, or what it means, the insightful perspectives are nonetheless useful for further introspection & growth. I'd call upon her for such a service again. *cough*

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] did a reading for me on Vent a few months ago and it was very good, not so much as fortune telling but rather as an exercise in psychological penetration and clarification. She's a very perceptive individual. I enjoyed the session sufficiently that I bought my own deck.

I had a similar experience with [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION]. Illuminating. I tend to be a skeptic about these things, but regardless of where it all comes from, or what it means, the insightful perspectives are nonetheless useful for further introspection & growth. I'd call upon her for such a service again. *cough*

Aww. Thanks, y'all. Im always open to doing readings, so anyone can contact me if they might have an interest.

Nothing too profound to add re: tarot cards. Psychics that I know tend to think of them as a kind of training tool. They're also wonderful for meditation.

Permabanned
Aww. Thanks, y'all. Im always open to doing readings, so anyone can contact me if they might have an interest.

Nothing too profound to add re: tarot cards. Psychics that I know tend to think of them as a kind of training tool. They're also wonderful for meditation.

I might consider this offer.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
For me the Tarot has been as a tool to expand my perspective when I've backed myself into a mental corner and have lost sight of most, if not all, potential choices immediately available to me. So far my readings have all been done by a friend, not by me.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tarot cards are fun and all, but the whole idea that the Universe places a significant meaning on the way those small things are arranged just to appease you is arrogant and conceited. We humans are a big nothing in this Universe. Why whould it care about our destiny? Obviously not enough to heal our planet of corruption.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tarot cards are fun and all, but the whole idea that the Universe places a significant meaning on the way those small things are arranged just to appease you is arrogant and conceited. We humans are a big nothing in this Universe. Why whould it care about our destiny? Obviously not enough to heal our planet of corruption.
The meaning comes from the user, not the universe. If the user doesn't care, he/she certainly won't get anything out of the experience, just like anything else.