Thread: Tarot

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Maybe I should put this in my signature instead of the almighty magician!

Banned
    MBTI
    what
    Enneagram
    wha
    Socionics
    i do

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'm bias about this, as I am spiritual.. I read tarot, and.. For me, I mostly use it for picking up messages floating in the air. Without getting into too much detail, since this forum is notorious for attacking religious people in any form or fashion, I attempt to interpret messages floating around my head.. both external and those from my subconscious. It's more of a translation and meditation to me than it is an know-all-see-all sort of utensil. The idea is.. the cards reveal a vague concept.. and I read that concept and try to figure out how that could guide my thoughts or the situation.. if it is speaking about it, warning of this aspect, shining light onto it, etc.
    I might be also biased because im also not a machine driven only to eat, shit, and fuck like the rest of these shitmunchers.. because i also use tarot cards in a total banal manner!

@Wind-Up Rex did a reading for me on Vent a few months ago and it was very good, not so much as fortune telling but rather as an exercise in psychological penetration and clarification. She's a very perceptive individual. I enjoyed the session sufficiently that I bought my own deck.

This is the one I have.

I love the way the cards look and feel, but I haven't yet sat down with them and tried to figure out a way to use them. I keep putting it off. It will happen one day though.

Tarot reminds me of the alethiometer in Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series, which I thought was one of the coolest fictional objects ever. Both involve meditating on the images and letting your mind focus on different levels of meaning to figure out what's relevant to your current situation. I think that could be quite illuminating. Kinda sounds like Ni.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    @Wind-Up Rex did a reading for me on Vent a few months ago and it was very good, not so much as fortune telling but rather as an exercise in psychological penetration and clarification. She's a very perceptive individual.
    I had a similar experience with @Wind-Up Rex. Illuminating. I tend to be a skeptic about these things, but regardless of where it all comes from, or what it means, the insightful perspectives are nonetheless useful for further introspection & growth. I'd call upon her for such a service again. *cough*
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    @Wind-Up Rex did a reading for me on Vent a few months ago and it was very good, not so much as fortune telling but rather as an exercise in psychological penetration and clarification. She's a very perceptive individual. I enjoyed the session sufficiently that I bought my own deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I had a similar experience with @Wind-Up Rex. Illuminating. I tend to be a skeptic about these things, but regardless of where it all comes from, or what it means, the insightful perspectives are nonetheless useful for further introspection & growth. I'd call upon her for such a service again. *cough*
    Aww. Thanks, y'all. Im always open to doing readings, so anyone can contact me if they might have an interest.

Nothing too profound to add re: tarot cards. Psychics that I know tend to think of them as a kind of training tool. They're also wonderful for meditation.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Aww. Thanks, y'all. Im always open to doing readings, so anyone can contact me if they might have an interest.

Nothing too profound to add re: tarot cards. Psychics that I know tend to think of them as a kind of training tool. They're also wonderful for meditation.
    I might consider this offer.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP

For me the Tarot has been as a tool to expand my perspective when I've backed myself into a mental corner and have lost sight of most, if not all, potential choices immediately available to me. So far my readings have all been done by a friend, not by me.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Tarot cards are fun and all, but the whole idea that the Universe places a significant meaning on the way those small things are arranged just to appease you is arrogant and conceited. We humans are a big nothing in this Universe. Why whould it care about our destiny? Obviously not enough to heal our planet of corruption.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Tarot cards are fun and all, but the whole idea that the Universe places a significant meaning on the way those small things are arranged just to appease you is arrogant and conceited. We humans are a big nothing in this Universe. Why whould it care about our destiny? Obviously not enough to heal our planet of corruption.
    The meaning comes from the user, not the universe. If the user doesn't care, he/she certainly won't get anything out of the experience, just like anything else.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...