• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

There is no God

Mole

Permabanned
I'd like an honest answer.

Unbeknownst to you, your culture makes the fundamental distinction between honest and phony, while my culture makes the same distinction between amusing and boring.

So when you say, "I'd like an honest answer", rather than finding it amusing, I find it intimidating.

A

A window to the soul

Now please don't get offended, my intuition is picking up on something and I'd like an honest answer. You wouldn't happen to be a bigot would you?

Well then. I'm, I'm, I'm speechless. :x

Here's a hug --> :hug:

You need it!

:run:

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
I always thought that consciousness was the best argument for a creator or underlying force of some sort. It's very difficult to explain from a naturalistic perspective.

On another note, Nerd Girl, are you sure you're an ENTP? Based on the posts of yours that I've seen I would guess you were an ESFJ.

A

A window to the soul

On another note, Nerd Girl, are you sure you're an ENTP?
Yes sir, 100%.

Based on the posts of yours that I've seen I would guess you were an ESFJ.
Marilyn Monroe? Maybe. If you're talking about my actual photos posted around this site, then sure, ESFJ. Not sure how it happened though, I was raised in a pack of wolves out on an oil field in Texas. :laugh:

I once was lost. I've since been whipped, saved, bullied, and blessed.

So I guess you'll have to interact with me for awhile if you want to get to know how this ENTP came to be so awesomely ESFJ. [We are all unique just like everyone else. :\]

Now, away! You're disrupting my concentration; I am not studying to be an ESFJ, I am studying to be an ENFJ. Ya better duck too! -throws a snowglobe-

:bye:

Nicodemus

I am American.

However, I define myself as Texan. Texas is part of southern civilization and the religion of the South is good old fashioned hospitality. In fact, it is impossible to understand the South without undertanding hospitality.

Are you following how stupid that sounds? Notice how I'm mirroring you!! :laugh:
It sounds stupid to you because you miss the implications. To make sense of your mirroring attempt, one would have to define 'American' as implying inhospitality.

A

A window to the soul

It sounds stupid to you because you miss the implications. To make sense of your mirroring attempt, one would have to define 'American' as implying inhospitality.

Are you Victor's sock puppet now? Victor is a big boy, he can speak for himself.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The concept of God is a very personal thing.

When you say there is no God, what you are saying to me is that our lives are ultimately meaningless. Not only am I totally incapable of believing that (I've tried), I can see no value in accepting it. But, the fact that everything has an reason to be hasn't suggested to me that any particular holy tradition is true in totality from its preferred prescribed viewpoint.

A

A window to the soul

I would like to hear about the implications I missed, if there were more. For lack of a better word, I loosely used the term 'mirroring'. Victor has a tendancy to dance around the issues. I adopted his method in the post you're referring to, but to keep with the spirit that is Victor, I couldn't choose the same dance Victor did. I had to pick a different dance to dance around Victor's dance. He did the salsa, I did the waltz.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am agnostic.

However I define myself as an Australian. And Oz is part of Western Civilization and the religion of the West is Christianity. In fact it is impossible to understand the West without understanding Christianity.

So Christianity is part of my heritage. And this includes all of Christianity from the Copts of the first century to the Roman Catholics at their height in the twelfth century to the Protestants of the sixteenth century to present day ecumenism.

It includes Christian humanism, the theology and philosophy of Christianity, the art, music and poetry of Christianity, and indeed the politics of Christianity and social justice.

Are you following how stupid that sounds?

Victor's post makes perfect sense to me. :shrug:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Heaven help me, I think I agree with what I saw quoted too.

Well, THAT can't be right.

A

A window to the soul

Did you understand the point already made?

I did. Did you understand that I asked Victor a simple question, "Victor, are you Catholic?" and this is what I got (see Victor's quote below)...
(And that's why I responded trying to use his communication style. It was jolly good fun. I hope he at least smiled.)

I am agnostic.

However I define myself as an Australian. And Oz is part of Western Civilization and the religion of the West is Christianity. In fact it is impossible to understand the West without understanding Christianity.

So Christianity is part of my heritage. And this includes all of Christianity from the Copts of the first century to the Roman Catholics at their height in the twelfth century to the Protestants of the sixteenth century to present day ecumenism.

It includes Christian humanism, the theology and philosophy of Christianity, the art, music and poetry of Christianity, and indeed the politics of Christianity and social justice.

[MENTION=10315]Aquarelle[/MENTION]: The issue isn't whether Victor's post made sense. The issue was that his post was comical because he rambled on (which really wasn't an issue, I just wanted Victor to relax). I asked him a simple question, "are you Catholic?" He answers it on the first line with three words "I am agnostic" (above) and the remaining 95% of his post was a dance around that; touching on random things. It was like he lost control of his mouth and seemed totally unconcerned with the present reality. In earlier posts, he appeared to despise being asked what scriptures his comments on Mary came from. He immediately became defensive/defiant. He never took the direct route to simply answer that. All he had to say is "I don't know". Why didn't he do that? I'm guessing he felt like we might devalue his thoughts or feelings if he didn't have the scriptures to support them. And that wasn't my goal. I sincerely wanted to understand him. I was playing with him a little to get him to relax so he *would* feel more comfortable, so take the word "stupid" with a grain of salt. Read the thread.

Nicodemus

I did. Did you understand that I asked Victor a simple question, "Victor, are you Catholic?" and this is what I got (see Victor's quote below)...
(And that's why I responded trying to use his communication style. It was jolly good fun. I hope he at least smiled.)
He is an agnostic. That means the answer to your question is 'no'.