User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

And so we are living in an illusion of fluff. grins.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

We are unable to not commit sin, not deprived (and perfection has no connection to sin). Believing in God does not save, Satan believes in God (he’s not saved).

Life on earth doesn’t suck, having to be around unethical people who believe in flawed philosophies makes portions of it suck (some allowing cheating, lying, and any other low quality behaviors). This statement is based on what God deems correct, not a bunch of people in a room discussing how low they can go in their value systems.

Life on earth is a gift and a test (which could be expanded to numerous pages, but I’m not going to waste my time doing it). This also does not try to answer the why we are here question.

As a side - if the owners of slaves in the past treated their slaves as Paul instructed Philemon concerning Onesimus, we may still have slavery today (in a world wide manner) - and based off of the previous with the top portion - people acting badly and finding excuses for why they sin (instead of trying to correct/or contain a problem concerning sin) makes the world suck.

Personally, we know everything dies (one of the things the Bible says), so it’s less waiting then knowing. I also do not assert strong faith (you either have it or you don’t).

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy22 View Post
    We are unable to not commit sin, not deprived (and perfection has no connection to sin). Believing in God does not save, Satan believes in God (he’s not saved).

Life on earth doesn’t suck, having to be around unethical people who believe in flawed philosophies makes portions of it suck (some allowing cheating, lying, and any other low quality behaviors). This statement is based on what God deems correct, not a bunch of people in a room discussing how low they can go in their value systems.

Life on earth is a gift and a test (which could be expanded to numerous pages, but I’m not going to waste my time doing it). This also does not try to answer the why we are here question.

As a side - if the owners of slaves in the past treated their slaves as Paul instructed Philemon concerning Onesimus, we may still have slavery today (in a world wide manner) - and based off of the previous with the top portion - people acting badly and finding excuses for why they sin (instead of trying to correct/or contain a problem concerning sin) makes the world suck.

Personally, we know everything dies (one of the things the Bible says), so it’s less waiting then knowing. I also do not assert strong faith (you either have it or you don’t).
    Do you see good in humankind?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    My experience growing up was full of people who found comfort in this life because they confided in an afterlife. Discussing heaven typically followed a conversation about something in the world we felt we couldn't change and the apocalypse.
    It's interesting to hear about people's family experiences growing up regarding talking about heaven or the afterlife.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy22 View Post

Aren't there any other reasons why the world sucks according to you?

All of the major religions have groups of people who leave out or distort critical parts of the spiritual framework:

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    ...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Do you see good in humankind?
    Yes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Aren't there any other reasons why the world sucks according to you?
    Yes.

I gotta say that it seems like some Christians live their lives just waiting to die so that they can go to heaven. From what I gather from bible teachings, we're all sinners (and I do agree that no one's perfect) and we walk among our fellow man who are also deprived, all of us living a deprived life here on earth, like we're in the dregs. Our only saving grace is that we can go to heaven when we die, provided that we believe in God and serve him.

So is that what it's like for people with strong faith? Life on earth just sucks no matter which way you slice it and heaven is what you really look forward to?
    Giggly I have always had trouble imagining or being motivated by an idea of heaven. Too far away and too difficult to verify.

A couple things wise people have said to me that seemed to make sense to me: the whole idea behind the teachings of Jesus Christ is love: loving God, loving your neighbor as yourself... we serve God and other people through acts of kindness and love... we can create heaven or hell on earth right here, right now, by how we act and how we treat others. Nobody is perfect, of course, but I guess the idea is that through our own labors and God's grace we can refine ourselves.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

I get the feeling that heaven is the carrot in the bible... and everything else is the stick. I get the impression believers fear the stick more than they love the carrot, but I could be off.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

I gotta say that it seems like some Christians live their lives just waiting to die so that they can go to heaven. From what I gather from bible teachings, we're all sinners (and I do agree that no one's perfect) and we walk among our fellow man who are also deprived, all of us living a deprived life here on earth, like we're in the dregs. Our only saving grace is that we can go to heaven when we die, provided that we believe in God and serve him.

So is that what it's like for people with strong faith? Life on earth just sucks no matter which way you slice it and heaven is what you really look forward to?
    Wow.

Tired of a bland life on earth? Want no more pollution? Don't you wish there were no more invasions....Um War in countries that have resourc... "antagonistic views" and wmd's?

Well God's got ya Covered!!!!
    With Heaven, a land of no problems.

For just three easy payments of Faith, belief, and proclaiming your belief in God we'll write your name on heavens V.I.P. list. You could go to one of the hottest parties of all time!! You'll get to meet White Jesus, Peurtorican Jesus, Black Jesus, and the less popular Jew Jesus. We've got streets of GOLD. Yeah, you heard right GOLD!!!!

You don't wanna be left out when everyone's going to the pearly gates, so pray today!!!