User Tag List

Thread: The most important question to a fascist is...

Default The most important question to a fascist is...

I have heard the philosophy of a fascist to be typified by a single question, which would you rather be in the following scenario?

The guy holding the gun or the guy about to get shot?

However, when I thought about it I suspect there's a lot of people who're going to fit within the fascist bracket, upon further refinement it could be a question of a more explicit statement of "might makes right" but even at that there's a lot of people who will wind up positioned firmly within the fascist bracket who I am not sure belong there, much as I may differ with their philosophy, such as so called objectivists.

What's your view on this, is it or isnt it a good typification of the central animating belief in fascism?

OMG sx

this scenerio is a choice of survival, so does the fascist have a choice of shooting the man? Well in some armies you will get shot for not adhering to an order. Maybe the soldier is fighting for his life. Maybe the guy getting shot at should run away
    1+1=3 OMFG

If we assume that any human prefers self preservation to demise, then we must assume that all humans are fascist. This is true in populations where the choice IS to shoot (or participate in the shootings) or to face demise. See Nazi Germany for examples of this manifestation of human preference. Naturally, when we examine humans in the numbers of thousands or millions or more, we can presume that not all humans will fit within such a narrow ideology, but we can certainly say that the belief and associated behaviors become widespread, given the circumstances of the environment.

Senior Member Array Sizzling Berry's Avatar

And if you ask yourself with whom it is easier to identify? Whose mind you can easier imagine as yours?
    Hot-hearted head