• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ideal Beauty

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to hear about what represents ideal beauty to you. Something that represents what your deepest recognition of beauty, be it an object, an image, a poem, a person, or an idea.

If you have some ideas on beauty that you'd like to share, what it is to you, what it means, I'd love to hear it.

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
In terms of a physical object, I'm going to go with Japanese Maples...maybe that sounds very strange, but for some reason they stand out as an icon of ideal beauty in my mind.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Equines
Arabian-horses-1.jpg

Mountains
Crater_Lake.jpg

Beorn

Permabanned
I'm selfish. I like beauty that's mine. To be clear, I don't believe that beauty is just a matter of perception, but rather an inherent characteristic. But, perception plays a role in recognition of beauty. Therefore, I particularly enjoy beauty that I am one of the few to recognize.

I like that moment of attraction to a person when certain attributes that wouldn't normally be considered appealing are all of a sudden revealed to be incredibly beautiful. It's an increadible feeling to feel that attracted to someone. I always feel bad for guys that become insecure about the attractiveness of their wife or girlfriend and concerned about what other people think.

Somewhere there's another thread that points out that people with a slight deviation from normally appealing characteristics are found more highly appealing than people without much deviation from normal appealing characteristics, but by fewer people.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find beauty in the abstract, in untouched nature, and in the simplicity of a form that follow function in a streamlined and elegant way.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a couple very ingrained ideals of beauty. One is the idea of something being representative of the universe in one of the ways conceptualize it. Sometimes it's a type of universal movement, microscopically chaotic, macroscopically structured. Or, it's something that is whole unto itself except for a flaw, a flaw that makes the whole something more than it could've been otherwise.

The other ideal I have is the object that is what it does without veneer, something like [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] describes, a form the follows function.

Nic

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Crows. The ocean. David Bowie. And, in typical weird INTP fashion, blood that has been spun down into serum is beautiful to me.

F

figsfiggyfigs

In humans, facial symmetry and dimorphism plays a huge part in how we perceive beauty. In objects and subjects, it is possibly more complex than inherent inclinations.

Regarding human beauty, You should all check this out. <-- all sort of little quizzes!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
"I think the sun is a flower, That blooms for just one hour."

Calla Lillies

images

calla-lily-plant-care1.jpg

Children laughing

nl_laugh_ani.gif

I think that when we encounter a spiritual type of beauty it reminds of experiencing the best parts of life or rather being in a certain state of being. If that makes sense. Things we find physically beautiful we can't help but be aesthetically appreciative of. Even the most unaesthetic person finds certain things or certain people physically beautiful. Things that are physically beautiful also remind us of ideals and what is possible in the world.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
astonmartinvantage.jpg

The Aston Martin Vantage V12 is the best looking car in existence.

Yet still, I don't find it particularly all that. Gives my perceptual mind about fifty percent satisfaction to look at. The rest how ever I interpret as junk.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
iphone4.jpg

I also find the i-phone 4 beautiful to the same level as the Aston Martin Vantage V12. About fifty percent satisfaction.

The two of them are possibly the best looking object things I could recall off the top of my head.

Yet still, neither are anything near every thing. I would own them and get bored of them both quite easily for that reason.

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ugh, so hard!

Bonsai trees, a good-natured person, ocean, Planet Earth, particular artists paintings/drawings, a field of wild flowers, guys with shaggy black hair and brown eyes, a sensitive and caring person, the human spirit to be good in horrible circumstances, human anatomy, illustrations, a good sense of humor, antiques...

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Ideal beauty to me is in the eye of the beholder. I don't really think there is an ideal beauty though. The thought of finding the epitome of beauty saddens me, for I will never experience anything more beautiful.

I tend to find landscapes (when I'm not in them) and orchestral music to be exceptionally beautiful. In humans, I find a certain je ne sais quois to be the most beautiful thing.

Jaguar

Jumping off the chairlift in Vail, Colorado and looking out at the mountains: Stunning.

Lark

I find something beautiful about books:

1225274637_85fac883b1_z.jpg

I usually notice them in rooms, those Christopher Hitchens which someone linked a short time ago, I didnt watch them but I noticed stacks of books in the background.

I think that symmetary and what has been said about human beauty already is true, I think my personal aesthetic besides books, is to do with what appears to be natural, untainted or free of additives or anything like that or things which highlight the natural. I'm also a sort of minimalist.

So my ideal could be a Zen garden or forests and green pastures. I love the garden cities or academies in the Final Fantasy games, I love their aesthetic too, if there's got to be high rise modernism or futurism then they can translate it into reality.

There's also a complete beauty to slow, its difficult to really describe what I'm talking about here but when I've visited central European countries they can do this, the english speaking world can not. Also I think there's something beautiful or appreciable about socially conscious behaviour or ettiquette, good manners or honour, the Japanese Tea or Ethiopian Coffee ceremonials for instance.

Happiness also is beautiful, to see others having a good time or enjoying life or accomplishing things, the athlete who has won the race, the lottery winners or much more mundane things like children on their birthdays or at christmas time. Those sorts of things.