User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Ideal Beauty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Ideal Beauty

I want to hear about what represents ideal beauty to you. Something that represents what your deepest recognition of beauty, be it an object, an image, a poem, a person, or an idea.

If you have some ideas on beauty that you'd like to share, what it is to you, what it means, I'd love to hear it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Charlize Theron

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ

In terms of a physical object, I'm going to go with Japanese Maples...maybe that sounds very strange, but for some reason they stand out as an icon of ideal beauty in my mind.
    INFJ; 9w1 so/sp/sx; EII; RCOAI; Neutral Good

MBTI
    INTP

Equines

Mountains
    "It's never enough." The Cure

I'm selfish. I like beauty that's mine. To be clear, I don't believe that beauty is just a matter of perception, but rather an inherent characteristic. But, perception plays a role in recognition of beauty. Therefore, I particularly enjoy beauty that I am one of the few to recognize.

I like that moment of attraction to a person when certain attributes that wouldn't normally be considered appealing are all of a sudden revealed to be incredibly beautiful. It's an increadible feeling to feel that attracted to someone. I always feel bad for guys that become insecure about the attractiveness of their wife or girlfriend and concerned about what other people think.

Somewhere there's another thread that points out that people with a slight deviation from normally appealing characteristics are found more highly appealing than people without much deviation from normal appealing characteristics, but by fewer people.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

A window to the soul

William Baldwin is stunningly beautiful.

Ginkgo

Light. Because being able to see beauty is beautiful.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I find beauty in the abstract, in untouched nature, and in the simplicity of a form that follow function in a streamlined and elegant way.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a couple very ingrained ideals of beauty. One is the idea of something being representative of the universe in one of the ways conceptualize it. Sometimes it's a type of universal movement, microscopically chaotic, macroscopically structured. Or, it's something that is whole unto itself except for a flaw, a flaw that makes the whole something more than it could've been otherwise.

The other ideal I have is the object that is what it does without veneer, something like @Coriolis describes, a form the follows function.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Crows. The ocean. David Bowie. And, in typical weird INTP fashion, blood that has been spun down into serum is beautiful to me.