User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Ideal Beauty

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Nature. Yellowstone.

figsfiggyfigs

In humans, facial symmetry and dimorphism plays a huge part in how we perceive beauty. In objects and subjects, it is possibly more complex than inherent inclinations.

Regarding human beauty, You should all check this out. <-- all sort of little quizzes!

MBTI
    GONE

"I think the sun is a flower, That blooms for just one hour."

Calla Lillies

Children laughing

I think that when we encounter a spiritual type of beauty it reminds of experiencing the best parts of life or rather being in a certain state of being. If that makes sense. Things we find physically beautiful we can't help but be aesthetically appreciative of. Even the most unaesthetic person finds certain things or certain people physically beautiful. Things that are physically beautiful also remind us of ideals and what is possible in the world.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

The Aston Martin Vantage V12 is the best looking car in existence.

Yet still, I don't find it particularly all that. Gives my perceptual mind about fifty percent satisfaction to look at. The rest how ever I interpret as junk.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I also find the i-phone 4 beautiful to the same level as the Aston Martin Vantage V12. About fifty percent satisfaction.

The two of them are possibly the best looking object things I could recall off the top of my head.

Yet still, neither are anything near every thing. I would own them and get bored of them both quite easily for that reason.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Ugh, so hard!

Bonsai trees, a good-natured person, ocean, Planet Earth, particular artists paintings/drawings, a field of wild flowers, guys with shaggy black hair and brown eyes, a sensitive and caring person, the human spirit to be good in horrible circumstances, human anatomy, illustrations, a good sense of humor, antiques...
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Ideal beauty to me is in the eye of the beholder. I don't really think there is an ideal beauty though. The thought of finding the epitome of beauty saddens me, for I will never experience anything more beautiful.

I tend to find landscapes (when I'm not in them) and orchestral music to be exceptionally beautiful. In humans, I find a certain je ne sais quois to be the most beautiful thing.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Charlize Theron
    YUCK!
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Jumping off the chairlift in Vail, Colorado and looking out at the mountains: Stunning.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I find something beautiful about books:

I usually notice them in rooms, those Christopher Hitchens which someone linked a short time ago, I didnt watch them but I noticed stacks of books in the background.

I think that symmetary and what has been said about human beauty already is true, I think my personal aesthetic besides books, is to do with what appears to be natural, untainted or free of additives or anything like that or things which highlight the natural. I'm also a sort of minimalist.

So my ideal could be a Zen garden or forests and green pastures. I love the garden cities or academies in the Final Fantasy games, I love their aesthetic too, if there's got to be high rise modernism or futurism then they can translate it into reality.

There's also a complete beauty to slow, its difficult to really describe what I'm talking about here but when I've visited central European countries they can do this, the english speaking world can not. Also I think there's something beautiful or appreciable about socially conscious behaviour or ettiquette, good manners or honour, the Japanese Tea or Ethiopian Coffee ceremonials for instance.

Happiness also is beautiful, to see others having a good time or enjoying life or accomplishing things, the athlete who has won the race, the lottery winners or much more mundane things like children on their birthdays or at christmas time. Those sorts of things.