User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It sounds like a royal dose of F and P vs. T and J.
    How so? In terms of type, Socrates is often classified as ENTP as I've seen - and so is Aristotle(ENTX at least). I don't know what typology has to do with this.

I probably give this more thought than I should.

On one level I've got a gut reaction to say that life is worth living no matter what, I seriously revere life and reject death under almost all circumstances, I respect Socrates but complying with the sentence to drink the Hemlock is not something I would have done (perhaps this is an age and stage of development thing but anyhow). I am also more inclined to anger than despair so resignation under conditions of oppressive stress is unlikely too. So, difficult to conceive as it is, if somehow the opportunities for an examined life where limited or withdrawn, and this is difficult because even if its only personal introspection and internal dialogue its still possible, I could persist in living.

There is the other side of the equation, the hedonist who is sensually driven rather than cerebrally challenged or someone who is driven by their feelings and implusive, in so far as either of those things prevent self-mastery I could see Socrates condemning them. I would share that judgement. Its difficult to see how or in what guise this could be introduced and made to work on someone who consciously is on guard against it or perhaps is not on guard but is just living with a set of norms which are unreceptive to hedonism or emoting. However, if somehow that happened, like during a life crisis or as a result of trauma or head injury or brain injury, I would still consider life worth living.

There is a sense in which if you took this edict seriously it would become a sort of living will, as in DNR or if I'm brain injured "just euthenise me". Short of that, because I dont accept that, at least not for me personally, I can accept Socrates value judgement that thinking and judging are better ways to be and routes to self-mastery or a design for life.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Who gave either person the right to be the final arbiter on what makes a life worth living, or to claim what is the most unethical statement a man has ever made? Two peas in a pod.
    I want to know who needs to be granted the authority to make such an arbitration.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    How so? In terms of type, Socrates is often classified as ENTP as I've seen - and so is Aristotle(ENTX at least). I don't know what typology has to do with this.
    It is perhaps not typology in the shape of what you are in so much as traits he felt should be an objective for personal growth and development.

The implication of what he's saying seems to be TJ good and FP, not so much.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Geeze, I wonder what Jaguar will do with the population of people willing to play his games shrinking by the day
    In this circumstance, if Jaguar didn't point it out, I probably would have.. The way the post was worded, there is little differentiation between him insulting the entirety of those types based on his experience with them and.. well.. I can't think of how else he meant it honestly. Even if he did mean it another way, the wording is so off that there isn't much to go by except talking-down-to and insults.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    In this circumstance, if Jaguar didn't point it out, I probably would have.. The way the post was worded, there is little differentiation between him insulting the entirety of those types based on his experience with them and.. well.. I can't think of how else he meant it honestly. Even if he did mean it another way, the wording is so off that there isn't much to go by except talking-down-to and insults.
    It was never my objective. Just edited it to clarify:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1753169
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Geeze, I wonder what Jaguar will do with the population of people willing to play his games shrinking by the day
    I don't play games, Larky. You do.

Sniffles

Well so much for the discussion about Socrates.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think he has a list of pre arranged one liners.
    "Nice try."
    ''Try harder.''
    ''Is this the best you can do?''
    Despite the foreseeability of the pattern, it can be amusing when people take the bait.
    (He is gonna use a similar response to this post, and I won't bother replying.)
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think he has a list of pre arranged one liners.
    "Nice try."
    ''Try harder.''
    ''Is this the best you can do?''
    Despite the foreseeability of the pattern, it can be amusing when people take the bait.
    (He is gonna use a similar response to this post, and I won't bother replying.)
    Better luck next time.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.