User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    I don't dispute it. But religion is like a big trick. I bet babies aren't religious, in the classical sense of the word. Babies probably are reverent though. But in a certain way they're also irreverent, they're heretical. Maybe that's where heresy comes from, baby-like rebellion. God is like the great Father. God is like Hitler or Stalin, probably Stalin, cause you never see him. He works behind the secret curtain, sending his minions out to do everything.
    Most human gods are absolutely disgusting, deplorable creatures unworthy of reverence by anyone

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Most human gods are absolutely disgusting, deplorable creatures unworthy of reverence by anyone
    But what's an example of a human god? Also, what's an example of a human God, you have to capitalize it, it's God, even if it's disgusting you have to honor the reality by the capital G.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INTP

But what's an example of a human god? Also, what's an example of a human God, you have to capitalize it, it's God, even if it's disgusting you have to honor the reality by the capital G.
    False

God is a proper noun referring a single entity

I am referring to a number of gods greater than or equal to 2, so I cannot use this proper noun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

False

God is a proper noun referring a single entity

I am referring to a number of gods greater than or equal to 2, so I cannot use this proper noun
    Grammar doesn't apply in the God-world, plus, how come? Can't there be multiple Gods with the capital... why not capitalize everything, live life in caps-lock. Give it a try, maybe I'll take my own advice on that actually.

TRUE!!!!!

EDIT: also, you could say, greater than 1... a number of Gods greater than one. Unless u're a believer in the imaginary Gods, square root of two type gods, pi gods.. etc.
    RCUAI
    ---------

MBTI
    INTP

Grammar doesn't apply in the God-world, plus, how come? Can't there be multiple Gods with the capital... why not capitalize everything, live life in caps-lock. Give it a try, maybe I'll take my own advice on that actually.

TRUE!!!!!

EDIT: also, you could say, greater than 1... a number of Gods greater than one. Unless u're a believer in the imaginary Gods, square root of two type gods, pi gods.. etc.
    I believe that most gods are imaginary, so I am still right

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I believe that most gods are imaginary, so I am still right
    I knew you were right when I started, & gods are entirely imaginary... I was just clowning around with all that. Yes, gods are imaginary, but they can still bring amusement into one's life, if considered in their proper distinction. The first thing to remember about gods is that they're a lot like people.
    RCUAI
    ---------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kraska View Post
    You talk as if God was the one guiding the christian armies or the aztecs directly. You forget that there were people preaching not God Himself. It wasn't God that told the French and British to slauther the Muslims it was the pope and others that used God's name to manipulate and corrupt people in order to fulfill their agenda. The same thing goes for the Aztecs, Indians, Arabs and many other.
    So don't blame God for what people did in His name, guided by corrupt and greedy men.
    I didn't say God told anything, and that's exactly the point. How could people know what was the right thing to do?
    Anyways, I won't be able to convince you of anything, so I guess I should just let you have your opinion.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    intp

I would just like to point out that I, and many atheists, don't 'believe there is no god.' This position is (almost) as indefensible as the belief that there is a god. I have no beliefs, positive or otherwise, in any deity. I simply see no credible evidence supporting the idea of a god, and in the absence of evidence I tend to stick with the null hypothesis, and live under the assumption (for the sake of simplicity) that there is no god just as I assume that other things for which there is no evidence do not exist. Should new evidence be presented, I would adjust my thinking to match.

As for how it makes me feel or helps with my life, it does not. One has nothing to do with the other, kind of like your lack of belief in Thor does not affect these matters.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by dala View Post
    I would just like to point out that I, and many atheists, don't 'believe there is no god.' This position is (almost) as indefensible as the belief that there is a god. I have no beliefs, positive or otherwise, in any deity. I simply see no credible evidence supporting the idea of a god, and in the absence of evidence I tend to stick with the null hypothesis, and live under the assumption (for the sake of simplicity) that there is no god just as I assume that other things for which there is no evidence do not exist. Should new evidence be presented, I would adjust my thinking to match.

As for how it makes me feel or helps with my life, it does not. One has nothing to do with the other, kind of like your lack of belief in Thor does not affect these matters.
    Yeah, it's peculiar to me that people would think non-believing-in-God has some type of special effect in a person's life... it's not like we're lapsed believers / heretics, we just never saw the point in it, so there's nothing lost... I like the God literature though, the Revelations chapter is particularly awesome. I come as a thief indeed.
    RCUAI
    ---------

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Yeah you're right. That indirectly revealed my assumption of what an atheist would think as well. Probably someone that believes in logic and coolheaded reasoning wouldn't misinterpret a question so he could frame a rant. But still! I tried
    Logic and reason arent exclusive to either atheism or theism, although the style of debate that moves so quickly to dispute doesnt get an airing so much. Cheers for posting, I did read the entire post BTW.