User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

I'm not an atheist, but I think questioning things is good. Maybe that's not what Atheism is exactly, but it's at the core of it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've never thought about atheism, I've never thought about God either. I never believed in God even as a kid. & I went to church & all that. It just never even entered my thinking, the concept of God. I mean, where would He be? It's like the idea of the perfect father figure.... purely fantastical. My personality type is RCUAI, & one of the items on there is "atheistic/agnostic tendencies"... so I've just never bothered with the God scene.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Then, admittedly, your own personal filters are too strong and you have reframed what has been said with reference to your own internalised norms, values and beliefs.
    Well I'm actually Christian, I just like trying on different arguments. Defending the other's point of view, helps me scrutinize my own. But I suppose my atheist came on a bit strong, didn't he?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Well I'm actually Christian, I just like trying on different arguments. Defending the other's point of view, helps me scrutinize my own. But I suppose my atheist came on a bit strong, didn't he?
    Sophistry?

Anyway, it was the opening statement, it just seemed like the rest of the post was irrelevent because you'd reframed the question posed in line with the position you wished to take rather than respond to it as it was originally.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Sophistry?

Anyway, it was the opening statement, it just seemed like the rest of the post was irrelevent because you'd reframed the question posed in line with the position you wished to take rather than respond to it as it was originally.
    Yeah you're right. That indirectly revealed my assumption of what an atheist would think as well. Probably someone that believes in logic and coolheaded reasoning wouldn't misinterpret a question so he could frame a rant. But still! I tried

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kraska View Post
    I don't know about flying but I really feel good to know that there is a better place after death, where I can rest after all the crap I suffered here.
    To belive that there is nothing after death and that you suffer here for nothing is something I find really depresing.
    If denial helps you deal with the harsh realities of life, then power to you.
    Like I said, I can't lie to myself, so it wouldn't work for me.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kraska View Post
    I personally find atheism just live islamism or devoted christians a form of extremism comming from the misunderstanding of science.
    Just my opinion.
    How is atheism a form of extremism?

Atheism is the default state for a person

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    How is atheism a form of extremism?

Atheism is the default state for a person
    Lol, what do you mean by that question? Maybe babies are religious.

Atheism is very blank though. There's already enough of everything without bringing God into it.
    RCUAI
    ---------

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Lol, what do you mean by that question? Maybe babies are religious.

Atheism is very blank though. There's already enough of everything without bringing God into it.
    I would guess that the closest thing a baby has to religion is a reverence for the parental figure(s)

This may or may not be construed as religion

I do not consider parenthood to be a religion (though some may dispute this)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I would guess that the closest thing a baby has to religion is a reverence for the parental figure(s)

This may or may not be construed as religion

I do not consider parenthood to be a religion (though some may dispute this)
    I don't dispute it. But religion is like a big trick. I bet babies aren't religious, in the classical sense of the word. Babies probably are reverent though. But in a certain way they're also irreverent, they're heretical. Maybe that's where heresy comes from, baby-like rebellion. God is like the great Father. God is like Hitler or Stalin, probably Stalin, cause you never see him. He works behind the secret curtain, sending his minions out to do everything.
    RCUAI
    ---------