User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Nobel Prize in Physics 2011 was divided, one half awarded to Saul Perlmutter, the other half jointly to Brian P. Schmidt and Adam G. Riess "for the discovery of the accelerating expansion of the Universe through observations of distant supernovae".
    Ah ok thats intresting, so they have discovered an acceleration. That recent noble prize maybe let to some people saying recently that the universe was ever expanding and another big bang could never occur or in consequence has never occured. I find that a bit presumptious, since the distant events we observe happened way in the past and since supernovae explode circular, this no reason to assume for sure things dont move towards us as well.

So much speculation in that field recently, its like a gigantic puzzle
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ah ok thats intresting, so they have discovered an acceleration. That recent noble prize maybe let to some people saying recently that the universe was ever expanding and another big bang could never occur or in consequence has never occured. I find that a bit presumptious, since the distant events we observe happened way in the past and since supernovae explode circular, this no reason to assume for sure things dont move towards us as well.

So much speculation in that field recently, its like a gigantic puzzle
    We used to think gravity would slow the expansion of the universe, but instead of decelerating we find the expansion of the universe is accelerating.

Some say the accelerating expansion is due to dark energy. But all that means is that we don't know what is causing the expansion of the universe.

And the same applies to dark matter - we don't know what it is.

So if we add dark energy and dark matter, we have no idea of what ninety odd percent of the universe is.

I have always found that the truth, and my awareness of it, are quite useful things. And being able to admit to my ignorance is a necessary part of that. Being able to change my views and myself is also really useful.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

I'm a bit of a purist. Things that are as is are things I like. e.g. Someone who's speech pattern is to the point, people at work who do their jobs without adding extra unnecessary actions while completing a task

A lot of times more =/= better. Like rum raisin ice cream. IMO run raisin ice cream is better without the raisins.

Thinking of an imaginary being that created the universe or somehow affects this world is silly to me. It's like when your over controlling retarded boss tells you to do extra actions that are highly unnecessary in order to perform a task. It's bullshit because you can do it more efficiently if you shave off the useless parts of their description.

If you prove it exist I'll be inclined to believe it.
    Even better is if you disprove mine while proving your beliefs are real with incontestable evidence.

here's mine
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-universe.html

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Too lazy to link anything since I'm using my touch, but there are studies out there that show people who are not religious or less religious than the average tend to have more freedom judging things objectively, have a higher reading and writing level, and an overall improvement to their intelligence. So all this is a nice trade for ETERNITY IN HELLLLLL!!!!
    Backwards cause and effect?
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Child Rearing

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    So all this is a nice trade for ETERNITY IN HELLLLLL!!!!
    Hell is a cruel doctrine.

It is a doctrine explicity designed to evoke fear in children.

And fear is evoked in children to make them obey, to get them to submit to authority.

And making children fearful and submissive is part of the authoritarian form of child rearing.

A more advanced form of child rearing is the helping mode of child rearing where the child is helped to meet their life goals.

The authoritarian form of child rearing creates fearful and submissive children and adults, while the helping form of child rearing creates empathic and creative children and adults.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    I'm a bit of a purist. Things that are as is are things I like. e.g. Someone who's speech pattern is to the point, people at work who do their jobs without adding extra unnecessary actions while completing a task

A lot of times more =/= better. Like rum raisin ice cream. IMO run raisin ice cream is better without the raisins.

Thinking of an imaginary being that created the universe or somehow affects this world is silly to me. It's like when your over controlling retarded boss tells you to do extra actions that are highly unnecessary in order to perform a task. It's bullshit because you can do it more efficiently if you shave off the useless parts of their description.

If you prove it exist I'll be inclined to believe it.
    Even better is if you disprove mine while proving your beliefs are real with incontestable evidence.

here's mine
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-universe.html
    actually, i can prove it: harry potter is as real as science. this statement is 100% concrete truth, trust my word. or else, you are a fool!
    wait.. something went just. ah! yes, i mean god, not potter! potter is just jesus's little brother.
    imagination is a real as science, since our subjective understanding of sciency is only an imagination of how we believe the world to be.
    religions are primitive attempt of psychological development gone wrong. since truth is subjective, manipulating others into your views would only make them possibly hate life, instead of being sovereign thinkers.

christian: you know, there is a god!
    atheist: concrete proof?
    christian: uh.. i just know it!
    atheist: therefore god is not. (note, atheist took christians definition of god as correct, he now believes to know what a god is, and thus he believes all "gods" are exactly how he believes, based from christians pov.)

mh, if i start calling my intuition a god, then it is materialistically real god.
    just, not what you think
    btw, i believe in transformers. just last night, i felt them mating, for real! i also thought i watched a science doc today, but i only imagined it. in real, i listened it and thought i watched it. was surprised when i noticed i actually didnt watch it, but were eating instead. love Ne! ^_^

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    actually, i can prove it: harry potter is as real as science. this statement is 100% concrete truth, trust my word. or else, you are a fool!
    wait.. something went just. ah! yes, i mean god, not potter! potter is just jesus's little brother.
    imagination is a real as science, since our subjective understanding of sciency is only an imagination of how we believe the world to be.
    religions are primitive attempt of psychological development gone wrong. since truth is subjective, manipulating others into your views would only make them possibly hate life, instead of being sovereign thinkers.

christian: you know, there is a god!
    atheist: concrete proof?
    christian: uh.. i just know it!
    atheist: therefore god is not. (note, atheist took christians definition of god as correct, he now believes to know what a god is, and thus he believes all "gods" are exactly how he believes, based from christians pov.)

mh, if i start calling my intuition a god, then it is materialistically real god.
    just, not what you think
    btw, i believe in transformers. just last night, i felt them mating, for real! i also thought i watched a science doc today, but i only imagined it. in real, i listened it and thought i watched it. was surprised when i noticed i actually didnt watch it, but were eating instead. love Ne! ^_^
    God is still not proven......
    Then again I'm not even atheist to begin with. I'm techically agnostic

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm sure someone has already said this, but even though I think atheism probably leads to a less fulfilling life, that doesn't mean it's wrong. As a Christian, I obviously think that it's wrong, but not because it could theoretically lead to an unfulfilling life.

By the way, I don't want to get into a discussion right now about Christianity. Stay on topic or DIE.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by gmanyo View Post
    I'm sure someone has already said this, but even though I think atheism probably leads to a less fulfilling life, that doesn't mean it's wrong. As a Christian, I obviously think that it's wrong, but not because it could theoretically lead to an unfulfilling life.

By the way, I don't want to get into a discussion right now about Christianity. Stay on topic or DIE.
    My life while I believed in God: Play lots of sports, listen to shitty music I didn't like, watch crappy movies, play the piano, go skateboarding.

My life after I stopped believing in God: Play lots of sports, Listen a lot of wonderful music I've never heard before and find something that really just makes my day and life much more fulfilling, Watch a wide range of inspiring movies with R ratings and movies that aren't rated, Learn about the movie rating system, play the piano, Lose my virginity and experience sex and explore my sexuality [it's a much deeper connection at times. Other times just something fun to pass the time with], skateboard, get drunk and meet awesome people at bars who's fulfilled many area's of my like.

Benefits from the bar include job offers, networking, finding out about the area, fun experiences, etc. etc..

Thinking deeper into myself and getting to know me instead of being what I think I'm supposed to be.

Dropping God was a very liberating thing. Life is so much better now.
    Knowing that I'm looking out for my fellow man because I'm a nice person is much more fulfilling than thinking I'm only being nice to people so I don't get fried in hell.