User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Not a little ball, but a singularity.
    If it were a singularity, it would be impossible for it to expand. But we know the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate, so we can conclude the universe did not begin in a singularity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kraska View Post
    I just wanted to know how exactlly does Atheism help you in your life? I mean how does it make you feel better to belive there is no God?

This is not meant to insult anybody but I'm just facinated about how some people can live without any kind of faith.
    I don't believe in things because it makes me feel good. That's what children do.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't believe in things because it makes me feel good. That's what children do.
    Amen.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Even assuming some force put that little ball there, we still have to answer -- what put THAT force there? This line of questioning leads to infinite regress.

I never understood why people were content stopping once they got to the God part of the regression... the same question applies all the way down.
    Ideed this leads to a serie of questions that can never find an answer. That's why I said that God is beyond our logical mind which is limited.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Ideed this leads to a serie of questions that can never find an answer. That's why I said that God is beyond our logical mind which is limited.
    Well isn't a question that leads to infinite regress kind of pointless, then? I don't see why pointless questions are evidence for God at all. "This question is set up so that it's impossible to answer" is way different from "this question is impossible to answer because God is beyond our understanding". That leap makes absolutely no sense to me.

It's like "what would happen if Pinocchio said 'my nose will grow'?" It's set up so that any answer is logically incorrect. How paradoxes are evidence for anything is beyond me.

By the way, did you know that this is a valid argument?
    I am good.
    I am not good.
    Therefore God exists.

Playing around with logic is just that... playing around.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Well isn't a question that leads to infinite regress kind of pointless, then? I don't see why pointless questions are evidence for God at all. "This question is set up so that it's impossible to answer" is way different from "this question is impossible to answer because God is beyond our understanding". That leap makes absolutely no sense to me.

It's like "what would happen if Pinocchio said 'my nose will grow'?" It's set up so that any answer is logically incorrect. How paradoxes are evidence for anything is beyond me.

By the way, did you know that this is a valid argument?
    I am good.
    I am not good.
    Therefore God exists.

Playing around with logic is just that... playing around.
    I don't understand why do you consider that this question leads to regress? I find it more of a qustion that leads to others without any king of regress or progress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I just wanted to know how exactlly does Atheism help you in your life? I mean how does it make you feel better to belive there is no God?
    Atheism doesn't make me feel anything. It's just the most logical conclusion. I can't believe in something simply because I like the way it makes me feel. Otherwise, I'd believe that I was independently wealthy and having a torrid love affair with David Bowie. That would make me feel good, but it's not true.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

This is not meant to insult anybody but I'm just facinated about how some people can live without any kind of faith.
    Contrary question: How does faith help you in your life ?

Is the belief in a God or a christian community better than the belief in one self, ones family or an idea ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Contrary question: How does faith help you in your life ?

Is the belief in a God or a christian community better than the belief in one self, ones family or an idea ?
    It helps me by giving me hope that my life is not just a program that simply acts according some comands given by the physical body. It gives me hope that I won't die and everything will finish just like some useless body.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

How many cycles of living across time and space does alchemical transformation create the creator who no longer partakes of the illusion within the illusion of the illusion?