User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 202

  1. #111
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Hrm. Okay.

    If you believe Peguy represents G, can you provide an example of an individual that represents B to you, for the sake of comparison?

    ^Let this scale represent religious individuals sorted by degree of open- to close-mindedness by your standards.
    Will this suffice for a comparison?

    [youtube="vEX5vsU4-SI"]G[/youtube]
    vs.
    [youtube="M2Wf2w1HnBA"]B[/youtube]

    Yeah there's a subtle joke involved here LOL!

  2. #112
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Good or Silly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraska View Post
    I just wanted to know how exactlly does Atheism help you in your life? I mean how does it make you feel better to belive there is no God?

    This is not meant to insult anybody but I'm just facinated about how some people can live without any kind of faith.
    Atheism is just as silly as theism, for no one can prove God doesn't exist anymore than anyone can prove God does exist.

  3. #113
    Member Kraska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    INTJ
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Proof that I have is that when you die, you stop moving and talking, and your body decomposes. And after you are buried in the ground, you are never heard from by anybody else (not in a way that can be empirically proven).

    Now your turn. What proof do you have of the afterlife?

    If you wish to discuss the topic of reality, I must insist we stick to things that can be proven and NOT things that CANNOT be disproven, because at that point the discussion of what is real becomes moot, because for all you know, what you are reading right now is just a figment of your imagination.

    If faith in something that cannot be disproven helps you sleep at night, well, ignorance is bliss, and happy dreams to you. But whenever I gamble in a casino, I only bet on the numbers that I can see, otherwise I will surely go home empty handed.
    What makes the cells that make the human body move?

  4. #114
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    agnostiscm>athiesm. Athiesm is more inclined to think there tehre is no god seeing as the word in greek is (without god" i dont wanna hear bs of my arguement being a strawman arguement. The only logical beleif is the beleif that anyhting is possible. Because you woudnt know otherwise
    1+1=3 OMFG

  5. #115
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,778

    Default

    one day scientist will prove or disprove the existence of god, not for a thousand years probably. so til than no point in debates like this
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #116
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    one day scientist will prove or disprove the existence of god, not for a thousand years probably. so til than no point in debates like this
    they are trying to do this. The mainstream scientific comunity has always saught a foundation to all matter.. a sign at the edge of space that says ( this is the end of space). They call this the godparticle, but is complete bs. As scientists probs through more matter the only thing is evident, more matter
    1+1=3 OMFG

  7. #117
    Member Kraska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    INTJ
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    one day scientist will prove or disprove the existence of god, not for a thousand years probably. so til than no point in debates like this
    I don't think human kind will resist that long. Scientists can't even say what was before the Big Bang and our resources are running low fast.

  8. #118
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    agnostiscm>athiesm. Athiesm is more inclined to think there tehre is no god seeing as the word in greek is (without god" i dont wanna hear bs of my arguement being a strawman arguement. The only logical beleif is the beleif that anyhting is possible. Because you woudnt know otherwise
    I often call myself an agnostic, but I agree with what you've said only in the broadest of contexts. I can tolerate panentheism. I can tolerate the notion that there may be a God in the sense of a being that exists totally outside of what we understand to constitute evidence (though of course there is no way to provide even the slightest evidence that such a God exists). But the more restricted god is to physics and space-time, the less plausible it is.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #119
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraska View Post
    Scientists can't even say what was before the Big Bang [...].
    Which makes a lot of sense if was the beginning.

  10. #120
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Atheism is not inherently good or bad

    Faith is quite important

    Faith in the supernatural is, I believe, misplaced and in error
    /thread
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] Who is a good partner for the female ISTP ???
    By blucie in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 05-16-2015, 08:43 AM
  2. Why I think Libertarians having a good showing this election year is a good thing
    By ygolo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 01:32 PM
  3. Why is it good that God exists?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 11:13 PM
  4. Eri is a good Mom
    By Domino in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO