First 12

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Falcarius would consider being childless for a whole bunch of reasons but economic reasons are not one.
    I will remain childless but not for economical reasons. I have personal reasons for that.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Absolutely. If I knew I didn't have enough money to afford children I wouldn't have them in the first place. I wouldn't want to expose my children to less than desirable living conditions. It also wouldn't be fair to my husband and I wouldn't want to suffer either.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ That number is way under estimated.. unless you're living extremely meagerly and never buy the kid anything outside essentials for most of its life.. And it never has to go to the doctors.. or breaks anything.. or goes to stellar schools.. or pre-schools.. and someone sprung the bill for its delivery..

But with that said.. People find a way to make things happen all of the time. Would you feel your child would be less satisfied with you as a parent unless you made enough money to shower it in what it wants and needs? We lived a very poor life growing up, but.. I still highly enjoyed my childhood. Surely economics isn't all that holds you back?
    I read somewhere that its around 1 million dollars. I think that's from birth until adulthood.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Absolutely. If I knew I didn't have enough money to afford children I wouldn't have them in the first place. I wouldn't want to expose my children to less than desirable living conditions. It also wouldn't be fair to my husband and I wouldn't want to suffer either.
    Curiosity, what do you consider less than desirable?

I read somewhere that its around 1 million dollars. I think that's from birth until adulthood.
    That'd be around 50k a year.. That number seems a little harsh, until you throw in the cost of education outside of the free public learning if your child goes on to an expensive facility.. in which case, it is definitely on target.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

The reality is I'm in a very promising relationship and I can tell you that our shared timeline is largely impacted by the state of the economy.

IOW, I am currently childless and probably will be for the next few years because of this. It makes me sad, but I'm not going to throw a pity party. Just gonna keep truckin.

If for some reason my lot does not improve or worsens, I would not have children because it would feel irresponsible. I don't *just* want to be a parent, I want to be a good parent and being able to provide is part of that.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

[QUOTE=SuchIrony;1753246]Absolutely. If I knew I didn't have enough money to afford children I wouldn't have them in the first place. I wouldn't want to expose my children to less than desirable living conditions. It also wouldn't be fair to my husband and I wouldn't want to suffer either.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Curiosity, what do you consider less than desirable?
    Not being able to provide a comfortable means of living. By comfortable I mean having a roof under ones head, enough food and clothing, basic utilities, and not having constant anxiety about making these ends meet.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Well that takes eating the child if you get too hungry out of the calculation.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"