Enneagram
    5w4

It starts with an "S" and rhymes with "rubstitute."

Give up?

*tickle*

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    There are too many different kinds of good person to name. Moreover, we all have the capability to be good, and at different times in our lives have different levels of goodness, if you will.

But traits that I personally admire are:

The ability to be compassionate not only toward others, but also and especially toward oneself.
    Independence.
    Honesty, i.e. the courage to put oneself out there genuinely.
    Critical thinking.
    A sense of humor.
    Silliness.
    A sense of wonder and imagination.
    Mellowness.
    Courage in general.
    Agreed 100%.

MBTI
    INTP

Someone who is offended by nothing and has no inhibition to stop them talking about anything.
    Someone who puts a meanlingless chat with a friend above an important popularity-enhancing endeavour.
    Someone who will help you pick on and make of anybody not in the room.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

has respect for others and self
    honest
    not overly selfish
    doesn't do harm to others
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    JIxT

My conclusion when interpreting good to mean having ability.

The cold, efficient, Machiavellian manipulatist who puppeteers the environment to his bidding. This requires complete self-control over emotions, thought, expressions, and language. Also requires knowledge of human thought processes, sophism, understanding of emotions, and reading expressions. Therefore self-control and knowledge are the traits with the most potential for independent ability and success.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Someone who is Christlike.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    has respect for others and self
    honest
    not overly selfish
    doesn't do harm to others
    ditto

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I am influenced by Socrates and Aristotle in my idea of what a good person is.

- Someone who seeks the truth, denying their own beliefs or opinions until properly compared to others. So many people around me are married to their own beliefs (often spoon-fed to them by their parents) before they have even heard other options.

- Someone who shows open concern for others, even willing to postpone some of their own happiness in order to benefit others.

- Someone who believes in the necessity of ethics and morality.

- Unconditional love.
    I thought Aristotle believed in moderation. For example, too much courage is just as bad as too little. Unconditional love (I guess depending on your definition) may become unbridled. Also, putting aside your well being for others is an extreme.

To a degree, I believe that a good person will be truth seeking. Plato believed that to judge morality and what is ‘good’, one had to have training in logic and rational thinking. In other words, the mind of a ‘good person’ had to be in complete harmony with itself, no conflict between thoughts and ideas, so that they could judge what was moral/good, and then act to address the issue. He believed that only philosophers had the training and capacity to do this, and thus only philosophers should lead the city-state.

In some ways, I agree with Plato. To be a good person and to know what is good vs bad/moral vs immoral, one must have a clear and completely rational mind to decide for themselves. Plato was obsessed with defining the ideal mind. What would it be like in there? His works are incredibly interesting, albeit excessive at times.

MBTI
    INTP

In my opinion, a good human being, is an individual, who seeks knowledge, primarily for it's own sake; who avoids making close-minded moral judgements, has the ability to laugh at themselves, and can, baring extenuating circumstances, keep promises. Also someone who exhibits patience, and finally an individual who, to paraphrase Nietzsche, will save others from shame -- even if it leads to their own. Hold on a minute, I knew I’d forgotten one attribute, somebody that can recite, verbatim, the lyrics to at least three Monty Python songs.
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intense—to love as if each design-hour will be the last.

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Samuel Beckett - The Unnamable

MBTI
    INTP

headhurts you have a nice avatar, do you have a favourite Dylan album?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    It starts with an "S" and rhymes with "rubstitute."

Give up?

*tickle*
    A Syphilitic Prostitute
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intense—to love as if each design-hour will be the last.

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Samuel Beckett - The Unnamable