INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Infinite numbers... easy as 22/7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    I don't think i have to? you didn't disprove it you just listed a bunch of things, with no philosophical insight whatsoever. Please try again:P This is a philosophical subject deeper than math, equations don't philosphicaly speak for themselves
    I didn't disprove what?

You said .9repeating = 1 is both true and not true. That is false.

I have no comment on the rest of your philosophical musings because I don't really understand them.

Permabanned

there can only be one reality according to one perception.

The .999_ is expanding infinitly in all directions (a sphere), from an outside perspective, your observation uppon the .999_ (or electron when refering to the double slit experiment) would make it 1 with your time, while the inside is functioning on it's own time. It's why observation makes our physical dimention interact with the electron in the double slit experiment, Without our observation on it/our time acting upon it, physical matter manifested in our dimention doesn't interact with it, it is non existant to the electron. The time is irrelevant.

IMO
    :P
    Why limit your insight to just time? What other natural phenomena does this apply to?

(Idk yet, time is the most obvious..but surely not the only one?)

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

You said .9repeating = 1 is both true and not true. That is false.
    And it's also true, depending on how you look at it.

The question becomes then: how can something be both true and false? It's weird, but, somethings are both true and false, depending on how you look at them..or rather where you're looking from. Science proves this in the real world, as much as science can prove anything. Another interesting question: through what medium do we look at anything? If we could establish that, could we then establish what a mediumless perspective would like?

Time, I think, is just one barrier towards a mediumless (or perspectiveless or universaless) medium/ perspective/ universe. Certainly time isn't the end all and be all of the universe. Biology seems to transcend time, or at least manipulates it. I'm sure people can come up with others..lol.

What I'm interested in is what practical applications does this reality promise?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    And it's also true, depending on how you look at it.
    You are using definitions that would be rejected by the academic community. A proposition is either true or false, not both. That's just the way it works.

If you want to define it otherwise, that's fine... maybe this thread just isn't for me.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

You are using definitions that would be rejected by the academic community. A proposition is either true or false, not both. That's just the way it works.

If you want to define it otherwise, that's fine... maybe this thread just isn't for me.
    you already said you didn't understand the philosophy behind what was proposed, no use making judgment calls on something you havn't completly perceived.
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Why limit your insight to just time? What other natural phenomena does this apply to?

(Idk yet, time is the most obvious..but surely not the only one?)
    Not sure if i get where you want me to get going.... but it applies to all life.

the .999_ can represent any enclosed system (tomato, human, expanding universe) which is growing, the inner componants are of an indefinite number, but on the outside it is just perceived as 1.

not sure what you want since i don't know anyhting besides time:P but maybe on a bigger picture, everything is interconnected through magnitism/ or a stringlike substance(lol). I don't know. But i know behind th 1 divided by 3 has major significance not only because of common sense, but because Telsa even said "If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe." i'll be forever researching. 1 divided by 3 is .333, .666, .999. aka the trinity. really interesting
    1+1=3 OMFG

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Yes. When you divide 1 into three, you get the trinity, triforce, triunity. in the beggining there was nothing, but somehow that nothing was infinite nothingness which it's existance equalls everything. It's why the triangle with an eye is such a popular symbol, the triangle = the trinity and theyi are all infinitly 1, hense the eye of infinity in the middle. It goes on but yeh, you get the point. Interesting shit they will never teach you in school
    Geometary in service of the grand high architect of all

Permabanned

Actually, not really. Higher academia is full of examples where something is true or false, depending. It's both true, and false, that an object is moving at a certain speed depending on where you are in relation to that object. Depending on your frame of reference, your perspective, the universe from which you are looking at something, that thing's nature is different. Is it "two different things" or is it "the same thing, interpreted in two different ways by our perception"?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Actually, not really. Higher academia is full of examples where something is true or false, depending. It's both true, and false, that an object is moving at a certain speed depending on where you are in relation to that object. Depending on your frame of reference, your perspective, the universe from which you are looking at something, that thing's nature is different. Is it "two different things" or is it "the same thing, interpreted in two different ways by our perception"?
    That's not really a good example, because in that case, the truth of the statement is predicated on relative velocity, which means before you can call it true or false, you need to define the observer's velocity.

With .9repeating = 1, there is no variable condition to predicate the truth or falsehood. They are literally synonyms -- they refer to exactly the same concept.