• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is LOGIC the ultimate authority?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nothing is the ultimate authority.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nothing is the ultimate authority.

Except for boobs ! No wait you were a female, werent you :D

I have to make a list:

- ICUP: female
- Lark: not american

God damn my head is full of so much information one day it will just implode with one clunk twitch :D

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Except for boobs ! No wait you were a female, werent you :D

I have to make a list:

- ICUP: female
- Lark: not american

God damn my head is full of so much information one day it will just implode with one clunk twitch :D

At least you're paying attention to the social dynamics around here. ;) That's more than I can say most of the time.
In normal istp fashion, I'm too busy thinking about boobs. So yea, you can mark down that it's okay to make a boob comment towards me. ;)
I also think anyone who wouldn't feel comfortable with a boob comment, needs to take a big fucking chill pill. :chillpill:
Then again, I'm sure some people are thinking that about me :laugh:
People are strange.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
At least you're paying attention to the social dynamics around here. ;) That's more than I can say most of the time.
In normal istp fashion, I'm too busy thinking about boobs. So yea, you can mark down that it's okay to make a boob comment towards me. ;)
I also think anyone who wouldn't feel comfortable with a boob comment, needs to take a big fucking chill pill. :chillpill:
Then again, I'm sure some people are thinking that about me :laugh:
People are strange.

Hahaha, I love you :)

Nicodemus

The Police is the ultimate authority:

Poets, priests and politicians
Have words to thank for their positions
Words that scream for your submission
And no one's jamming their transmission
And when their eloquence escapes you
Their logic ties you up and rapes you.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ultimate authority is a housefly in Alabama.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Another way of determining that logic isnt the ultlimate authority is simply to realize that not everything is logical. Looking around, its clear that some things are inherently illogical, but thats the way they are. So, clearly, they are appealing to an authority that isn't logic (as far as we can tell). That alone lets you dismiss logics ultimate authority.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looking around, its clear that some things are inherently illogical, but thats the way they are.

Is it?

I mean, if you believe in materialism and cosmic determinism, then absolutely everything can be described in logical terms, even if we don't see it yet. The question is, can something that can be described by logic be called inherently illogical? Since logic is nothing more than a means of analysis, I'd say that anything that can be captured with logical terms is in a sense logical.

xisnotx

Permabanned
"as far as we can tell"
some things are, as far we can tell, inherently illogical..or rather, arbitrary. One day, perhaps, everything shall reveal itself to be inherently logical, but as it is today, its only reasonable to conclude that logic isnt the sole authority.

sleepy

It's silly to think there is an ultimate authority. But if I where to indulge my fantasy for a bit, I'd say it is chaos, or dare I say randomness. This is the one thing every human fear, there deep down in the pit.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
i have decided that this is irrelevant to ask.

This is logical.

+2

Is it? I mean, if you believe in materialism and cosmic determinism...

Let's leave the stupid people out of this.

It's silly to think there is an ultimate authority. But if I where to indulge my fantasy for a bit, I'd say it is chaos, or dare I say randomness. This is the one thing every human fear, there deep down in the pit.

I like your post, cuz it gets it half right.

The problem is, it forgets the other half: that, in every human being, deep down in their soul, there is hope that there is order.