First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    She's listed as INTJ on greenlight wiki, and someone I know who talks to her said she's INTJ..
    Okay, not going to argue on it. I must have heard wrong.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    We need to personify Logic, maybe.
    Would the statement in the OP works better if "Logic" was replaced with "God"?

MBTI
    INTJ

As we all know, any given person is likely to assert their dominant judging function as the maker of all choices. As we all actually know too, any given person is as well subject to some complex unconscious elements. Any ultimate authority will probably have to live up to those various expectations. A TP for example might be tempted to identify himself as different from god by observing that logical determinations significantly outline for him how he may observe everything, but he'll hand authority back to god by virtue of deference to roles.

That popular hoohaa about all people having a God-shaped hole inside them waiting to be filled? People will call their unconscious all manner of strange things and some external device that idealises the completion of that world is the least of them.

Thus, the ultimate authority is... you.

That's right, bitches. I just said the ultimate authority is a sense of internal rightness that approves action. ULTIMATE AUTHORITY IS UNCONSCIOUS Fi!!!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE UNCONSCIOUS Fi, YOU ARE A LESION ON THE FACE OF HUMANITY YOU ARE THE ANCIENT ENEMY!!!
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works.
    Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
    Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind.

Yo mamma, Kalach.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    As we all know, any given person is likely to assert their dominant inwardly-focused judging function as the maker of all choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Thus, the ultimate authority is... you.
    Yes. Ultimately, we can control only our own actions.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

My God, two of you?!?!

You're really making us a look like a bunch of fucking solipsists...

I am repudiating my old teachings, children...

"There is a real world!"

Use your inferior Se!

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Would the statement in the OP works better if "Logic" was replaced with "God"?
    For some people. It was actually a lame reference to a former forum member who died a tragic, logical death.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Yo mamma, Kalach.
    +1 The ultimate authority is Kalach's mother.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Definately not. Because otherwise i would be bowing down to it now, which i am not.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTJ

What I'm saying is people will tend to ascribe to god any power that they are perforce interested in but don't control well. God will control it well. Meanwhile, we'll differentiate ourselves from god in terms of what we do control. And we'll boggle at what connection there might be between these two realms of authority. Which is to say, we'll wonder at our relationship to Deity Aloft.

Thus, if "this [logic] is now the ultimate power in the universe", god dies. Or grabs us with an invisible hand from across the room. One or the other. And it is vital to know which because in some sense we know it must be both. There must be some sense in which logic is ultimate, for that is how we guide ourselves, be it feeling or thinking logic. And there must also be some sense in which logic is not ultimate, for along with logic there will also be some terribly important thing which we cannot guide, thinking or feeling, both in the illogic form.

Which is not to say there is no god. Just that god might be Darth Vader...

After all,

''I AM YOUR FATHER!"

And he was a Jedi once. Jedi don't say that stuff just for kicks, even when they're Sith.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr