• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harvesting the Now

Mole

Permabanned
I had a satisfying experience in the Uni library today. I was reading Quadrant magazine on the first floor and when I put the magazine down I looked out the window at the tall green birch trees and I started to slip into the now.

I was a little surprised and pulled back and started reading Quadrant again but then I put the magazine down and let now come to me.

I didn't have to do anything only let now come. And the more I paid attention to now the bigger it grew.

And everything around me started to be now.

I was relaxed and interested. And it was quite pleasurable so I went downstairs and had a Korean meal, still remaining in the now.

A phrase kept recurring to my mind and it was, "harvesting the now".

It was as though there was no need for me to do any planting - the now was already there - ready for the harvest - the harvest of now.

I thought it was a bit like harvesting wild rice - harvesting the now.

Victor.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very cool, Victor.

It's hard for future-minded / big-picture people to slip Zen-like into the Now and merely experience and be one with the moment, rather than constantly leaping ahead into a world that does not yet exist. To momentarily turn off "conscious thought/analysis" and be aware of oneself as part of the world/moment.

But I think it is part of growth and helps us be more effective long-term ... and enjoy life more too.

Mole

Permabanned
Stepping Out

Very cool, Victor.

It's hard for future-minded / big-picture people to slip Zen-like into the Now and merely experience and be one with the moment, rather than constantly leaping ahead into a world that does not yet exist. To momentarily turn off "conscious thought/analysis" and be aware of oneself as part of the world/moment.

But I think it is part of growth and helps us be more effective long-term ... and enjoy life more too.

What is really interesting is that the neurologists tell us there is a part of the brain dedicated to what comes next. And if it damaged through trauma, then the person lives in a constant now, from which they can't escape.

However it is possible to learn to turn off that part of the brain that knows what comes next and live for a while in the now. But, very imporantly, be able to turn on that part of the brain which knows what comes next.

In deliberately turning off, 'what comes next', is at first quite freightening because we are very vulnerable when we don't know what is coming next. So it is important to turn off that part of the brain in a safe place, like a library.

But once you get over your freight, guess what. Everything comes as a surprise. Everything is completely fresh and new.

Everything is a suprise and if you are in a safe place, everything is a delightful surprise.

So you are invited to a surprise party whenever you want - whenever you learn to turn off that part of your brain that knows what is coming next.

And the main problem with learning this is that we take it for granted.

So we need to step outside the given or the taken for granted - we need to become ecstatic.

'Course, as you know, ecstasy is the Ancient Greek word meaning, stepping outside the given or taken for granted.

Would you care to step out?

Victor.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sounds pretty fucking cool, Vic.

"Marge, I just realized something! I am the OW in the word . . . NOW." ~Homer J. Simpson

Mole

Permabanned
Wow!

Sounds pretty fucking cool, Vic.

"Marge, I just realized something! I am the OW in the word . . . NOW." ~Homer J. Simpson

What's interesting is that I have a friend who is reading, "The Power of Now".

This book has hit the best seller lists, is on Oprah Winfrey and was even taken to goal by Paris Hilton.

As we speak, there is nothing more cool than, "The Power of Now", just as there is no one more suggestible than myself.

So it is the Power of Now together with the Power of Suggestion that led all the way to the first floor of the Uni library and now.

Wow!

Victor.