User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A TypoC guide to philosophy for intelligent people?

Senior Member Array professor goodstain's Avatar

i know it's almost like voodoo. but...Intelligent Design.
    even wikipedia hasn't crapped it up yet.
    Last edited by professor goodstain; 11-22-2011 at 01:53 AM. Reason: e to an a
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

I'm doing a masters in philosophy

The standard place to go is the stanford encyclopedia of philosophy. They've got most things covered there. However, if you're impatient, you may not want to weave through all those details. Perhaps a podcast would be better, since you can hear some discussion without all the unnecessary machinery? There was an enfp poster here who used to post here, but banned himself because he didn't want to deal with the 'drama' (which he often just made for himself); he posted a link to a philosophy podcast here. I never tried it myself though

PS. Try some metaphysics! It's such a broad region of philosophy, but a lot of it doesn't get covered at an undergrad level. It's not for everybody, but I enjoy it. There are different brands of metaphysics too, so there's probably something there for you.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

There is an NPR show called Philosophy talk (based out of Stanford). I usually found that interesting.

I think there is an introducing metaphysics book somewhere in my home. Perhaps when I get organized, I will find it.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield