User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default What does fun mean to you?

    To me, it refers to something that gives me pleasure, that I could do for long periods of time without getting tired of it. 'Fun' activities are those that have me so immersed in it that I lose track of time.

    What's your personal definition of fun?

    For me, the things I consider 'fun' are not stereotypical. Lots of people see 'fun' as something similar to a wild party or a carnival. For me, it's the quieter things, like reading a really good book, or going on this forum.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  2. #2
    Senior Member Tiger Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Solitude, wilderness, everything on the line. Life is monotony unless you are not sure you will still be living it in a few minutes.

    I also have fun being around my wife and kids. They balance me out.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

  3. #3
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Similar to yours; it's something you enjoy. It's silly when people use it to mean big parties and lots of people. I assume that's what they're doing when they say things like "I'm the kind of person who likes to have fun" in personal ads, etc. Yawn. No shit, you think people who prefer smaller groups or quieter activities must dislike having fun?

  4. #4

    Default

    Fun means I enjoyed it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    For me, the things I consider 'fun' are not stereotypical. Lots of people see 'fun' as something similar to a wild party or a carnival. For me, it's the quieter things, like reading a really good book, or going on this forum.
    Same here. Although it might just be my general anxiety about the "real world".

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Similar to yours; it's something you enjoy. It's silly when people use it to mean big parties and lots of people. I assume that's what they're doing when they say things like "I'm the kind of person who likes to have fun" in personal ads, etc. Yawn. No shit, you think people who prefer smaller groups or quieter activities must dislike having fun?


    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

  6. #6
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default

    How many of these "What does [insert word] mean to you?"-threads do we need? They are quite tiresome. We already have one for "Wisdom" and one for "Truth".

  7. #7
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    What's your personal definition of fun?
    FUN is a STATE OF MIND.

    Once you achieve it, everything thereafter is FUN.

    Believe it.



    -Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  8. #8
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524
    Are we having fun yet?

    Let me entertain you.

    Let me distract you from your job, your studies and your family. But most of all, let me distract you from yourself.

    Now don't be selfish, don't think only of yourself, and don't forget a shellfish is just a selfish fish, so don't be a selfish little fish, remember girls only want to have fun and come and laugh and giggle and have fun with us.

  9. #9
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    How many of these "What does [insert word] mean to you?"-threads do we need? They are quite tiresome. We already have one for "Wisdom" and one for "Truth".
    If you don't like it, then don't post here.

    Fun, wisdom, and truth are all different from each other. It's not like this thread is redundant.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  10. #10
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    If you don't like it, then don't post here.

    Fun, wisdom, and truth are all different from each other. It's not like this thread is redundant.
    If we are going to discuss every word that has even a tinge of subjectiveness about its meaning we might as well create a semantics sub-forum to keep the turds contained.

Similar Threads

  1. What Does Insecurity Mean To You?
    By Epiphany in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 12:05 AM
  2. [JCF] What does concrete mean to you?
    By Snow Turtle in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 09:52 AM
  3. "Success" in a career--What does it mean to you?
    By ygolo in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO