User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Default Devil/Satan Worshipers

What's your views, options about the devil/Satan worshipers? Do you know anybody like that? Are you a devil worshiper? Just curious.

Backstory: Today at my youth group meetings there was a girl who was dating a boy just because he was hot, and it surprised me that she still dated him even after she knew he worshiped the devil. (Most of the kids live in a ghetto environment, so they have it pretty rough.)

She even believed in god and everything, and she's only dating him because he's cute/hot. He wouldn't come to the youth group thing, I'm glad that he didn't, but them I kind of wanted to meet to find out what he was like, and maybe see if we could talk to him about it, the girl said he wouldn't tell her why he worshiped the devil or anything.

kind of suspicious, I think.

Sniffles

How old is he? Very often young people will get involved with this type of stuff as a form of teenage rebellion.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    How old is he? Very often young people will get involved with this type of stuff as a form of teenage rebellion.
    Well, she was 14, he was probably 14-16, in High School. And, I think it would also be very likely that it would just be a rebellion thing, especially in the environment he lives in.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceskye View Post
    Well, she was 14, he was probably 14-16, in High School. And, I think it would also be very likely that it would just be a rebellion thing, especially in the environment he lives in.
    Given his age, I would probably think so. There are of course serious adult Satanists, most famously within the Church of Satan:
    [youtube="WfUhoHc-HB8"]Church of Satan[/youtube]

But there are different kinds of Satanists. One of the more interesting examples I can think of concerns the Kurdish sect called the Yazidis, which honours Satan as a loyal servant of God, who was restored to honour after a period of time of seperation from God due to his disobedience - IIRC(forgive me I'm citing from vague memories of reading about this years ago).

I think there two types of Satanic worshipers. Gibbering retards, also possibly into sniffing glue, backyard wrestling, and stabbing themselves with sharp sticks. If you actually believed in Satan, then there's really no valid reason to worship him other than being stupid. The second group of people use Satan as a symbol for independence. They are just atheists usurping a symbol and engaging in an elaborate troll attempt.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yea, one of my first boyfriends was a "devil-worshipper". It was pretty lame. Many kids do this for shock value. They aren't seriously doing it, and don't really know what it's about.
    Rebellious kids tend to go through phases where they either know a devil-worshipper, or are little wanna-be devil-worshippers.
    I think it happens also in nice areas, not just ghettos. My S.O. is from a higher-class area, and he also had a friend who was a devil-worshipper. It tends to happen around 13-15 or so.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP

I think people admire the character of Satan for the same reason they admire Prometheus, for the power he leaves to humanity.

This upsets the god(s), he is punished, and we are "free"

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Peguy, I really liked the video, it was very interesting. I actually didn't really know what Satanist's did for rituals and what they believed in so that really gave me info! At first the clips of them worshiping and doing rituals seemed to be out of a movie, but it's real..

So I think the kid really is just trying to shock or draw attention. I would never go to Satanism, I'm a Christian, but I do find it interesting. (It also kind of scares me.)

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I think people admire the character of Satan for the same reason they admire Prometheus, for the power he leaves to humanity.

This upsets the god(s), he is punished, and we are "free"
    That's a very good point actually. Once bound, Prometheus declares his hatred for all the gods, to which Hermes replies: "It appears you have been stricken with no small madness."

That's another important point to keep in mind.

Riva

Default From where did Satan originate in literature?

Is it from the old testament of before that?
    Most common interpretation of Satan is that of a person who is evil and wishes evil upon others.

Lucifer's Rebellion

Some literature (more complicated) interprets Satan as a person who rebels against God.
    It is not known to me what he rebels against.
    Is it because God made man in the image of him?
    or because God is pure/good and Satan is evil therefore a clash is beliefs and needs?

Or

Because he believed he could rebel against god and win? Thereby proving God is not all powerful?

Sigh!