• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Devil/Satan Worshipers

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No. We are led by the Holy Spirit and thus the law has no part in the Christian life (see Matthew 5:17, below). You are justified by faith in Jesus Christ apart from the law. The law requires works of the flesh. As a Christian, we walk by faith in Christ (under grace) not by faith in our flesh (under law).

"The Law is complete in Him (Holy Spirit) and He being in us should have NO second thoughts in following it as well." (Matthew 5:17)

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (From Galatians chapter 3)

AMEN TO THAT SISTAH!

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. We are led by the Holy Spirit and thus the law has no part in the Christian life (see Matthew 5:17, below). You are justified by faith in Jesus Christ apart from the law. The law requires works of the flesh. As a Christian, we walk by faith in Christ (under grace) not by faith in our flesh (under law).

"The Law is complete in Him (Holy Spirit) and He being in us should have NO second thoughts in following it as well." (Matthew 5:17)

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (From Galations chapter 3)

Thank you for taking the time to write up that response and include Scriptural references. I do not disagree with you. I should have made myself more clear on my point but I missed one of your posts while I typed my original response and thus was responding to an incomplete picture.
First, I think Spurgeon was correct in saying "God's law. Summed up in the 10 Commandments, and reiterated by Christ". He is not referring to the Old Covenant Law of the Jews (which was a very detailed rule-set for living and with the High Priest giving sacrifice to atone for the sins of the people - for Christ had not yet come into the world) but God's Law as laid out in the Ten Commandments which are the spiritual laws which we are to strive to abide by. I apologize for the confusion.
Thankfully, we are sanctified in Christ and His Grace is sufficient so we are free from pursuing 'salvation by works' which is un-Biblical. We as Christians are saved by Grace and to try to earn salvation through works is folly, however the Bible clearly attests that good works are a natural product of a changed heart.
Those who do not know Christ still live under the full weight of God's Law and eventual Judgement and Christ wants them to accept His sacrifice and accept Him as Lord so that they may be saved.
I apologize for the confusion and I am glad to know you are a believer.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First, I think Spurgeon was correct in saying "God's law. Summed up in the 10 Commandments, and reiterated by Christ". He is not referring to the Old Covenant Law of the Jews (which was a very detailed rule-set for living and with the High Priest giving sacrifice to atone for the sins of the people - for Christ had not yet come into the world) but God's Law as laid out in the Ten Commandments which are the spiritual laws which we are to strive to abide by. I apologize for the confusion.
I prefer Jesus' update of the law: to love God with all your being, and to love your neighbor as yourself.

Are we all "under the law", even those of us who are not Christian? We all reap the consequences of our actions. If we ignore God, we forego the benefits of a relationship with the divine. If we treat our neighbor with hate, contempt, or apathy, we can expect no better in return. Simple cause and effect.

As for worship, I agree that it is silly, infantile even. Respect, reverence, appreciation, awe - all these make sense. But mostly, pay attention.

Mole

Permabanned
Becoming and Worship

Why does a person worship?

Whatever we worship, we become.

Naturally we worship our parents first, and the Chinese for instance have made ancestor worship into a religion.

And our religion is our patrimony, our inheritance. Almost everyone on Earth inherits our religion. And so we take our religion for granted. And we seek to control our world within our taken for granted. And the better our control, the stronger is the taken for granted.

The only way our is ecstasy, for ecstasy is stepping outside the taken for granted.

And although ecstasy is desirable, it is also scary, so we have developed fake ecstasies, ersatz ecstasies, like the ekstasi pill.

So almost all of us are trapped, imprisoned, by what we worship. And what we worship. we become. So it is wise to examine what we worship.

Many of us worship social status and devote our lives to it. Some of us worship pop idols and even speak and dress like them. Some of us worship money. And some of us worship the God of Abraham who ordered Abraham to torture and murder his son. Some of us worship jihad and martrydom. And some of us worship ourselves without even knowing.

So I wonder, what do you worship and what are you becoming?

Mole

Permabanned
A Fugue

Victor, you always make the thread better.

I'd love to be able to sing and compose music. But so far I can't sing in tune, and can't play a musical instrument or read music. I have though bought a keyboard for my iMac and I am looking for a role model.

So I am imagining you are writing a fugue, a fugue for two voices. One voice is the Rockies and the other voice is the Great Dividing Range.

And I am told whatever I imagine, I become.

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'd love to be able to sing and compose music. But so far I can't sing in tune, and can't play a musical instrument or read music. I have though bought a keyboard for my iMac and I am looking for a role model.

So I am imagining you are writing a fugue, a fugue for two voices. One voice is the Rockies and the other voice is the Great Dividing Range.

And I am told whatever I imagine, I become.

Ah, you can imagine all you want... but to actually make a difference, you must act.. :)

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I believe that most people who are Satan worshippers are rebelling against the restrictions that "religion" places on them.

I'm not sure they realize that the things that make their life miserable would fall in the evil category and therefore would be foolish things to worship or wish for in their lives.

That girl is foolish, but I doubt if it is restricted to dating devil-worshippers.

Lark

To be honest anyone who still believes all that schismatic nonsense about "I'm save/part of the elect/justified and no laws apply to me" should read Hogg's Confessions of a Justified Sinner, its a great satirisation of the bigotry and fate to which that mindset inevitably leads.

While I dont like secularism and atheism I'm always glad that they generally arent characterised by the same sorts of dreadful sectarianism.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be honest anyone who still believes all that schismatic nonsense about "I'm save/part of the elect/justified and no laws apply to me" should read Hogg's Confessions of a Justified Sinner, its a great satirisation of the bigotry and fate to which that mindset inevitably leads..
The same laws apply to me that apply to everyone: the laws of physics; the laws of cause and effect. Some might extend this to karma, in the sense that if I go around essentially screwing people, it will come back to bite me. Deferring our comeuppance, or reward, until the afterlife is just a justification for either hedonism or injustice in this life, and neither logical nor productive. We need not wait until the afterlife (whatever that is) to reap the consequences of our actions. There are plenty of ramifications here on earth.

Lark

The same laws apply to me that apply to everyone: the laws of physics; the laws of cause and effect. Some might extend this to karma, in the sense that if I go around essentially screwing people, it will come back to bite me. Deferring our comeuppance, or reward, until the afterlife is just a justification for either hedonism or injustice in this life, and neither logical nor productive. We need not wait until the afterlife (whatever that is) to reap the consequences of our actions. There are plenty of ramifications here on earth.

Hogg's book is about the idea which Calvin had that people are either part of the elect whose names are written in the book of life or they are not, its the idea of a choosen people beyond the ethno-nationalist boundaries semitic jewry, in the book the character decides that they are a justified member of the elect whose sins have been atoned for by Jesus death and therefore will experience no consequences for their actions (a murder among other things) either in this life or the afterlife.

Mole

Permabanned
Hogg's book is about the idea which Calvin had that people are either part of the elect whose names are written in the book of life or they are not, its the idea of a choosen people beyond the ethno-nationalist boundaries semitic jewry, in the book the character decides that they are a justified member of the elect whose sins have been atoned for by Jesus death and therefore will experience no consequences for their actions (a murder among other things) either in this life or the afterlife.

Some worship John Calvin and some worship Cornelius Jansen - two devils who are two peas in the same pod.

But while these devils have our attention, Keyser Söze remains invisible.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Some worship John Calvin and some worship Cornelius Jansen - two devils who are two peas in the same pod.

But while these devils have our attention, Keyser Söze remains invisible.

diablo.png