• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Devil/Satan Worshipers

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, that makes sense. And after that? You just continue living on Earth as a ghost or reincarnated? Kind of like a hell in it's own way, but shed in a good light because it's still just living?

You continue living until you are not living. Humans are mortal, after all.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You continue living until you are not living. Humans are mortal, after all.

This, (and the website I'm at) kind of sound like the girl in [MENTION=4212]Peguy[/MENTION]'s video. "Satan worship is not about Satan."

S

Sniffles

For [MENTION=14738]Spaceskye[/MENTION]:
Casual or adolescent Satanism

Adolescents use satanic symbols like the inverted pentagram, the trappings of the black mass, or demonic imagery to provide the impression of satanism.[16] This is a liminal experience, reserved primarily for shock value, and does not necessarily imply actual interest, or even belief, in the rites, symbolism, and philosophies of the various forms of Satanist religious practice cited above.[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism#Casual_or_adolescent_Satanism

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
This, (and the website I'm at) kind of sound like the girl in [MENTION=4212]Peguy[/MENTION]'s video. "Satan worship is not about Satan."

I consider Satan to be one of the top 5 most important teachers in the entire bible. He is largely a voice of opposition, rather than conformity, to God's will.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I consider Satan to be one of the top 5 most important teachers in the entire bible. He is largely a voice of opposition, rather than conformity, to God's will.

Hmm... why would a Satanist not just skip the Satan and Bible step all together and say that they are living life to the fullest until they are buried in the ground? What's the point of worship and religion without an afterlife or end product involved?

(I see what you're saying on the philosophy end of things... "worship" and teachings and followings and such sound like more restrictions though.) Like- it's still rules and set thought- it sounds counterproductive to whatever they are trying to teach.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmm... why would a Satanist not just skip the Satan and Bible step all together and say that they are living life to the fullest until they are buried in the ground? What's the point of worship and religion without an afterlife or end product involved?

(I see what you're saying on the philosophy end of things... "worship" and teachings and followings and such sound like more restrictions though.)

Worship is fundamentally wrong, whether it be of a god, gods, or enemies of god(s)

KDude

Why do people who don't like Justin Bieber go out of their way to mention him whenever they can?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really can't get over the picture on this front page though. http://churchofsatan.com/

It screams, "We're about freedom on Earth. You must wear a shocking mask to our meetings."
:laugh:
How is one supposed to take this seriously?

D

Dali

This thread reminds me of an Aussie member (seriously) referring to a female INFP as Satan's handmaiden. LOL

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Highly unlikely that this kid worships the devil. He's just a rebellious, misguided youth. I didn't know any "devil worshippers" but a few kids in high school that claimed to be in to Wicca. At that age, it's all the same. They don't know what they're talking about, they just want to go against the status quo of Christian society
They certainly don't know what they are talking about. Wicca has nothing to do with Satan. In fact, most Wiccans and other Pagans I know (and I know quite a few) don't even believe in Satan, so one might as well worship Mickey Mouse.

Is Satan the serpent that gave humans the knowledge of good and evil? Or is this character distinct from the one who wagered that Job would forsake God?
In pre-judaic religions of the area around Canaan, the serpent was a symbol of the Goddess, specifically a bringer of wisdom. The association of the serpent with evil in Genesis is one of the devices used by the writers of those stories to discredit and suppress the earlier religion.
I kind of feel out of place around any rituals and people wearing robes and such. Black robes or not.
You don't know what you're missing. (If you understood it and had some control over it, you might feel otherwise.)

Aibell

MBTI Type
INTP
The reason why many people use the symbol of Satan is that they feel a strong dislike of religion as a whole. It's like saying "I don't like your religion to the point of I'd rather worship your symbol of evil". Most of the people I know who use that symbol have developed a strong distaste for religion because of the lack of freedom, the judgemental thought of sin and they do think that religion is the root of most of the worlds problems. These people are mature, pensive and reflective people well over the age of 30. None of them sacrifice babies, dress up as monks, holds inverted masses or drink blood.

KDude

You don't know what you're missing. (If you understood it and had some control over it, you might feel otherwise.)

I'm familiar with them. I just think I'm out of place. I'm a little bothered even by typical day-to-day rituals. For example, when friends keep going to the same meeting place and hanging out or doing some activity every time in a year. That's a ritual in a way. And boring. Or pouring out a 40 for my homies. Creepy. And besides, my "dead homies" were, for the most part, idiots.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am bothered by rituals that are meaningless. If it has meaning for someone else, I can understand why they do it, but won't partipate unless it has meaning for me. The things you describe sound like they fall in this category. This is why I avoid most church services: they have no meaning for me. If I am there for a special occasion, say a friend's wedding, then that is the meaning, and I will attend.

KDude

I am bothered by rituals that are meaningless. If it has meaning for someone else, I can understand why they do it, but won't partipate unless it has meaning for me. The things you describe sound like they fall in this category. This is why I avoid most church services: they have no meaning for me. If I am there for a special occasion, say a friend's wedding, then that is the meaning, and I will attend.

I know what you mean. I don't want to judge too harshly what others find meaningful. I just feel out of place and don't like being dragged into it.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I agree strongly with this.
Singing songs once per week and eating a wafer with a sip of wine is not sufficient on its own to living a good life, let alone being a good person.

:solidarity:

Also, here is some other information that you may consider "Part 2" of my earlier post.
It is not directed at Satanism/Devil Worship, but is directed at my views on religion and science.
I'm a Roman Catholic, and I'm also a scientist. I am content and happy to have belief in both schools of thought, and in my mind they do not conflict as is the case for many others who think that they must choose between one or the other.
If you're interested, here is how it goes: :newwink:

HALLAism - Part Deux:
The contents of my first post in this thread and the following information is everything (significant) I've pondered on regarding faith, science, and a majorly compressed summary of a fantastic Western Civilization class I took back in 1994.
The professor was amazing, he taught us so many things that related to faith but that had also been unequivocably verified by sound (e.g. no "hocus pocus") scientific principles/analysis.

I was pursuing a B.S. in Biology at that time, and had already taken Chemistry I & II + both labs, Organic Chemistry I & II + both labs, Calculus I, Physics I + lab, Genetics, Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II + labs, Cell Biology, Botany, Ethnobotany, and Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy + lab.

I've also always been a very avid reader of modern medicine and pharmacology. So, I knew alot about what mankind could "prove" about life, and I also knew what some of the basic yet fundamentally massive limitations of our scientific capability are.

We've practically decoded the human genome but we're only in the infantile stages of knowing what any of it does/means.
We know how to accomplish some things with embryonic stem cells but still can't grow replacement organs/tissues on a widespread basis, only limited now at best.
There are still a ton of diseases that cannot be cured, and that only partially be treated.
We might be able to clone a living organism but we CANNOT CREATE LIFE from NOTHINGNESS.

The final statement is what allowed me to realize that God created LIFE as an ECOSYSTEM, of which we are but a small part of, yet His chosen children. Louis Pasteur was brilliant to isolate meat from flies in jars covered with cheesecloth, as he disproved the theory of spontaneous generation. And for all the wannabe disprovers of the existence of the creation of life by a supreme being, all they can do is prove that nucleic acids can be formed in the waters of what was the primordial Earth when the elements froze, or were stimulated by lightning. None of them have proved that silicon chips floating around in the primordial seas were capable of serving as a substrate that sucessfully creates an entire living organism.

Hell, the very same gene that initiates the formation of an eye is the same in a drosophila fruit fly as it is for a human being. The "energy powerhouse organelles" of plants are CHLOROPLASTS, which are uncannily similar to the energy powerhouse organelles of animal cells, aka MITOCHONDRIA. Many scientists believe that the dual membrane around mitochondria is a sign that such organelles were somehow "absorbed into" primitive animal single celled organisms, and thus contributed to the eventual evolution of multicellular life, and much later living organisms. Furthermore, the fundamental molecules of LIFE in MAMMALS (hemoglobin) and PLANTS (chlorophyll) have almost identical carbon skeletons, differing most significantly only by the central core atom of each structure, IRON in Hemoglobin, and MAGNESIUM in Chlorophyll. Guess what? They are in the same family (Column 8, Family VIII-B) in the periodic table of the elements.

Yet another amazing dualistic truth about the creation AND evolution of HUMAN LIFE is evident in embryonic anatomy. First a zygote (1 sperm + 1 egg) develops into a blastual, then it differentiates into what looks like a fish, then grows into something that looks like a bird fetus, then a reptilian looking fetus, then a primitive mammalian fetus, and eventually a human fetus. WE ARE THE END STATE OF GOD'S CREATION. Yet, after he created us, and every other living thing in our ecosystem, all of it continued to evolve. More on that later.

So, to anyone who tries to tell me that life on this Earth was not created by a benevolent and supreme being, I tell them to go try and cook up a living ecosystem as magnificent and comprehensively integrated all the way down to DNA and up to embryonic evolution as that here on Earth in the best laboratories on this planet, and lament that if they try the rest of their lives, their efforts will end in utter failure.

Although many scientists have devoted their lives to disproving creation, and many religious leaders have tried to disprove evolution, I must laugh at all of them, because BOTH ARE TRUE:

(1) GOD created LIFE

(2) LIFE has been, and is now EVOLVING due to SPONTANEOUS GENETIC MUTATIONS, ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGES, HYBRIDIZATION, MAN MADE INTERFERENCE, and NATURAL SELECTION.

I'm at peace with both religion and science.
Science is the toolkit which we try to make our lives here on Earth as best as they can be.
The love and power of God is what gave everything life, and what we will return to once science fails to keep our human bodies alive and our spirit returns once more to our Maker in heaven.

Those have been my beliefs since I was 20 years old, I am now 37, and I do not see anything out there that is going to make me waiver on any of the ground I base my faith on.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for communicating.
I hope you are all doing well and are having a wonderful day!

:solidarity:

-Alex