User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    No. We are led by the Holy Spirit and thus the law has no part in the Christian life (see Matthew 5:17, below). You are justified by faith in Jesus Christ apart from the law. The law requires works of the flesh. As a Christian, we walk by faith in Christ (under grace) not by faith in our flesh (under law).

"The Law is complete in Him (Holy Spirit) and He being in us should have NO second thoughts in following it as well." (Matthew 5:17)

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (From Galatians chapter 3)
    AMEN TO THAT SISTAH!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    No. We are led by the Holy Spirit and thus the law has no part in the Christian life (see Matthew 5:17, below). You are justified by faith in Jesus Christ apart from the law. The law requires works of the flesh. As a Christian, we walk by faith in Christ (under grace) not by faith in our flesh (under law).

"The Law is complete in Him (Holy Spirit) and He being in us should have NO second thoughts in following it as well." (Matthew 5:17)

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (From Galations chapter 3)
    Thank you for taking the time to write up that response and include Scriptural references. I do not disagree with you. I should have made myself more clear on my point but I missed one of your posts while I typed my original response and thus was responding to an incomplete picture.
    First, I think Spurgeon was correct in saying "God's law. Summed up in the 10 Commandments, and reiterated by Christ". He is not referring to the Old Covenant Law of the Jews (which was a very detailed rule-set for living and with the High Priest giving sacrifice to atone for the sins of the people - for Christ had not yet come into the world) but God's Law as laid out in the Ten Commandments which are the spiritual laws which we are to strive to abide by. I apologize for the confusion.
    Thankfully, we are sanctified in Christ and His Grace is sufficient so we are free from pursuing 'salvation by works' which is un-Biblical. We as Christians are saved by Grace and to try to earn salvation through works is folly, however the Bible clearly attests that good works are a natural product of a changed heart.
    Those who do not know Christ still live under the full weight of God's Law and eventual Judgement and Christ wants them to accept His sacrifice and accept Him as Lord so that they may be saved.
    I apologize for the confusion and I am glad to know you are a believer.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Oh snap!

CHRISTIAN FIGHT!
    Hardly. Though any excuse for popcorn is a good one!
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Hardly. Though any excuse for popcorn is a good one!

Shhhhh!!! You'll ruin it with that sort of rational thought!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    First, I think Spurgeon was correct in saying "God's law. Summed up in the 10 Commandments, and reiterated by Christ". He is not referring to the Old Covenant Law of the Jews (which was a very detailed rule-set for living and with the High Priest giving sacrifice to atone for the sins of the people - for Christ had not yet come into the world) but God's Law as laid out in the Ten Commandments which are the spiritual laws which we are to strive to abide by. I apologize for the confusion.
    I prefer Jesus' update of the law: to love God with all your being, and to love your neighbor as yourself.

Are we all "under the law", even those of us who are not Christian? We all reap the consequences of our actions. If we ignore God, we forego the benefits of a relationship with the divine. If we treat our neighbor with hate, contempt, or apathy, we can expect no better in return. Simple cause and effect.

As for worship, I agree that it is silly, infantile even. Respect, reverence, appreciation, awe - all these make sense. But mostly, pay attention.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Oh snap!

CHRISTIAN FIGHT!
    There's no fight. It's just a simple misunderstanding.

Becoming and Worship

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Why does a person worship?
    Whatever we worship, we become.

Naturally we worship our parents first, and the Chinese for instance have made ancestor worship into a religion.

And our religion is our patrimony, our inheritance. Almost everyone on Earth inherits our religion. And so we take our religion for granted. And we seek to control our world within our taken for granted. And the better our control, the stronger is the taken for granted.

The only way our is ecstasy, for ecstasy is stepping outside the taken for granted.

And although ecstasy is desirable, it is also scary, so we have developed fake ecstasies, ersatz ecstasies, like the ekstasi pill.

So almost all of us are trapped, imprisoned, by what we worship. And what we worship. we become. So it is wise to examine what we worship.

Many of us worship social status and devote our lives to it. Some of us worship pop idols and even speak and dress like them. Some of us worship money. And some of us worship the God of Abraham who ordered Abraham to torture and murder his son. Some of us worship jihad and martrydom. And some of us worship ourselves without even knowing.

So I wonder, what do you worship and what are you becoming?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Victor, you always make the thread better.

A Fugue

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceskye View Post
    Victor, you always make the thread better.
    I'd love to be able to sing and compose music. But so far I can't sing in tune, and can't play a musical instrument or read music. I have though bought a keyboard for my iMac and I am looking for a role model.

So I am imagining you are writing a fugue, a fugue for two voices. One voice is the Rockies and the other voice is the Great Dividing Range.

And I am told whatever I imagine, I become.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I'd love to be able to sing and compose music. But so far I can't sing in tune, and can't play a musical instrument or read music. I have though bought a keyboard for my iMac and I am looking for a role model.

So I am imagining you are writing a fugue, a fugue for two voices. One voice is the Rockies and the other voice is the Great Dividing Range.

And I am told whatever I imagine, I become.
    Ah, you can imagine all you want... but to actually make a difference, you must act..