User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceskye View Post
    Why aren't you? Why don't you think you're under the law?
    Because illusions are ontologically private.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I believe that most people who are Satan worshippers are rebelling against the restrictions that "religion" places on them.

I'm not sure they realize that the things that make their life miserable would fall in the evil category and therefore would be foolish things to worship or wish for in their lives.

That girl is foolish, but I doubt if it is restricted to dating devil-worshippers.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceskye View Post
    Victor, you always make the thread better.
    +10

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

To be honest anyone who still believes all that schismatic nonsense about "I'm save/part of the elect/justified and no laws apply to me" should read Hogg's Confessions of a Justified Sinner, its a great satirisation of the bigotry and fate to which that mindset inevitably leads.

While I dont like secularism and atheism I'm always glad that they generally arent characterised by the same sorts of dreadful sectarianism.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Devil take them. All of them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    To be honest anyone who still believes all that schismatic nonsense about "I'm save/part of the elect/justified and no laws apply to me" should read Hogg's Confessions of a Justified Sinner, its a great satirisation of the bigotry and fate to which that mindset inevitably leads..
    The same laws apply to me that apply to everyone: the laws of physics; the laws of cause and effect. Some might extend this to karma, in the sense that if I go around essentially screwing people, it will come back to bite me. Deferring our comeuppance, or reward, until the afterlife is just a justification for either hedonism or injustice in this life, and neither logical nor productive. We need not wait until the afterlife (whatever that is) to reap the consequences of our actions. There are plenty of ramifications here on earth.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The same laws apply to me that apply to everyone: the laws of physics; the laws of cause and effect. Some might extend this to karma, in the sense that if I go around essentially screwing people, it will come back to bite me. Deferring our comeuppance, or reward, until the afterlife is just a justification for either hedonism or injustice in this life, and neither logical nor productive. We need not wait until the afterlife (whatever that is) to reap the consequences of our actions. There are plenty of ramifications here on earth.
    Hogg's book is about the idea which Calvin had that people are either part of the elect whose names are written in the book of life or they are not, its the idea of a choosen people beyond the ethno-nationalist boundaries semitic jewry, in the book the character decides that they are a justified member of the elect whose sins have been atoned for by Jesus death and therefore will experience no consequences for their actions (a murder among other things) either in this life or the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Hogg's book is about the idea which Calvin had that people are either part of the elect whose names are written in the book of life or they are not, its the idea of a choosen people beyond the ethno-nationalist boundaries semitic jewry, in the book the character decides that they are a justified member of the elect whose sins have been atoned for by Jesus death and therefore will experience no consequences for their actions (a murder among other things) either in this life or the afterlife.
    Some worship John Calvin and some worship Cornelius Jansen - two devils who are two peas in the same pod.

But while these devils have our attention, Keyser Söze remains invisible.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Some worship John Calvin and some worship Cornelius Jansen - two devils who are two peas in the same pod.

But while these devils have our attention, Keyser Söze remains invisible.

Sniffles

I believe the devil is Aussie: