• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Astrologers are real big-picture, long-time thinkers, then.

Yes, the most serious ones certainly are.

Check out Tarnas' 'The Passion of the Western Mind'.

It's a phenomenal history of all the cosmological views that have held power in the western world since the Ancient Greeks.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It's like using a broken clock to tell the time because you know it's right twice a day at some point.

I believe their position would be that the actual time is the time they're looking at, and, just because you tilt your head, and thus see the numbers on the clock a bit differently, it does not mean the time has changed.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
precession3.gif

Nicodemus

I believe their position would be that the actual time is the time they're looking at, and, just because you tilt your head, and thus see the numbers on the clock a bit differently, it does not mean the time has changed.
Yeah, they would...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm bored and willing to offer up my chart interpretation services, if y'all are interested.

Post a chart. Ask a question. Tag me in it.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION]

Here's my chart:

I got a few questions:

What does the colored lines scribbled all over the chart mean?

What are the stairs to the bottom left and the symbols in the squares?

And also, what can you tell about me based on the chart?

Very much looking forward to your answer. :)

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Here's another:

I don't know much about astrology, but I'm interested in learning.

And mine. [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION]

(Do you regret your generous offer yet? :alttongue:)

8iQnWP2.png

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never. :wink:

I'll start doing interpretations tonight, and will try to get to everyone no later than Sun. If anyone else wants a reading, then shoot it to me sooner than later.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Because you offered a long time ago and I forgot about it :gleam:

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Someone was talking about Astromatrix in Vent, so I had a look-see. It looks very interesting. I've never seen these detailed astrology profiles before. Here's my Personality Image Matrix from Astromatrix. (Of course, Selfishness is at the top.)

This is my natal chart from Cafe Astrology. So lopsided. :ack!: It isn't pretty.

Astromatrix shows no planets for the air element. Is that supposed to mean anything?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In a case you'll have some time and energy could you look at my natal chart? I am really interested in your interpretation :) .

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Here's another:

I don't know much about astrology, but I'm interested in learning.

(I had this whole thing written out and half of it got deleted. I'm gonna do my best to reproduce what I saw originally.)

What stands out immediately about your chart is the stellium of most of your personal planets between your Scorpio ruled 8th house and Sag ruled 9th house. Your chart is governed by Pluto, meaning that things like power, sex death and transformation are key themes in your life. You're a person of intense ideals and passions, although you may tend to take a more esoteric/cerebral/philosophical approach to many of these themes as a native sun in sagittarius. Nonetheless, there's a lot of fire and intense idealism that's indicated by the placement of your stellium.

As sort of a counter balance to that are the two squares that I mentioned in your chart to Saturn and Mars respectively. Saturn is an interesting planet in that it has sort of a bad rep in astrology, or is at least somewhat misunderstood. Traditionally called one of the "malefic" planets, whenever Saturn is in aspect to another planet, it has a restricting effect. Saturn is astrologies stern dad that tells you that you can't have what you want in life without doing the real work to attain that thing. The impact is that the other aspected planet is more self-conscious in its expression. Because Saturn is square your Sun, Moon, Mercury Jupiter, Pluto stellium, this innately powerful person that I described before may often feel somewhat undercut or less than than they might be otherwise. Squares imply conflict and tension. The structure of this one says on the one hand that you have these deep passions and convictions, but on the other you may feel unworthy of living out those dreams. Adding to this is the other square with Mars, which governs passion, drive, motivation and ambition, which suggests that for all you may have these ideals, you frequently lack the will to act them out, or the will to act on your passions may only come in irregular spurts

Handling squares is not easy, but not impossible. Squares are internally created, and generally speaking are most difficult to handle when we are young and are still getting used to how to handle the energies involved. In psychological terms, they'd be referred to as "complexes". The best way to handle them is to find common ground between the two entities involved. In the case of the Saturn square, the rules are pretty simple: if you're passionate about something, do you have the material means to actualize your vision? If and when you do, Saturn won't have much to say about what happens next. On the other hand, if you're getting so caught up in the minutia and lose the passion, then you've got to do what you can to re-stoak the flame of the stellium. Handling the Mars square iwould be something more along the lines of knowing how to act deliberately rather than impulsively, doing what you can to make sure that your actions are in line with your ideals and not self-sabotaging them.

Since Mars and Saturn are in opposition, it's appropriate to think of these three points as a kind of system: passion (stellium), pragmatism (saturn) and action (mars). If you can get those three things to line up, you'll be the dynamo that your chart says you have the potential to be.

Hope this was helpful!

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Anything strike you?

Vasi, since I did your interpretation on Vent earlier do you want me to reproduce it here? Or are you happy with the reading I did earlier?

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Thanks :) This was definitely helpful and I'll try to incorporate this information moving forward.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Vasi, since I did your interpretation on Vent earlier do you want me to reproduce it here? Or are you happy with the reading I did earlier?
Thank you so :heart: and no, unless something is missing here.

Last edited:

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] Could you take a look at mine whenever you have time?