• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

Nicodemus

I can't remember how squicked out I was when I realized my parents must have conceived me on my dad's January 2nd birthday, or at least that time of year.

My parents had sex. EEEWWWWWW.
Now comes the weirdest twist:

Luke, that is my birthday.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've always liked the month of June in particular. Sort of simultaneously strange and pleasing to realize that was almost definitely the month I was conceived. :mellow:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always liked the month of June in particular. Sort of simultaneously strange and pleasing to realize that was almost definitely the month I was conceived. :mellow:

holy shit! i never thought to think about that! and my favorite month has always been oct...like always...i even decided to get married in oct because i loved it...and just now realized that would have been the month for me too whoa wtf.

edit: and! just asked my bf and he said feb which makes sense for his too okay thats weird.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my guess for victor is aquarius. idkw.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a theory that prophecies of any nature, such as Astrological predictions can be averted if the right steps of action are taken.

We have free will; nothing is fixed, and everything is contingent with the choices we choose to make.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
holy shit! i never thought to think about that! and my favorite month has always been oct...like always...i even decided to get married in oct because i loved it...and just now realized that would have been the month for me too whoa wtf.

edit: and! just asked my bf and he said feb which makes sense for his too okay thats weird.

:laugh: Hah that is too funny!! Maybe on some subconscious level we connect with it...

my mom told me i was conceived on her birthday.

i have no particular fondness for march though. i like my own birth month better (december).

Starry

Zara :tongue10: <-what? I don't...

Zarathustra... What do you consider to be your most dynamic or unique or interesting aspect or configuration in your own chart?

And what is the most interesting thing you've personally ever seen...?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Zara :tongue10: <-what? I don't...

How I actually know exactly what this means is astounding...

And I don't know if that's so much me talking up my own game as me talking up yours...

Zarathustra... What do you consider to be your most dynamic or unique or interesting aspect or configuration in your own chart?

Planet Aspect Planet Orb/Value
Sun Conjunction Mercury 9.05 33
Sun Sextile Neptune 3.14 23
Sun Conjunction Pluto 5.34 97
Sun Conjunction Ascendant 9.13 16
Moon Opposition Venus 3.33 -97
Moon Opposition Mars 5.53 -104
Moon Square Jupiter 4.36 -49
Moon Trine Saturn 0.37 120
Moon Square Uranus 1.46 -85
Moon Trine Pluto 5.45 28
Moon Trine Ascendant 2.06 66
Venus Conjunction Mars 2.20 199
Venus Square Jupiter 1.03 -74
Venus Sextile Saturn 2.56 29
Venus Square Uranus 1.47 -35
Mars Square Jupiter 1.17 -130
Mars Square Uranus 4.07 -28
Jupiter Conjunction Uranus 2.50 344
Jupiter Trine Midheaven 2.49 49
Saturn Conjunction Pluto 6.22 73
Saturn Conjunction Ascendant 2.43 116
Saturn Square Midheaven 1.10 -32
Uranus Trine Midheaven 0.01 30
Neptune Sextile Pluto 2.20 25
Pluto Conjunction Ascendant 3.39 25
-------------------------------------
Positive: 1273 Negative: -634 Total: 639

Natal Chart
daisy24

So...

See that pink right angle?

And how that red line connects the ends of those pink lines into a triangle?

That's the dominating dynamic within my chart, and it involves 10 (of 25) major individual aspects in my chart (all 25 can be found in that little boxy triangle thing to the bottom left of my chart, as well as in the chart itself, as well as in the table of aspects I included above the chart) and accounts for 60% (1145/1907) of the absolute values of the values that CafeAstrology's program calculates for those 25 major aspects -- in other words, that single shape is a major part of my chart -- here are the components:

Conjunctions (no lines):
Venus Conjunction Mars 2.20 199
Jupiter Conjunction Uranus 2.50 344

Pink Lines (vertical):
Venus Square Jupiter 1.03 -74
Venus Square Uranus 1.47 -35
Mars Square Jupiter 1.17 -130
Mars Square Uranus 4.07 -28

Pink Lines (horizontal):
Moon Square Jupiter 4.36 -49
Moon Square Uranus 1.46 -85

Red Lines:
Moon Opposition Venus 3.33 -97
Moon Opposition Mars 5.53 -104​

Now, each one of those aspects has its own meaning, and I could put those here (I probably will below, in spoiler tags), but I think in order to understand the shape as a whole, one, while interpreting each individual aspects and the meaning associated with that particular aspect, must not get bogged down on each individual aspect, but try to look at what the aspects, taken together as a group, mean.

In this case, having studied all those individual aspects, and what they mean, and having considered how they all fit together, this is what I'd say about them as a group: there are three parts to this dynamic, each represented by a corner of the triangle: 1) my romantic life (top corner; Venus & Mars); 2) my career (left corner; Jupiter & Uranus); and 3) my emotional life (bottom corner; the Moon).

These three aspects are not in harmony with one another. They are actually in serious conflict.

None of them seems to line up well with one another. In fact, they line up against one another.

The two saving graces would be the conjunctions, but even those have their issues:

199 Conjunction Venus - Mars

He is amorous, not a peaceful and calm lover but a passionate one with a strong temperament. He is demonstrative in love, and likes healthy pleasures. He enjoys life to the full.

344 Conjunction Jupiter - Uranus

He knows what's going on at a glance. He thirsts after knowledge, and is a good organizer. He is very independent, likes his freedom of action, is a non-conformist. He is very agreeable company and is always in demand.

Both speak of intensity, especially the first (which is the more problematic of the two [due to that intensity {and its impracticalities}]).

Other aspects in that formation (i.e., the negative [or challenging] ones):

So, yeah...

Honestly, when I read that shit, it freaks me the fuck out.

If there was just one single aspect I'd have to point to, though, it would probably be this:

97 Conjunction Sun - Pluto

You have much sexual vitality and passion. It is easy and natural for you to find a passion and pursue it, and to focus on a goal. You are not much scared of anything. You enjoy and embrace growth, especially of the psychological kind. You love a good mystery, and you are adept at solving it.You readily assign meaning to what others might consider "ordinary" events. You look for symbols, and read between the lines in most any situation. The physical vitality is generally strong, and the body is usually able to heal quickly. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty, and you are usually quick to help others--not only with mundane tasks, but also on a spiritual or psychological level. Your insight is sharp and sometimes awe-inspiring. You are perceptive and not easily rattled or surprised in life. You are not a do-gooder nor are you a law-breaker. However, you are not afraid of the "dark side" of human nature, and you will bend the rules from time to time if you feel the need to do so. You take particular pleasure in growth and life's lessons. You are not fond of superficiality, and are generally the first to spot pretense of any kind. You are passionate and can be intense. You have a hunger to experience more than just an "ordinary" life, and you can be quite ambitious. Some people with this aspect are perfectionists, demanding much from themselves and reasonable amounts of effort and honesty from others.

Another member on here who has a thing for astrology used to rep me a Pluto symbol when he'd see me overtly display its behaviors.

I was actually reading out loud a description of this aspect from elsewhere on the web when my ex was in the other room, not knowing what I was reading, and she walked in, mouth agape, and earnestly said, "OMG, that is so fucking you I don't even know what to say."

Unfortunately, I'm having some difficulty finding that specific description, but here's another:

A conjunction of the Sun and Pluto shows you possess the traits of an extremist in some ways. Your likes and dislikes can be intense. Being moderate in your actions is always a problem. There is a power complex in play here, and you have to deal with a tendency to become dictatorial. You have a power ego you assert on some occasions, and not always with common sense. Even if it doesn't show elsewhere in the chart, you are highly assertive and competitive. Often your strong drive is directed at improving social conditions in your environment. You have a significant social consciousness, and you are very intolerant of unfair circumstances and injustices.

You tell me how much that does or does not sound like me.

And what is the most interesting thing you've personally ever seen...?

Related solely to astrology, or regarding anything whatsoever?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Zara, tell me what you think of a cusp.

I want to know this too. I'm a cusper and am curious about what people have to say on the subject.

I think that astrology is like a kaleidoscope, and that each of our souls is like an individual frame within that kaleidoscope: one small turn, and new colors and shapes come into frame, and previous colors and shapes disappear, or blend with new colors and shapes, or old colors and shapes in different ways, and to different extents, than they did previously.

As such, with regards to one's Sun Sign, and the astrological sign it finds itself in at the moment of your birth, I believe that, as we get closer and closer to the next sign, we start adopting qualities of that sign, and as we move further away from the prior sign, we start losing the qualities of that sign.

As such, if our Sun is right in the middle of a sign, we should embody that sign to the greatest exclusion of the signs before and after it.

By contrast, if we fall right on the border between two signs, we should embody both of those two signs equally.

And, if we fall just on one side more than the other, we should embody both signs strongly, but the predominant side more than the other.

That being said, I believe the Sun Sign is just a small part of one's natal chart, and is akin to the canvas on which the rest is painted.

That, and also this is just one possible interpretation of cusps, and I'd be willing to be open to other possible interpretations as well.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, but I'm pretty decent at arithmetic, and your homeboy's violating the divide by 2, plus 7 rule...

Not a favorable sign...

Still together after 2 years :)
I guess our moon-neptune conjunction's magical bond has saved us.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about people that don't match very well with their sign? I have a temper that can be sparked in the right circumstances (or in times of intense stress) but I don't find much of the Aries that fits very well for me. Adventurous, yes. Impulsive at times but this was more of a problem when I was young. Not ambitious, can lead but really dislike it and drop it at the first opportunity.

What do you think about ill-fitting signs?

Starry

How I actually know exactly what this means is astounding...

And I don't know if that's so much me talking up my own game as me talking up yours...

There was another time I packed an enormous message to you in an inappropriately vague 'emoticon-sputtered-word' thing and I know I was floored at the time when your response back to me indicated you got the whole thing exactly as I had intended...as in 99.9% of those instances I'm just sitting around waiting to respond to the "wtf?" (I'm surprised I don't have this phrase saved so I can just do an insert text ->"Oh I'm just kidding around with you...what I meant was...")

Sun Conjunction Pluto 5.34 97
Sun Conjunction Ascendant 9.13 16
Pluto Conjunction Ascendant 3.39 25

^^The fact all of this is sitting on your ascendant...and not just any ascendant but a Scorpio ascendant...is huge as well. Well, the Sun's at a 9 degree orb so maybe you're not counting it but conjunctions are at least considered to be in aspect up to 10 degrees and up to 12-15 degrees in old school astro for luminaries so... 'it's on' as far as I'm concerned.

Sun conjunct Ascendant

These people make a strong personal impression. Others tend to see them as confident people, or as leaders of some sort. This is because they project strength. Of course, this strong impression can rub some people the wrong way. These people are noticeable and very aware of how they come across to others.

Sun rising people tend to believe that they are in control of their destiny. They usually don't believe in fate, and they'll take any pessimistic comments that come their way as personal challenges. In fact, this concept extends to other areas of life--they prefer to lead rather than follow, and are usually most comfortable in situations where they have the freedom to do so. They identify strongly with the image they project, and they usually prefer to be viewed as capable individuals. Children with this aspect may appear to be older than their years.

Pluto conjunct Ascendant

Pluto on the ascendant brings the god of the underworld’s energies out very strongly in the individual’s lives. The Ascendant/Descendant axis is one of relationship and Pluto rules taboo sex, so this combination is bound to breed love lives that feature anything from; fierce loyalty, deep love, protection, jealousy, secret affairs, possession, obsession, fetishes, bondage, S & M... Pluto’s life and loves will have a torturous feel about them, they wouldn’t feel alive if they didn’t.

The subject will embody the raw, dark Pluto energy very physically. Sexuality will be in your face and hard to avoid. They will enjoy flaunting the taboo side of this placement and relish in playing the “Bad girl” or “Bad boy”. The Pluto stare can be unnerving and used as a means to control and dominate. Indeed those dark eyes burn so deep into their targets soul that one can feel quite violated by them. Pluto here can be too intense for some people to handle, so Pluto Ascendant may find that people have a love/hate relationship with them and that they are giving the cold shoulder after a certain amount of time.

^^Well actually...I'm not quite sure what I was thinking 'cause those don't really sound much like you. At least I tried to look like I knew what I was talking about... and that's good enough for me.

See that pink right angle?

And how that red line connects the ends of those pink lines into a triangle?

There's an actual name for this configuration but I don't remember what it is... do you know?

These three aspects are not in harmony with one another. They are actually in serious conflict.

None of them seems to line up well with one another. In fact, they line up against one another.

Negative aspects are the only aspects that hold future potential.

If there was just one single aspect I'd have to point to, though, it would probably be this:

You tell me how much that does or does not sound like me.

They sound more like you than most e6 descriptions haha...[inserts text] "Oh I'm just kidding around with you...what I meant was..." I couldn't have created a personal description for Zarathustra so fitting.

Here's an aspect of mine that I do not see as being very fitting of me but I'm attaching it just because it seems a little e7ny...haha

Sun Conjunct Venus

Sun conjunct Venus should make people express the qualities of Venus through their identity (Sun). So the keywords for Venus should be major themes in their lives, such as love, affection, beauty, socializing, art, fashion and poetry. This is certainly the case when looking at the lives of famous people with Sun in conjunction to Venus. There could be a tendency to sugar coat unpleasant realities and behave with indolence. They could also get sucked into indulgence, overspending on luxury goods. But generally these people are charismatic, charming, and lovers not fighters.

Astrology is dumb.

Related solely to astrology, or regarding anything whatsoever?

Now I absolutely need to know both answers...but originally I was 'speaking astrologically.'

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey I wanna know all that stuff!