• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, but I'm pretty decent at arithmetic, and your homeboy's violating the divide by 2, plus 7 rule...

Not a favorable sign...

:laugh: i know, but only by half a year so i made an exception. plus his birthday's the day after mine! how could i pass that up?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
:laugh: i know, but only by half a year so i made an exception. plus his birthday's the day after mine! how could i pass that up?

You NEVER violate the divide by 2, plus 7 rule!

You must wait two years, no sex involved, before dating this man.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Chana's Synastry Chart w/ Scumbag Mike

The Synastry Chart

two2
Inter-planetary aspects

The following aspects between planets concern the possible relationships between two charts: especially the emotional and romantic relationship, but also aspects on social, intellectual and spiritual levels.

179 Hana Conjunction Mike Mercury - Mars

Positive aspect: They stimulate each other to be more creative and expressive. They learn a great deal from each other. They understand each other, like to discuss things with each other and undertake joint initiatives. Great intellectual understanding.

152 Hana Conjunction Mike Sun - Sun

Positive aspect: It's an excellent aspect for a union because neither has to explain to the other about his or her life goals and overall personality. The two people complement each other in basic ways. Although every relationship has its struggles and conflicts, this aspect helps strengthen your relationship because there is an overall understanding and you support one another at the end of the day.

-132 Hana Square Mike Sun - Uranus

Negative aspect: Here is an aspect that speaks against any long-term understanding. At the beginning, they will appreciate each other a lot, and will have pleasure in being together but, quite quickly, this life will become unbearable with disputes, conflicts and crying replacing love.

124 Hana Conjunction Mike Moon - Neptune

Positive aspect: An almost magical bond will unite them. Perfect harmony. There is something MORE to this relationship. It inspires the imagination, and there is a magical feeling of acceptance. There is much devotion here, especially on the part of the Moon person. Spiritual tenderness and romantic warmth between them. Their relationship encourages imagination in both people. This stems from an underlying acceptance of each other, which translates into the feeling that they are free to express their spiritual, imaginative sides without fear in each other's presence. Unconditional love, which is very rare in romantic partnerships.

-121 Hana Square Mike Sun - Neptune

Negative aspect: The Sun will probably suffer in this relationship. Neptune may deceive the other, lie, will promise a fantastic future that only exists in the imagination. Neptune will not be able to live up to these dreams.

112 Hana Trine Mike Moon - Venus

Positive aspect: They get on together very well, be it on the intellectual or the emotional level. They love to be together and appreciate each other's company.

-97 Hana Square Mike Jupiter - Saturn

Negative aspect: Difficult relationship as a couple, the two being too different even to complement each other.

89 Hana Conjunction Mike Moon - Uranus

Positive aspect: They will be very attracted to each other. They will have a life together that will be far from monotonous, sometimes quite out of the ordinary, thanks to Uranus. A life certainly full of surprises and not always agreeable for one of the two.

79 Hana Conjunction Mike Venus - Venus

Positive aspect: Complete respect for each other's romantic style. They don't easily offend each other and instinctively understand what makes the other person happy. Conflicts arise, but they are generally smoothed over with ease, as there is good will between them. Very good aspect for a successful union. Love, gaiety, understanding.

78 Hana Trine Mike Mercury - Neptune

Positive aspect: Good spiritual understanding.

74 Hana Conjunction Mike Mercury - Mercury

Positive aspect: Favorable for all types of communication. It is so easy to get the ideas flowing. Great mental energy between the two. They respect each other's minds.

72 Hana Sextile Mike Mars - Mars

Positive aspect: A life together in which each will desire the other and satisfy each other's sexual needs. As neither is frustrated, the couple will develop in a pleasant atmosphere. They will do great things together.

69 Hana Trine Mike Sun - Jupiter

Positive aspect: Here is a couple you like to be with. They are charming, agreeable and know how to entertain their friends generously and warmly. They go well together, and love each other in a discrete and sincere way, and appreciate the joys of life together.

-69 Hana Opposition Mike Mercury - Pluto

Negative aspect: A tendency to want to direct the partner's thoughts and ideas. Reading too much into what is said and what is not said. The Mercury person doesn't feel free to express his or her ideas, feels stifled intellectually by the Pluto person.

67 Hana Trine Mike Mars - Saturn

Positive aspect: A life together with few problems, love will develop into friendship, they will understand each other and go well together. It can be a little routine at times, and there is some self-consciousness with each other.

An indication that they will both be faithful.

-62 Hana Opposition Mike Venus - Pluto

Negative aspect: A very strong passion but destructive, to be avoided if at all possible. Jealousy, possessiveness, and resentment are very possible. If the relationship ends, it is difficult to remain friends, as one person feels burned.

-56 Hana Opposition Mike Mercury - Saturn

Negative aspect: Mercury will find it difficult to tolerate Saturn because Saturn seems to be critical of Mercury's ideas. Mercury complains that Saturn is too practical and unimaginative.

-53 Hana Opposition Mike Mars - Neptune

Negative aspect: It's too easy for this relationship to end up becoming manipulative and frustrating. You may find that you have a hard time accomplishing much on a practical level when you are together, because you tend to enjoy spending leisure time together.

46 Hana Sextile Mike Moon - Pluto

Positive aspect: An uncontrollable great passion which might be a nuisance, as it sometimes lacks thought or control. Jealousy, possessiveness, absolute need of the other's presence 24 hours out of 24 can be issues. However, when trust is in place, they both will appreciate that their relationship is growth-oriented and far from a lifeless routine. Their feelings for each other evolve over time, and they learn from each other on an emotional level at every twist and turn. This fact is a treasure. The love they share is transforming in nature, so that they both feel renewed - almost like they are "new" people - through the relationship.

44 Hana Trine Mike Mars - Pluto

Positive aspect: Enormous physical passion. The sexual attraction is intense and insistent. They want to be around each other as much as possible. Their sexual relationship evolves with time, instead of dissolves.

37 Hana Trine Mike Venus - Neptune

Positive aspect: Favorable union, they have the same artistic tastes in common, their life will sometimes be full of fantasy.​

F

FigerPuppet

Think of all the useful things you could have learned in the same time that you have spent reading about astrology.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I really didn't spend that much time on it.

And, frankly, I consider the time that I did invest as time well spent.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chana, are you in that relationship or just contemplating it?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I just accurately guessed a celebrity's sun sign for the second time this week...

I'd never attempted to do this before...

1/144

Little_Sticks

I'm a rat in Chinese Astrology.

Rat-Logo-post.gif

a long time ago god asked his favorite animals to join him at a special banquet in which he would give each animal their own year. the rat, being as tricky as he was, fooled the cat into thinking the banquet was the day after it really was.
the next night all the 12 animals lined up to walk to the great banquet. the rat told the ox that he was to tired to walk all the way and the ox kindly let the rat ride on his back. then when they were about to reach the palace, the rat hopped off the oxes’ back and was granted the first year of the zodiac. the banquet lasted for several hours and each of the animals love it, however the cat was sleeping and dreaming of a banquet that would never happen.

Chinese astrology rules. :wink:

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Astrology is interesting indeed.
But not because it is an explanantion of us, humans. BUt because it is one of those hundreds attempts to identify the human personality.
One believes that astrology is THE explanation of our characters - others believe other theories.
But I think that biasing the human character on the stance of the stars, is wrong.
Humans and stars have no personal contact or whatsoever (this sounds funny - just imagine, having personal contact with a star :p) nor can stars influence our thinking (cosmic rays? Naaaw - that won't do).
So astrology is fun and intersesting but not a theory of our characters.
That's just plain out of the picture.

:D sorry Zarathustra; but I really don't believe in astrology.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Astrology is interesting indeed.
But not because it is an explanantion of us, humans. BUt because it is one of those hundreds attempts to identify the human personality.
One believes that astrology is THE explanation of our characters - others believe other theories.
But I think that biasing the human character on the stance of the stars, is wrong.
Humans and stars have no personal contact or whatsoever (this sounds funny - just imagine, having personal contact with a star :p) nor can stars influence our thinking (cosmic rays? Naaaw - that won't do).
So astrology is fun and intersesting but not a theory of our characters.
That's just plain out of the picture.

:D sorry Zarathustra; but I really don't believe in astrology.

Congratulations.

You have declared, "I don't believe in astrology, therefore I don't believe in astrology."

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Congratulations.

You have declared, "I don't believe in astrology, therefore I don't believe in astrology."

Lol, sorry. :D
I know that my declaration is somewhat running in circles. xD
Welcome to my train of thoughts :p

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
It was through astrology, (admittedly not an in-depth analysis of it), that I came to MBTI and Jung. Unfortunately I never looked at natal charts and the like, being as how I was in a dearth of people willing to discuss the idea. At least...that side of it, I found plenty of people who read astrology predictions in THEIR MORNING NEWSPAPER, who nonetheless were unwilling to delve in further.

Just imagine that...the morning newspaper has a better grasp on your astrology sign than someone who has made time to study the subject in detail. :doh:

Anyhow I also read a little on chinese astrology including a book I picked up working at a charity shop some time ago which attempted to combine western and eastern astrology. However, this turned out to be full of the same kind of drivel as the newspapers.

According to that book though I am a Capricorn/Dragon. My....foray into astrology is probably quite unsatisfying to those reading this, as it has been to me. However it is a subject that helped me identify my need to understand myself.

Certainly I find this thread interesting and I will keep a watch on it.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'd rather not look through all 14 pages of this thread, but I'm curious whether any scientific studies have suggested how the arrangement of celestial bodies at a person's birth would have an impact on their personality. Has anyone read up on this? I did a quick Google search, which was interesting -- but I don't know what to make of it

I'm apparently a Leo. I don't relate to it much.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'd rather not look through all 14 pages of this thread, but I'm curious whether any scientific studies have suggested how the arrangement of celestial bodies at a person's birth would have an impact on their personality. Has anyone read up on this? I did a quick Google search, which was interesting -- but I don't know what to make of it

It doesn't claim to work based on mechanistic causal principles.

http://www.cosmosandpsyche.com/PDF/CosmosAndPsyche/CommonGroundTwoSuitors.pdf

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
And imagine that you are being approached by two different epistemologies—two suitors, as it were, who seek to know you. To whom would you open your deepest secrets? To which approach would you be most likely to reveal your authentic nature? Would you open most deeply to the suitor—the epistemology, the way of knowing—who approached you as though you were essentially lacking in intelligence or purpose, as though you had no interior dimension to speak of, no spiritual capacity or value; who thus saw you as fundamentally inferior to himself (let us give the two suitors, not entirely arbitrarily, the traditional masculine gender); who related to you as though your existence were valuable primarily to the extent that he could develop and exploit your resources to satisfy his various needs; and whose motivation for knowing you was ultimately driven by a desire for increased intellectual mastery, predictive certainty, and efficient control over you for his own self-enhancement? Or would you, the cosmos, open yourself most deeply to that suitor who viewed you as being at least as intelligent and noble, as worthy a being, as permeated with mind and soul, as imbued with moral aspiration and purpose, as endowed with spiritual depths and mystery, as he? This suitor seeks to know you not that he might better exploit you but rather to unite with you and thereby bring forth something new, a creative synthesis emerging from both of your depths. He desires to liberate that which has been hidden by the separation between knower and known. His ultimate goal of knowledge is not increased mastery, prediction, and control but rather a more richly responsive and empowered participation in a co-creative unfolding of new realities. He seeks an intellectual fulfillment that is intimately linked with imaginative vision, moral transformation, empathic understanding,
aesthetic delight. His act of knowledge is essentially an act of love and intelligence combined, of wonder as well as discernment, of opening to a process of mutual
discovery. To whom would you be more likely to reveal your deepest truths?

Reminds me of "The gateway to the invisible must be visible." I'm open to the possibility of something transcending mechanistic causal principles, but there has to be logical proof that it does...a loophole or something. Does that make sense / is that reasonable?

Because it sounds like the writer of this essay is implying that when a person sees the universe as a being with spiritual capacity, they will just intuitively know that astrology is legitimate. Or have I misunderstood?

It doesn't claim to work based on mechanistic causal principles.

It seems that there are at least some people who believe it does.