• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

annexfriesia

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Depends.

If it's used as a tool to help one's life, I see little wrong in it. I'm a thorough rationalist, and I use it as thus.

But then it's because most see it as the newspaper horoscopes, which are shit. It's a far more complex field than one would note at first.

And the characteristics of each Sun sign are only meant to be shallowly applied....no two Leos or Aquarius's are the same. If anything, Sun sign is probably the least accurate sign to use, Moon and Ascendant/Rising are most accurate.

Starry

And the characteristics of each Sun sign are only meant to be shallowly applied....no two Leos or Aquarius's are the same. If anything, Sun sign is probably the least accurate sign to use, Moon and Ascendant/Rising are most accurate.

Hello annexfriesia,

I really demonstrated restraint here in that I was able to prevent myself from responding to this post for approximately 7 minutes (so proud of myself right now... self hug :hug: )

While I like that the above quote encourages people to move beyond Sun-sign astrology...the information contained therein is no more accurate than the misinformation you were clearly wanting to correct.

Aspects to planets and angles as well as house placements, etc. <-these are the things that will increase or decrease the degree of influence each astrological object will have on the native. So for some people...their most influential object might just be, in fact, their Sun. For me, however, my Sun has a moderate influence at best...while it's my Moon, Venus and Jupiter that are highlighted.

There are no set rules in this regard and for each individual it will be quite different.

W

WhoCares

So....does your birth chart in any way, reveal possible lifepaths, you know stuff like suitable careers, any potential for greatness, conquering foreign lands, marrying into royalty etc. All the usual stuff? I feel like my purpose in life is to be the contrast against which normality is discovered. I help pretty people look prettier, sane people feel saner and positive people wonder when hell unleashed its minions into the world. Would my birth chart confirm or deny such suspicions?

Mole

Permabanned
Astrology helps us create better relationships.

So we create better relationships at the price of denying the truth of astronomy.

It's as though we blind ourselves to create better relationships.

Mole

Permabanned
I feel like my purpose in life is to be the contrast against which normality is discovered. I help pretty people look prettier, sane people feel saner and positive people wonder when hell unleashed its minions into the world.

I am grateful to you, WhoCares, thanks to you I feel prettier, and I feel saner, and I feel more positive.

- Mole.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
So....does your birth chart in any way, reveal possible lifepaths, you know stuff like suitable careers, any potential for greatness, conquering foreign lands, marrying into royalty etc. All the usual stuff? I feel like my purpose in life is to be the contrast against which normality is discovered. I help pretty people look prettier, sane people feel saner and positive people wonder when hell unleashed its minions into the world. Would my birth chart confirm or deny such suspicions?

I would expect something along those lines, something related to these, to show up in your chart. Perhaps some kind of major or hard aspect with Pluto, perhaps something else. You'd really have to look at your chart to see what's there.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
[MENTION=16264]WhoCares[/MENTION]

WhoCares1_zps4fb5f451.jpg

WhoCares2_zps2a5303bd.jpg

Noon

Tried to avoid this thread but just wanted to answer this question :ninja:

I guess my question, at its most basic, was, would one get the same results if they applied a Vedic Astrology reading to their chart versus a "Western astrology" one? Or, would there be significant differences. And if there are significant differences, what, in your expertise, results in those differences? Different starting points?

It's the subjectivity of astrology that's an issue for me. 1+1 to derive at 2 is universal. As with astronomy.

The results would be significantly different, but mostly because the perspective and methodology are. Vedic is more philosophical by default. Like [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] said, it's almost inseparable from Vedanta. Personality is not even really conceived of in the same way, strictly speaking. This is more of an Ni than empirical difference if you don't count the Precession.

Second issue is, the justification of causation. That planetary movements causes someone born minutes within each other, to have different life courses. I have some familiarity with Vedic astrology, but not enough to really comment on it with authority. But, the causation explanation, has never been cleared up.
Are you familiar with the lunar mansions and divisional charts? They change very quickly. The differences are attributed to them.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I would expect something along those lines, something related to these, to show up in your chart. Perhaps some kind of major or hard aspect with Pluto, perhaps something else. You'd really have to look at your chart to see what's there.

All of what you've mentioned can be predicted with Jyothish. Raj yoga, Dana yogas, spiritual yogas can predicted the possibilities of a person's POTENTIAL/EASINESS for greatness.

But for this particular post I will tackle about career.

Career - or in better words your reputation/duty - is indicated by your 10th house. Find the lord (planet) of the 10th house, where the 10th house lord is placed, whether it's in conjunction with another planet and find whether it's aspected by another planet. All these will indicate what's the ideal career for you.

Of course if you focus and work hard you can succeed in almost every career but birth charts would indicate the what career would suit you more. It doesn't mean you'll like it but it will show what you will be good at. However, if all the Yogas indicate a strong propensity towards a certain career you'd be natually good at it therefore you might enjoy it.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]
In fact, Jung would actually study his patients' natal charts if he ran into a block to which he couldn't find an answer.

Wow thanks for sharing this.

An experienced vedic-astrologer look at a birth chart and easily predict the status of the relationship a person would have with their father, mother etc. And if they have siblings they can check the status of that relationship too.

The sun is the natural Karaka of the father. Moon is the natural karaka of the mother. If any of these are well placed or ill replaced (especially if debilitated) one could easily predict the relationship. Sun is debilitated in Libra and Moon and Scorpio.

Knowing these facts beforehand can help someone have the inner workings of a person and would I guess definitely help when dealing with a patient.

----

The younger sibling elder sibling are indicated by the lords of the 3rd and 11th.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I dig the thread revival on this one. Will be reading this thread throughout the day to get a sense of all the resources in it, but would love any updated resources on getting the grasp of this stuff.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
INTJ are interesting because the dichotomy between their internal and external worlds is so striking. Having extroverted S and T gives them the appearance of practicality and groundedness, or at least no-nonsense straightforwardness. Conversely, having introverted N and F makes their inner world more watery and abstract. Many INTJ may actually see themselves as kinda sensitive and spiritual, but because it's held so closely to them, others may never know.

"Business on the outside, vibes on the inside."