User Tag List

First 25333435

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Depends.

If it's used as a tool to help one's life, I see little wrong in it. I'm a thorough rationalist, and I use it as thus.

But then it's because most see it as the newspaper horoscopes, which are shit. It's a far more complex field than one would note at first.

And the characteristics of each Sun sign are only meant to be shallowly applied....no two Leos or Aquarius's are the same. If anything, Sun sign is probably the least accurate sign to use, Moon and Ascendant/Rising are most accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by annexfriesia View Post
    And the characteristics of each Sun sign are only meant to be shallowly applied....no two Leos or Aquarius's are the same. If anything, Sun sign is probably the least accurate sign to use, Moon and Ascendant/Rising are most accurate.
    Hello annexfriesia,

I really demonstrated restraint here in that I was able to prevent myself from responding to this post for approximately 7 minutes (so proud of myself right now... self hug )

While I like that the above quote encourages people to move beyond Sun-sign astrology...the information contained therein is no more accurate than the misinformation you were clearly wanting to correct.

Aspects to planets and angles as well as house placements, etc. <-these are the things that will increase or decrease the degree of influence each astrological object will have on the native. So for some people...their most influential object might just be, in fact, their Sun. For me, however, my Sun has a moderate influence at best...while it's my Moon, Venus and Jupiter that are highlighted.

There are no set rules in this regard and for each individual it will be quite different.

WhoCares

So....does your birth chart in any way, reveal possible lifepaths, you know stuff like suitable careers, any potential for greatness, conquering foreign lands, marrying into royalty etc. All the usual stuff? I feel like my purpose in life is to be the contrast against which normality is discovered. I help pretty people look prettier, sane people feel saner and positive people wonder when hell unleashed its minions into the world. Would my birth chart confirm or deny such suspicions?

Astrology helps us create better relationships.

So we create better relationships at the price of denying the truth of astronomy.

It's as though we blind ourselves to create better relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    I feel like my purpose in life is to be the contrast against which normality is discovered. I help pretty people look prettier, sane people feel saner and positive people wonder when hell unleashed its minions into the world.
    I am grateful to you, WhoCares, thanks to you I feel prettier, and I feel saner, and I feel more positive.

- Mole.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

So....does your birth chart in any way, reveal possible lifepaths, you know stuff like suitable careers, any potential for greatness, conquering foreign lands, marrying into royalty etc. All the usual stuff? I feel like my purpose in life is to be the contrast against which normality is discovered. I help pretty people look prettier, sane people feel saner and positive people wonder when hell unleashed its minions into the world. Would my birth chart confirm or deny such suspicions?
    I would expect something along those lines, something related to these, to show up in your chart. Perhaps some kind of major or hard aspect with Pluto, perhaps something else. You'd really have to look at your chart to see what's there.

WhoCares

Been studying it but it makes no sense to me. Here's my chart...

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-b....13&lat=-33.52

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Been studying it but it makes no sense to me. Here's my chart...

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-b....13&lat=-33.52
    It's a complicated art.

I still learn a ton every time I study it (and I've been doing so for about 5 years now).

Let me see if I can whip up something for you to make it more digestible.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Tried to avoid this thread but just wanted to answer this question

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I guess my question, at its most basic, was, would one get the same results if they applied a Vedic Astrology reading to their chart versus a "Western astrology" one? Or, would there be significant differences. And if there are significant differences, what, in your expertise, results in those differences? Different starting points?

It's the subjectivity of astrology that's an issue for me. 1+1 to derive at 2 is universal. As with astronomy.
    The results would be significantly different, but mostly because the perspective and methodology are. Vedic is more philosophical by default. Like @Riva said, it's almost inseparable from Vedanta. Personality is not even really conceived of in the same way, strictly speaking. This is more of an Ni than empirical difference if you don't count the Precession.

Second issue is, the justification of causation. That planetary movements causes someone born minutes within each other, to have different life courses. I have some familiarity with Vedic astrology, but not enough to really comment on it with authority. But, the causation explanation, has never been cleared up.
    Are you familiar with the lunar mansions and divisional charts? They change very quickly. The differences are attributed to them.