User Tag List

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

As a Ni-dom, I can say that while I don't actually believe in astrology, nevertheless I have found the subject rather fascinating in a way. Same goes with many other paranormal-related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    My head hurts from the sense of deja vu ... look forward to replaying history though!
    Wait, we need Sim and Victor. Lol.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

I can draw interesting insights from a dog taking a dump on the street. That, however, says much more about me than about the dog. Are you going to defend astrology or Zarathustra's Ni?

4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    what does astrology have to say about interhuman compatibility?
    There are three main kinds of astrological charts: natal, synastral, and composite.

Natal charts are for one person, based on the positions of the astrological bodies in the sky at the time and location of their birth.

Synastral charts are for two (and possibly more?) people, based on the interaction between each of their natal charts.

Composite charts are for two (and possibly more?) people, based on combining their birth data into one unique natal chart, as if, as a couple, they had their own unique, independent existence.

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    here is an excerpt from my birth chart "result". the intro, if you will. and it is just the kind of language that makes some of us giggle. what, the fuck, does it mean?

"You will not get the best out of your birth chart unless you become a go-between worthy of relaying the best. Concentrate first on construction and creativity, and use astrology to define the possibilities as you go along. In the fractal logic of astrology, each planet, sign and house is a self-similar unity complete with its own rewards."

i am open to learning more, but this makes as much sense as a screendoor on a battleship.
    Frankly, I don't like the language there.

About four to five times they enter into gobbledegookland.

It's basically saying, "when you read this, you need to be open-minded to how it might be true".

That way, as opposed to, a priori, trying to find fault's in everything, you might try to consider how what it's saying is true.

Anything you get on the internet is just a spit-out from a computer, so you need to try to get the essence of the message, as it's not being tailored to you as an individual.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6

Anew Leaf

Sorry, I could not resist.

How did you come to take an interest in astrology?

4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you think would make it rigid.

Are you talking about the fact that each person's natal chart is based on the positions of the planetary bodies at the time of their birth?
    By rigid, I mean less room for interpretation. I just assumed it would be more rigid because of the intensely calculative nature of it. Anyway, open ears here.

Tempbanned Array

astrology is B.S /end thread.

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    7w8 sx/so

Oh great and wise Zarathustra, please help me with the following.:

I know my birthdate, and approximate time of birth, but not the "official' hour/minute/second level of granularity.
    I was checking out an astrology research service online about a year ago and it asked for my birth date and time.
    Since I didn't know it exactly I did not order anything, because I didn't want to get shite results via bad input of birth time info.

(1) That being said, what is my best option for getting a good astrology report with the information I have at this time?
    (2) Is there any other info I need to get a good report?
    (3) What resource (paid or free) do you think is best to get a thorough analysis of my astrological info.

Years ago a cousin of mine let me borrow one of Linda Goodman's books.
    It was a great read.
    I'm very interested to see what other info is out there with regard to astrology.

Thanks for your time and any information you are willing to share.

Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

"If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Unlimited Dancemoves ® Array AgentF's Avatar
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Synastral charts are for two (and possibly more?) people, based on the interaction between each of their natal charts.
    would you stop dating someone because your synastral chart told you to?

and is this why that couple inviting me into a threeple asked me for my place, DOB and panty size?
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦