• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

á´…eparted

passages
Interesting.

I've wondered about stuff like that, but this part of astrology is still beyond me.

Do you have a good book recommendation for better understanding this kind of stuff?

I'm not much of a book reader, so sadly no. I have skimmed several books before (my mom has dozens of astrology books on all kinds of stuff), but I'd say 75% of what I know is from reading online, the other chunks would be from talking to others, including professional astrologers. I was on a dedicated astrology forum for a while a few years back and I learned a lot from there.

For the life of me I can't find it at the moment, but there is a website that more or less has an interactive natal chart that lets you fastforward through time, and lets you "watch" how the planets move. It was really useful for me to learn a bit more about the functions of it. I'm going to look for it later and if I find it I'll post it here.

Darn! The website is (was) astrologyscope.com but it appears the website is dead for reasons I wasn't able to figure out. I'm seeing if I can find an alterantive but no dice so far. er, nope, it's dead as a dodo.

Last edited:

Mole

Permabanned
So ultimately, there seems to be something to astrology.

Of course there is. Astrology is our ur-religion, the religion that is basis of all the other religions.

And astrology is an age-old trance induction. It amazes us. I makes us feel good. It makes us feel we are in control. It's as though we have secret knowledge. The knowledge of the ur-religion begun so many thousands of years ago round our camp fires.

Of course we have been betrayed by the astronomers, not one who believes in astrology. And the astonomers are inclined to laugh at us if we ask them about astrology. But the astronomers should beware because it wasn't so long ago that we burnt those who scoffed at astrology.

11Maiden

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Why do people always think starcharts tell everyone the true nature of life?

Mole

Permabanned
Why do people always think starcharts tell everyone the true nature of life?

All you have to do is believe, and those who won't believe know not the true nature of life.

They are like wilful, naughty children, and unless they become good children, they won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go1_500.png

tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go2_500.png

tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go3_500.png

tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go4_500.png

tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go7_500.png

tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go10_500.png

tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go9_500.png

tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go6_500.png

tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go5_500.png

tumblr_n3jvmzeihw1rsvo6go8_500.png

Why are leos the best??​

Once again, Sagittarius emerges as the superior type that everyone is jelly of.

I have a seriously fraught relationship with Geminis though. I either love 'em or can't STAND them. Sometimes both.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have:

Sun Aquarius
Moon Leo
Rising Scorpio

Mercury Aquarius
Venus Aquarius
Mars Aries
Jupiter Gemini

I think the rest was in Capricorn, so I guess I'm mostly a Capricorn

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have:

Sun Aquarius
Moon Leo
Rising Scorpio

Mercury Aquarius
Venus Aquarius
Mars Aries
Jupiter Gemini

I think the rest was in Capricorn, so I guess I'm mostly a Capricorn

YOU'RE BACK

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Couldn't resist either :

I'm still wondering if this whole thread is just a hoax. But then I look at a random newspaper and find a column on astrology and none on astronomy. What is wrong with you people ?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
it won't let me select Australia :C

Edit: Oh, wait. Now it will. nevermind

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
miauwington said:
I'm still wondering if this whole thread is just a hoax. But then I look at a random newspaper and find a column on astrology and none on astronomy. What is wrong with you people ?

What is wrong with you that you would actually think this a valuable response to the ideas presented in this thread.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
These videos are far more interesting...

I actually find this issue interesting as well.

And astrologers are well aware of this fact.

It's called the Procession of the Equinoxes.

I think it's a 24000 or 26000 year wobble to go full circle and back to the original starting point

Eventually, if I understand correctly, it will return to where it was before, which I believe partially accounts for their not caring.

There are other interpretations as well, I believe, that have to do with this issue.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

Eventually, if I understand correctly, it will return to where it was before, which I believe partially accounts for their not caring.

I think it's a 24000 or 26000 year wobble to go full circle and back to the original starting point.

So I havent really read any of this thread, but have you seen the zeitgeist videos?

They talk about the zodiac , almost like its a legitimate thing. Not sure exactly what I mean by that, but I thought it seemed interesting

Nicodemus

I think it's a 24000 or 26000 year wobble to go full circle and back to the original starting point

There are other interpretations as well, I believe, that have to do with this issue.
Astrologers are real big-picture, long-time thinkers, then.

"It's just a temporary flaw in the system, Harry. Never mind it. It's gonna resolve by itself in just about 20,000 years from today."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Astrologers are real big-picture, long-time thinkers, then.

"It's just a temporary flaw in the system, Harry. Never mind it. It's gonna resolve by itself in just about 20,000 years from today."

How very INTJ of them.