• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like this Astromatrix thing. Thanks for posting!

For anyone interested, here's mine:

Our birthdays must be really close together. We share 13 aspects, sun sign and ascendant.

Funny how I have 4 meek aspects coupled with 5 assertive and aggressive aspects*. I'm also a natural peacemaker and cantankerous dominator.

* = I have two of The annihilator, which apparently is passive when my conditioning clashes mildly with my intensity, and belligerent when my assertion clashes strongly with my intensity.

Regardless of all conflicting aspects, I think it's cool how well Sagittarius aligns with E7 and that a lot of aspects in my chart relates to E8, since 7w8 is my self typing.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Our birthdays must be really close together. We share 13 aspects, sun sign and ascendant.

Funny how I have 4 meek aspects coupled with 5 assertive and aggressive aspects*. I'm also a natural peacemaker and cantankerous dominator.

* = I have two of The annihilator, which apparently is passive when my conditioning clashes mildly with my intensity, and belligerent when my assertion clashes strongly with my intensity.

Regardless of all conflicting aspects, I think it's cool how well Sagittarius aligns with E7 and that a lot of aspects in my chart relates to E8, since 7w8 is my self typing.

I self-type as 3w4, and my birthday is on December 6.

I'm sad to say that Sagittarius doesn't really align with my enneagram. :(

I relate to Virgo Ascendant quite a bit though!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Super cool to see everyone's image matrix!

No two yet have quite looked alike (although some have looked a little more alike than others).

Has anyone noticed the one most common (non-generational) aspect?

It's very fitting when you consider where we are...

Super cool to see everyone's image matrix!

No two yet have quite looked alike (although some have looked a little more alike than others).

Has anyone noticed the one most common (non-generational) aspect?

It's very fitting when you consider where we are...

I lack mental focus. I'M SPECIAL.

There's a broken image link in my chart so I'm not going to post it until I've photoshopped something acceptable into the space because it's ugly otherwise.

They also left out one of my "extreme" aspects. I'M GOING TO PHOTOSHOP THAT IN TOO.

/perfectionist about lame things

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
self-exploration?

That's actually a generational aspect -- Neptune Sextile Pluto -- that's been around since the 1940s.

You can kind of think of that as a historical epoch, in which, globally, Self-Exploration would be a major theme.

I lack mental focus. I'M SPECIAL.

:D

And, of course, Senza got it.

This non-generational aspect has been showing up disproportionately in people's charts:

Z-MercuryConjunctSun-MentalFocus-verymildly_zps1a1bd89d.jpg

There's a broken image link in my chart so I'm not going to post it until I've photoshopped something acceptable into the space because it's ugly otherwise.

Yeah, it's a little bit annoying.

I'm actually in contact with the owner of the site, and he asked me to make recommendations to him as to how it could be improved.

They also left out one of my "extreme" aspects. I'M GOING TO PHOTOSHOP THAT IN TOO.

/perfectionist about lame things

:laugh:

Yeah, I noticed that one of them -- "The Go-Getter" -- that they'd put in just a few weeks ago, for whatever reason, they're not putting in my image matrix now. It does show up, however, in the charts tab, where every aspect is included under its relevant planets' columns.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I self-type as 3w4, and my birthday is on December 6.

I'm sad to say that Sagittarius doesn't really align with my enneagram. :(

I relate to Virgo Ascendant quite a bit though!
Mine's on Dec 21. Only about two weeks apart, but still, more than half of our aspects where the same. Considering I had one less aspect on my matrix just by altering my time of birth by 2 minutes, I expected a way smaller gap.

Do you also have Moon in Leo? Reads as a 3-ish personality, with a bit of 8 and sx.

Virgo Ascendant is probably what I relate to the least. :laugh: My manner isn't reserved, at least not by default. Standoffish, yes, at times, but not as outwardly cold or "quietly charming" as they're described.

Though I don't know to what extent the ascendant colors your personality. Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Leo are both extraverted, expressive and warm, and if those are more dominant forces in your personality they could possibly override the impact of the ascendant...

... Aah fuck it, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just shamelessly entertained reading all these charts and descriptions.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My astromatrix... the 'reading' was actually kinda different once I got the exact time for dob rather than guessing 1.5 hrs off.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Mine's on Dec 21. Only about two weeks apart...

So, just to get thijs straight, you guys were born the same year?

...but still, more than half of our aspects where the same. Considering I had one less aspect on my matrix just by altering my time of birth by 2 minutes, I expected a way smaller gap.

Did you mean to say bigger?

Do you also have Moon in Leo? Reads as a 3-ish personality, with a bit of 8 and sx.

Yeah, Leo is very 3, 7, 8.

Could be others types as well (I don't think there's necessarily a correlation in practice), but those are what first come to mind.

Virgo Ascendant is probably what I relate to the least. :laugh: My manner isn't reserved, at least not by default. Standoffish, yes, at times, but not as outwardly cold or "quietly charming" as they're described.

Though I don't know to what extent the ascendant colors your personality. Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Leo are both extraverted, expressive and warm, and if those are more dominant forces in your personality they could possibly override the impact of the ascendant...

... Aah fuck it, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just shamelessly entertained reading all these charts and descriptions.

No, that's a pretty reading, tbh.

Your thinking is at least along the lines that it needs to be while interpreting these.

One question you might ask yourself is whether Virgo is indeed not your Ascendant sign.

Edgar Cayce, the famous American psychic/intuitive/astrologer from the early 1900s, posited that one's "soul birth" was not necessarily the same as one's "birth time" (i.e., what's on your birth certificate). He posited that a child's "soul" might actually be born up to 4 hours before their official birth time. If this is the case, then your rising sign could be different by one, two, even three signs over.

For a Virgo rising, that would mean Leo, then Cancer, and then Gemini.

You might want to check those Rising signs, and see if they fit better.

If one does, then you might want to also adjust all the other subsequent houses in your chart (i.e., adjust your birth time accordingly).

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
My astromatrix... the 'reading' was actually kinda different once I got the exact time for dob rather than guessing 1.5 hrs off.

Yeah, that will likely shift the Houses by one sign.

Which means, every sign every planet was under will change.

It's why having the right birth time does indeed matter.

Not sure if you were trying to get the images in there or not...

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, that will likely shift the Houses by one sign.

Which means, every sign every planet was under will change.

It's why having the right birth time does indeed matter.

Yeah, different Ascendant, which is pretty major in astrology it seems.

Not sure if you were trying to get the images in there or not...

I don't know how to do it, and tend to grow impatient/don't bother, if it's not totally necessary. Figured the words alone conveyed the information.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yeah, different Ascendant, which is pretty major in astrology it seems.

Yeah, it is.

But the Ascendant is basically just the first House.

It then changes all eleven Houses after that.

So the change can be pretty major.

It doesn't tend to change the Aspects as much, tho.

I don't know how to do it, and tend to grow impatient/don't bother, if it's not totally necessary.

You have to do a screenshot, then save that as an image file, then upload it to photobucket or imageshack, then link it here.

Figured the words alone conveyed the information.

What kind of SP are you?!?

:tongue10:

Wait, so are all of those actually present in your chart?

Yup, they're all in my birth chart proper. As for the matrix, I actually only added one label from the chart itself ... and then swapped out the broken image link on another.