User Tag List

First 12

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

It means that your childhood dreams never fully go away.

MBTI
    xNxx

It means exactly what it says. But I have no idea how one could arrive at it or whether it's true or not.

I know it's from a Dylan song, and that he borrowed it (stole it?) from a poet named Henry Timrod.

I could be wrong, but it strikes me as some kind of insight related to Introverted Intuition.

It's an interesting statement, but I'm just not on it's wavelength, so it's pretty obscure to me.
    Last edited by Spurgeon; 11-09-2011 at 04:46 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    It means exactly what it says. But I have no idea how one could arrive at it or whether it's true or not.

I know it's from a Dylan song, and that he borrowed it (stole it?) from a poet named Henry Timrod.

I could be wrong, but it strikes me as some kind of insight related to Introverted Intuition.

It's an interesting statement, but I'm just not on it's wavelength, so it's pretty obscure to me.
    Yeah, Bob Dylan took it for his own song, but the way he uses it is really strange. It comes in at the very end, the rest of the lyric being this odd, kinda Southern-gothic tale about Tweedle Dum & Tweedle Dee, who he changes into some day-jobber, union scab-type characters. It comes in out of nowhere, without any connection to the rest of the lines. The effect it has is like something that's forgotten, which comes up again mysteriously & throws the rest of your life into stark relief. Something that invariably comes to you when you've lost your bearings, & makes you realize it-- but not necessarily anything else.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

NPcomplete

Dreams, even the most seemingly childish ones, do not ever die and are, in fact, necessities.