User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Transcendence

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well the practical idea you outlined was achieveable, the idea of simultaneously pursuing enlightenment and transcendence as understood by a variety of and often very contrary or dichotomous schools of thought, which are themselves often vague about it, is less achieveable than a road trip on donkeys with your mates.
    But by transcendence, all I mean is being better, fundamentally better... is it possible to fundamentally change-- or for the manner in which you live to fundamentally change? Is it possible to reach levels of understanding, vis a vis life, love, the universe & everything, that elevate the character of your existence?
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    But by transcendence, all I mean is being better, fundamentally better... is it possible to fundamentally change-- or for the manner in which you live to fundamentally change? Is it possible to reach levels of understanding, vis a vis life, love, the universe & everything, that elevate the character of your existence?
    Stated that way I would say yes I believe so.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    • Getting (getting?) to the other side.
    • altering (a verb?) awareness?
    • are "these things" (things??) possible?
    • Can it be done (a verb again, really???) ?
    • Becoming (becomming, well .... ) a [better ... really? better? is that what it's about] person (of all things, becomming .. a person? again??? sucks).
    Your confusions:

Getting = acquiring. To get to the other side is to acquire access to what is located on the other side.

Altering is indeed a verb. Very astute.. awareness is to be aware, to be noticing. If one is alive, one is aware. But one is not aware of everything that is... are there not things that exist of which one is nonetheless failing to be aware?? If so, perhaps the reason for this is that the nature of your awareness blocks you from being aware of them.

Things = material, physical matter. Everything is material... a difficult lesson. For a thing to be possible is for its physical existence to be something that is able to occur. Is transcendence-- whatever it is-- a thing that is physically able to occur?

"Done" is a past-tense verb... "can it be done?" is a strategic motivational phrase, aiming to propel its recipient into defiant bursts of activity... seeking to do that which has not been done. It's an incitement to rebellion. Do you have any taste in rebellion?

"Becoming, well" is precisely the issue-- because becoming is something to a large extent beyond one's control. So to resign yourself, you might say "well" afterward-- implying that it's going to happen whether you like it or not. "Better" is of course what it's about-- what else could it be about?? Goodness is happiness... & personhood is the field to which you are limited by determinism... should you become something other than a person, perhaps none of this would matter to you.
    RCUAI
    ---------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Stated that way I would say yes I believe so.
    Me too, usually.
    RCUAI
    ---------